• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe Isle of drublic
  • World:UK2
  • Character:BigBadWolf
  • Studio:The Pirate Alliance

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:09 AM

Studios are meant to be vibrant fun hubs of activity for players to join together and share their experiences in the game and have some fun at the same time.

There are many, many studios that are actually closer to mausoleums, where stagnant rotting seeps from members long since gone on to other things than playing the game, contaminating the otherwise potentially active happy fun filled members with a sense of impending death.

[Quick Shameless Plug for Cloud 69 :D]

This is not the case in our studio as we maintain an active current list of players

The reason for these members being kept in the studio is simple. They reached a higher level than most of the current active players and are kept in the studio for the studio fights, where the studio uses body doubles to resurrect the stats of the player for the fight. The player has neither checked in for the fight, nor been active other than to log in to prevent account deletion, and yet sits in combat in all their former glory for the studio.

While I am sure the original concept was to allow a team to adjust for the occasional missed check in from real life activity, the constant abuse of the system to maintain studios at an advantage, makes me consider how healthy this is for the game overall.

I think players should suffer the consequences of not attending fight check ins.

The full penalties applied to players who are in teams not using body doubles to impersonate a competitive player group is fair and just.

The option to bypass such penalty is, imho, not conducive to a healthy game environment.

I call for the body double option to either be scrapped completely or only be available to revive players who last logged in within 24-48 hours

• uliana likes this

#2 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:22 AM

I will pass this suggestion along, but it will not be the first time this concern has been raised. Body doubles have been controversial since the day they were introduced. Given that they would seem to be quite lucrative, I do not expect any changes to the status quo.

My personal view is that this is a self-correcting problem, anyway. A studio which does not purge inactive players will eventually cease to be competitive. Other studios will reap the rewards of active growing players, will win temples and big bang awards, and will eventually catch up. But long before that happens, the studio with the inactive members tends to break up. The active players in that studio go somewhere else, where there are people to talk to. It might take a while, but i have seen it happen multiple times.

• DildoKing, Analis, uliana and 2 others like this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#3 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 20 December 2017 - 18:28 PM

Could limit or change them somehow.

Here's a thought...

Instead of having them shore up the missing player's stats to full, as if they were actually there, do something like 75% stat so that there's a bit of a penalty but not as much as not reporting.....AND put the actual blow-up doll in the fight instead of the player. :D That way, it's obvious to the other team and hopefully somewhat of a minor embarrassment to the team using them

• CaitlinCumgusher and BigBadWolf like this

Just a casual now

#4 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 20 December 2017 - 18:33 PM

and it should graphically show that it's losing air :P

• CaitlinCumgusher likes this

Just a casual now

#5 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe Isle of drublic
  • Character:BigBadWolf
  • Studio:The Pirate Alliance

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:35 AM

ED : I love it :)

• Eileendover likes this

#6 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 22 December 2017 - 15:14 PM

and how embarrassing would it be to get beat by a studio that was using several of them, lol

Just a casual now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users