#1 Flipmo

Flipmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • World:UK1
  • Studio:Striped Pantsu

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:16 AM

For some reason i can't make a ticket, tried it twice (maybe BBE dont like bugs to be reported) i will post my ticket here.

As the print-screen in the link below shows the game contains a nasty bug. The tooltip shows i need 11206 stamina to succeed the mission. Since i had 11507 stamina i expected the mission to succeed but it failed. This bug is in the game quiteeeeeee some time. I have it atleast twice a day and it really starting to piss me off!!!

Edited by KatetheSpanka, 25 June 2016 - 01:00 AM.
Removed external link

• FunkBunny, Rochu and Maalena like this

#2 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:16 AM

there are factors you need to take into account which may be affecting the outcomes...

not all missions succeed... the chance of success is determined by your stats, the mission difficulty and the random factor which all games seem to include...

firstly, as there is nothing that an individual player can do to influence the random factor, just be aware of it...

secondly, stats... that determines how the equation for success plays out...

to improve your stats, spend notes, diamonds, or both to buy better equipment pieces, and spend notes to improve stats directly... you can also buy extra energy refills, with either notes or diamonds, to allow you to gain levels quicker...

finally, mission difficulty... in the case you graphically presented, the mission difficulty was hard, which means that the chance of success was as low as the MD can make it...

look for missions of medium or easy difficulty to improve the chance of success...

I know it's frustrating to fail a mission, but it happens... just move on...

Edited by AngelicaSynn, 19 June 2016 - 03:22 AM.

APFXkym.png   

also BenDover on UK2

#3 scurrvy

scurrvy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • World:UK2

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:35 AM

(to Devs)

i mostly dont care about mission successes, cause i'm too lazy to game the system,

but unlike luck based Fighting missions, Skill ones use a 'Wheel of Fortune' styled %probability density

more skill = more green; which (i imagine) is what the new system was for; to tell us how much was needed to win on average.

QsQ66ev.jpg

but to Fail a 'Guaranteed success' after changing clothes to buff that skill is a bitter defeat.

i hope we can find some resolution on this.

ps: i love to prey on these sort of players <3

#4 Maalena

Maalena

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationChain of Craters
  • Character:Maalena
  • Studio:Burning Girls

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:50 AM

"Guaranteed Success. "    Seems self-defining.

• FunkBunny likes this
Posted Image

#5 Flipmo

Flipmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:19 AM

Just started today and got it again, What's bitter that a game based on maths can't compare the outcome off 2 numbers correctly since 11759 is still greater then 11206 in my book (think)

#6 Flipmo

Flipmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:02 AM

I finally was able register a ticket and i got response. According to the devs "Guaranteed success" means "the minimum, not 100% accurate, to achieve success", now i wonder what dictionary they use (think) 

#7 Rochu

Rochu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Character:Rochu

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:26 AM

Welp xD I guess the devs aren't very trustworhy. That or they are just too embaressed to admit to this bug ^_^

#8 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 16:34 PM

Actually, the 'Devs' (programmers, artists, and typists) are German, so it's not totally surprising that they sometimes mis-translate a word when they set up a server in English....

contrary to their image in some peoples minds, most of them are human... that means they make mistakes...

Edited by AngelicaSynn, 21 June 2016 - 16:39 PM.

APFXkym.png   

also BenDover on UK2

#9 scurrvy

scurrvy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 17:07 PM

interesting response Flipmo,

glad things worked out, and more game insight has been given.

only thing to add (imo), is if a german-bro came in to give their opinion / +translation on the matter

#10 Flipmo

Flipmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 22:06 PM

Well call me stubern but too bad it aint a translation error.

XSQYN43.jpg

• FunkBunny likes this

#11 FunkBunny

FunkBunny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Character:FuckBunny

Posted 21 June 2016 - 23:11 PM

(drooling)

#12 IceyAngels

IceyAngels

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Character:IceyAngels

Posted 21 June 2016 - 23:55 PM

GUARANTEE

noun

a promise or assurance, especially one in writing, that something is of specified quality, content, benefit, etc., or that it will perform satisfactorily for a given length of time:
a money-back guarantee.
an assurance that another’s obligation will be fulfilled, or something presented as such security; LINK REMOVED (defs 1, 2).
something that assures a particular outcome or condition:
Wealth is no guarantee of happiness.

Just this tells me it should 100% be a success.  I have seen this a few times in my own missions and find it very upsetting that it is not "guaranteed".  That would be like buying something with a guarantee, then when it dies, they say no didn't mean that it was not covered.  If that is not what they meant, then they should change the wording to reflect the "proper English"

Edited by KatetheSpanka, 04 August 2016 - 10:32 AM.
Removed external link

• ClamEater likes this

#13 scurrvy

scurrvy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 00:36 AM

well found Flipmo,

those who speak it can surely see the error we face

#14 Flipmo

Flipmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:11 AM

I never thought i would learn some german playing this game lol

Es bringt garantiert Erfolg = It is guaranteed to bring success

Knowing now the devs are native german, i'm sure its a bug, pity the support team ain't up to par to admit it, to say it politely.

#15 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 17:36 PM

Did you list it on the translation error thread?

Did you send a ticket to game support, detailing a 'possible translation error'? Or was it only the one you showed, complaining about the supposed 'bug'?

Did you allow sufficient time for the 'devs' to correct the issue?

Is the German support staff supposed to read every word appearing on these forums, in case someone mentions an issue?

Before you complain, maybe you should try doing what you are able to help correct the problem...

How is it impolite to ignore something that hasn't been happening? 

Edited by cullina, 04 August 2016 - 11:27 AM.

• Becky Lynch likes this

APFXkym.png   

also BenDover on UK2

#16 Flipmo

Flipmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 18:57 PM

Well miss patronising smartypants, i know ur mod on HZ forum and that you like to ban peeps. Well here's ur chanse to ban another 1 :O

#17 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 21:41 PM

Well, Flippy...

if I was a mod here, I might consider it...

just a personal observation...

Edited by cullina, 04 August 2016 - 11:29 AM.

APFXkym.png   

also BenDover on UK2

#18 scurrvy

scurrvy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 00:05 AM

no need for aggravating each other here,

as the thread title stated, this thread was for discussing / identifying a possible bug,

and to confirm it wasn't an isolated incident effecting the OP as several of us experienced it, but the silent majority off the forums never spoke out. in any case, it has been confirmed as a logic error that will be addressed.

sidenote;

i can understand Angelica wanting to defend the honour of the Devs,

but as players, and diamond buyers, we would just like transparency and honesty in the problems we face.

never was about personal attacks. just ppl venting frustration / confusion. just calm down with those vested interests.

besides, ppl underestimate them, but i assure everyone, Kate and Chey are very very very responsive.

our cries have been heard by the Creators~

PS: someone, srsly, go post in the Bug fixes section so that a formalized complaint is made/recorded. whatever it is, something is not working as stated.

Edited by scurrvy, 23 June 2016 - 00:14 AM.

• AngelicaSynn likes this

#19 IceyAngels

IceyAngels

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Character:IceyAngels

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:03 AM

Did you list it on the translation error thread?

Did you send a ticket to game support, detailing a 'possible translation error'? Or was it only the one you showed, complaining about the supposed 'bug'?

Did you allow sufficient time for the 'devs' to correct the issue?

Is the German support staff supposed to read every word appearing on these forums, in case someone mentions an issue?

Before you complain, maybe you should try doing what you are able to help correct the problem...

How is it impolite to ignore something that hasn't been happening? I happen to provide support for another Playata product, and if you haven't done all of these, to put it politely... 'Kwit yer Bich'n'

I would be more than happy to submit a ticket but there is a huge problem.  If you want to give feedback about an issue in the game or something you want changed, they send you to post on the forum, they won't help you yet the ticket drop down says "provide feedback about the game".  If you have an issue, they don't even read the ticket at all.  So my question is, why would I bother sending in a ticket anymore? 

Edited by KatetheSpanka, 04 August 2016 - 10:44 AM.
Removed content about previous support ticket and ban from another playata forum.

• FunkBunny and Flipmo like this

#20 Flipmo

Flipmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:41 PM

Guess who's back. (angel)  I finally figured out what i was doing wrong, i been playing every skill mission for a few days now and i haven't failed one. 

PS: If you want to know what i did wrong, PM me on the game.

• FunkBunny and Becky Lynch like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users