• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe Isle of drublic
  • World:UK2
  • Character:BigBadWolf
  • Studio:The Pirate Alliance

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:27 AM

Over the last 24 hours, I and, a number of players I communicate with have observed periods of what can best be described as chronic lag in the game.

Normally its not so bad that you cant mind waiting a second or two for server response

I have experienced up to 10-15 second delays before the server wakes up to the fact its supposed to be doing something.

In events such as convention temples (*puke noises*) such lags can effect the result of the convention.

If I am going to be dropping 10k+ diamonds on winning against a worthy opponent, I sure as hell do NOT want to loose from the server going ass over tit!

I suggest the Devs cough up a little extra bandwidth over international holiday periods to accommodate for the increased server load.

Have an Orgasmic Christmas!

BBW

#2 john1851

john1851

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:59 AM

why would spend diamonds on conventions ? just wondering .

• Eileendover likes this

:)  ;)  :P

#3 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:18 AM

Placing in the top position gives good rewards in items, experience, and notes (i think) 

you also get extra energy 

all these things give you an ability to advance your character faster - so you can catch up to people like Analis :)

Convention Temples are a team competition where the number of shows in the convention equate to points for your team,

the better the result of your team, the better the rewards in skill points, experience and team diamonds

Plus you get your Name in on the big screen :D

Oh and you get the extra bonus of getting hit by everyone who hate people spending diamonds on conventions :D

#4 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:08 AM

so you can catch up to people like Analis 

There are no "people like me" hun.

But if there were, dropping diamonds in a convention sinkhole wouldn't be the way to catch them.

• CaptC, CrazySexyCool and dparadise like this

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#5 mzharmony

mzharmony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Character:mzharmony
  • Studio:bros and hoes

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:32 AM

But if there were, dropping diamonds in a convention sinkhole wouldn't be the way to catch them.

pew pew pew

#6 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:18 AM

I'll find a way somewhere :)

Convention sinkholes seem to be all the rage at B&H Usually :D

I guess they are out of fashion :)

#7 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:38 AM

Conventions give equipment rewards, energy and the shows themselves give some notes and experience.  But...

Equipment is always temporary. No matter how good it is now, in a few levels you will be replacing it.

You pay an exorbitant amount of time for the energy gained

The shows pay like crap compared to using energy on normal missions

Conclusion: The rate of return for conventions is poor.

If you have nothing else to do with your cash, spending it on conventions at least keeps you gaining. But there is literally NOTHING less cost effective than a convention.

• Donatela, uliana and BigBadWolf like this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#8 Donatela

Donatela

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHolland
  • Character:Donatela
  • Studio:Bros and Hoes

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:11 AM

Buying 800 shows and "dropping" 10k + diamonds to gain that result is really something to be proud off and need to be advertise on the forum. That will earn you lots of respect on uk2.

You bought diamonds from your allowance ... big friggin deal.

Reason for this post ... Guess some ppl need to get their facts straight before calling players or studio's BY NAME in forum or otherwise. And Bros and Hoes never won a convention temple. 

Indeed we have a couple of players that doesn't mind spending a few diamonds on the studio now and then. Ali isnt one of them.

Bros and Hoes keep them diamonds in their pockets this convention.

Nothing to do with being old fashion ... only about being smart.

This is the 64th temple ....  Convention ones held during temple 3,10,22,28,38,41,45,57,61 and 64 (current)

We got 3 of them in the last 7 weeks with a nice diamond sales to go along with those. 

Good for you BBE ... hope the xmass bonuses are phat this year ! 

Anyway ... Happy holidays y'all

Ow ... the topic was about lagging your ass off during conventions ... 

Don't have any problem with that ... game runs like a charm on laptop and mobile phone. 

Maybe getting better internet or switching provider will help. Just saying .... 

Edited by Donatela, 22 December 2017 - 09:37 AM.

• uliana and dparadise like this

Dona2017.gif

#9 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:00 AM

Ow ... the topic was about lagging your ass off during conventions ... 

Don't have any problem with that ... game runs like a charm on laptop and mobile phone. 

Maybe getting better internet or switching provider will help. Just saying .... 

Not just me and not just during conventions - although personally thats the only reason it concerned me-  its across the game and it not the isp, multiple players are reporting the same problem. Having said that, I am in Asia-pacific so there may be a degree of latency but it hasn't been there all year and is quite noticeable now.

#10 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:14 AM

Buying 800 shows and "dropping" 10k + diamonds to gain that result is really something to be proud off and need to be advertise on the forum. That will earn you lots of respect on uk2.

You bought diamonds from your allowance ... big friggin deal.

Reason for this post ... Guess some ppl need to get their facts straight before calling players or studio's BY NAME in forum or otherwise. And Bros and Hoes never won a convention temple. 

I wasn't showing off anything, merely stating why it concerned me that a slower than usual performance in server response concerned me, after all, the idiots that waste diamonds on convention temples are the ones BBE value for their phat christmas bonuses.

I also wasn't implying Analis was one of the ones who was an idiot and wasted diamonds on these things, merely observing the player as one to be considered worthy of setting as a benchmark to reach before becoming competitive on the server - respect 

As for getting my facts straight - every other studio in UK2 has sat back and watched B&H and d30 drop diamonds like water during convention temples for months, sat back and laughed mostly, so you cant tell me you guys aren't playing that game, the fact you haven't won any really doesn't justify anything other than that d30 did it better.

• uliana likes this

#11 Donatela

Donatela

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHolland
  • Character:Donatela
  • Studio:Bros and Hoes

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:35 AM

I'm glad we made you laugh 

• BigBadWolf likes this

Dona2017.gif

#12 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 22 December 2017 - 13:10 PM

I am glad that got resolved without fisticuffs.  LOL

SqMwaV5.gif

Back to the original subject: I have noted that Flash is the cause of many slowdowns similar to what you describe, BBW. It's an ancient and decaying platform that loses resources constantly, so your session gets more and more bloated. If you tend to leave your browser open and running BBE for long periods of time, every so often you need to clear your cache and restart your browser.

I am not saying there aren't bandwidth problems, but if Flash is the problem, more bandwidth won't help.

• BigBadWolf likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#13 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 22 December 2017 - 15:11 PM

The best way to catch up with someone is to join their studio. Then you can talk to them every day ;) Otherwise, the person you're trying to catch would have to either quit playing or take a long hiatus or slow way down for some reason. 

I have the lag you describe at times. Sometimes worse than other times. I just figured it's because I play too many stars for my own good and have too many instances of the game going. A couple days ago it was quite bad for about an hour. I couldn't say for sure if it wasn't something on my end. It's not been often enough to make me think it as the game acting up. My thoughts were more along the lines of ISPs and matters of concern for people on the internet in general

• Analis likes this

Just a casual now

#14 dparadise

dparadise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationBreda
  • Character:Dparadise
  • Studio:Angels & Sinners

Posted 25 December 2017 - 23:03 PM

I wasn't showing off anything, merely stating why it concerned me that a slower than usual performance in server response concerned me, after all, the idiots that waste diamonds on convention temples are the ones BBE value for their phat christmas bonuses.

I also wasn't implying Analis was one of the ones who was an idiot and wasted diamonds on these things, merely observing the player as one to be considered worthy of setting as a benchmark to reach before becoming competitive on the server - respect 

As for getting my facts straight - every other studio in UK2 has sat back and watched B&H and d30 drop diamonds like water during convention temples for months, sat back and laughed mostly, so you cant tell me you guys aren't playing that game, the fact you haven't won any really doesn't justify anything other than that d30 did it better.

Quoted from your own post in the convention topic: Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:50 AM

Wow, are you kidding me - ANOTHER Convention temple ???

Our Studio Boss reflected the view of our entire studio and, I suspect the server, We just got studio mail.

Summary,

Thats it I've had enough of this, no player is required to do temple this week, I wont be either.

No one can be expected to have the time it takes to compete in this temple over the week of Christmas

Thanks for ruining Christmas in another diamond grab. #PlayataGrinch

Irritated, BBW

Yet now you're boasting about spending all your xmas allowance on pushing 600 shows and using 50euro to do so... Proven: Hypocrit. But at least glad we made you laugh all those months, right now we are sitting back, having fun and a beer, laughing back at you  :)

Edit: fixed the quotes up a bit.

Edited by dparadise, 25 December 2017 - 23:05 PM.

• uliana likes this
Happy Holidays. Wishing you all a happy, healthy and amazing 2021!

#15 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 25 December 2017 - 23:25 PM

ROUND II  - -  FIGHT

Actually, let's bring it on back to the civil respect for each other this board deserves.

No more nickering / bickering or we may need to shut this thread down...

Review of the facts:

ROUND I

• Some players are experiencing lag in general.
  • Not everyone is experiencing lag, especially on laptop and mobile.
  • Internet Service Provider could be the culprit.
  • The game itself could be the culprit.

ROUND II

• Conventions got in the mix when trying to figure if lag could cost someone a win.
  • Some snowballs where thrown in the general direction of spending diamonds.
  • A player's name was mentioned, but not in the context thought to be mentioned...
  • More snowballs were thrown, some hypocritical statements got called out...

And here we are asking to halt the escalation before we get to WORLD WAR ROUND III, nuclear armament.  There are no winners, only a loser thread in the making.  Don't be a loser.  Rise above. (smug)

Merry Christmas to all and to all no more fight.

-TB (flower)

• uliana likes this

#16 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 23:48 PM

Merry Christmas to all and to all no more fight.

-TB (flower)

Merry Christmas TB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users