• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
  • World:UK2
  • Character:EVE12
  • Studio:STARSHIP ANDROMEDA

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:41 AM

I have noticed that some studios like mine have lots of producers.  However, other studios have much fewer producers.  Let's have a discussion on this topic.  We can discuss the advantages and disanvantages of each philosopy.

#2 Studdy

Studdy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUtica, MI USA
  • Character:Studdy
  • Studio:Sophie's Studio

Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:15 AM

Eve12 - Thank you for your input. This topic is discussed extensively in our NEW FAQ section - specifically in   

https://forum.uk.big...uide/?p=18421 

You should find the answers to any Producer questions in there. Look around while you are there. Some people spent a lot of time anticipating questions and explaining everything you need to know in these FAQ's!

• dparadise and EVE12 like this

#3 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 06 January 2019 - 16:18 PM

When I was a neophyte boss for Busty Spiderbabes, I found myself in charge of a studio with six active players out of a roster of twelve. Our previous boss had stopped logging in, chat was dead, we had no studio improvements. I was desperate to stir activity, so I "sold" the producer positions. A donation of diamonds, or of a large enough number of notes, and I would promote the player.

That was mostly ineffective. I ended up with everyone being a producer, but all I got were one-time donations without any appreciable activity improvements.

...But it gave us enough resources to buy a couple of studio improvements, and that attracted more active players. As the studio grew, I stopped selling the producer slots, and started promoting only players who were volunteering and helping the studio. The diamond buyer who was funding studio improvements. The recruiter, tirelessly finding us new players. The cruise director, who kept chat lively and sexy and fun. The warrior, always ready with advice about how to win duels and how to improve our performance in studio fights. The temple warrior, with research and advice about optimal temple strategies.

I found it better to have producers who cared about the studio, who did stuff for the studio, who were good examples for the rest of the studio. I have never been at a loss for good candidates since I changed style, but I keep it to a small dedicated group who cover the necessary roles.

Having said that:  YMMV. It's more about the boss's personal style than it is about "the one true way". 

Have fun however you go about it.  :)

• Savannah and EVE12 like this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#4 Joe57

Joe57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey USA
  • Character:Joe57
  • Studio:Hungrey Mouths

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:54 AM

To me, (in my studio) a Producer is an earned right, someone I would entrust to run things in my absence. 

• Savannah and EVE12 like this

#5 EVE12

EVE12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
  • Character:EVE12
  • Studio:STARSHIP ANDROMEDA

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:27 AM

These are all good points.  Thanks for your input :) 

I tend to make everyone a Producer unless they are absent for long lengths of time.

• CaptC likes this

#6 Emerald3

Emerald3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • World:UK3
  • Character:Emerald3
  • Studio:Scarlet Hourglass

Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:33 AM

i may have more producers than most, but only a couple of them perform any producer "jobs"...and only one i trust with my boss badge. when i may be unable to be present to schedule a studio battle or something of the sort, i can count two or three to handle business if i leave instructions for them. when i'm stumped (which isn't often), i make one of them figure it out for me before i decide...sometimes i do that same thing just to catch them off guard and once in a blue moon, one will make a decision all on their own without giving a sh-- what i think...and i don't mind that. i make 85% of the calls in the studio, i think most of them prefer that...i have a loyal bunch and i love that too.

those that have been with me since i took over (or longer) and were already producers, i feel like i would be disrespecting them if i changed their rank, whether they make decisions or not. there's been a couple times when i've been too overwhelmed and needed a day to regain my state of equilibrium and actually made my wife boss until i cooled off. never heard a complaint, always gave it back when she felt it was time... it's nice to have that trust.

producer in some studios may be super serious position, some may not. they are good to have when you need them. i've seen studios with every member is a producer and i've also been in studios where it was the boss and only members...it's just what works for you and your people :)

--Emma

Edited by Emerald3, 10 April 2019 - 08:39 AM.

UK3 - Emerald3 - Mother Hen of "Scarlet Hourglass" Studio

*Southern Belle from Hell*
...I disavow

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Starship Andromeda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users