• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 StarBright

StarBright

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:48 AM

The new Temple where you have to successfully complete Conventions started over 4 hours ago. Where are the Coventions? Why are they not having them more often since they made them apart of this weeks Temple??

#2 lozenges

lozenges

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:12 AM

Hoping that Conventions will held more often. I have jobs,works and duties to do in real world. I can't stroke & trace for these in all day, all night long. So that up to your trace and lucky to play in time of conventions held.

I just spend

#3 magwy04

magwy04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • World:UK1
  • Character:Magwy
  • Studio:Digital Playground XXX

Posted 20 October 2016 - 21:24 PM

Yeah....kinda getting ridiculous.  It's been almost a full day and haven't seen a single convention yet....

#4 Gigi71

Gigi71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 22:52 PM

Again, I hate being negative. I don't have a nice way to put it. I'm sorry but it seems silly and a bit worthless to compete for something (points doing conventions) that rarely, or almost never happens. It's a bit frustrating.

Also, another concern I have is that many players cannot afford diamonds. Players who can afford to buy and use diamonds can easily get massive amounts of points, giving them a clear advantage. Maybe during this week, no points given for those who use diamonds to finish immediately.
  • DildoKing, ivorbigun and Blackcat like this

#5 Gigi71

Gigi71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 22:54 PM

By the way, I am one who doesn't mind using diamonds for things in the game. I am just saying here that I'm willing to forfeit my advantage.

#6 Maalena

Maalena

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationChain of Craters
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Maalena
  • Studio:Burning Girls

Posted 20 October 2016 - 23:07 PM

The conventions have always been random missions. A " Glad I was online event", as with all temple competitions some studio's will excel and others will fail. Each Temple Quests will be a challenge for all but  easier for others.

A player who is only online for 1 hour and  advances through all his energy will not see as many conventions as a person who is online 18 hours each day slowly consuming all energy.  

Some players enjoyed the Film challenge while others (maybe they are not big film makers) felt forced to make films. The key to the temple challenges in my opinion is  a well rounded studio player, not getting frustrated because of one aspect of the game, and remembering that a new challenge is only a few days away.

Each studio's strength and weakness will be highlighted during these challenges.  

Posted Image

#7 magwy04

magwy04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Character:Magwy
  • Studio:Digital Playground XXX

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:11 AM

Totally agree with you Maalena.  I know you have nothing to do with when they appear, but it's been more than a day and still none.  Just seems weird to me that they wouldn't have at least one a day.  But oh well I guess.  I suppose this week there will only be a couple of teams that make the 3000 points to become eligible.  Hopefully next week it's something better.  

• DildoKing likes this

#8 Maalena

Maalena

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:02 AM

I have experienced 1 convention. It was 6 hours after reset. I was able to complete 14 shows and as GIGI71 stated, the winner of the convention  won with 185 shows. I received 240 Temple Points (math was off) and I went and did another mission like everyday.

I can only play my game and not be overly concerned with one aspect of the game. This is new aspect of the game and as with all development it will need some refinement.  If we stay positive and find suggestions that will improve the Temple we will have a better game.

• Gigi71 likes this
Posted Image

#9 Shantsu

Shantsu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Character:Shantsu
  • Studio:Striped Pantsu

Posted 21 October 2016 - 15:40 PM

I see now the first convention since this week's task started.. and it's in Beverly Humps.

I think this is really unfair towards the lower ranked members. If you want to give an equal opportunity, all conventions during this task should be held in Telleville.

There is already a gap between highly active studios and others... I don't think it's wise to add this much disadvantage.

Edited by Shantsu, 21 October 2016 - 16:00 PM.

• FunkBunny, Fingerman, DildoKing and 2 others like this

#10 StarBright

StarBright

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 16:57 PM

The conventions have always been random missions. A " Glad I was online event", as with all temple competitions some studio's will excel and others will fail. Each Temple Quests will be a challenge for all but  easier for others.

A player who is only online for 1 hour and  advances through all his energy will not see as many conventions as a person who is online 18 hours each day slowly consuming all energy.  

Some players enjoyed the Film challenge while others (maybe they are not big film makers) felt forced to make films. The key to the temple challenges in my opinion is  a well rounded studio player, not getting frustrated because of one aspect of the game, and remembering that a new challenge is only a few days away.

Each studio's strength and weakness will be highlighted during these challenges.  

Like my studio only 5 people who can compete in beverly humps and striped pantsu having almost 30 people who can compete. A challange is one thing but stacking the deck on purpose is bogus and it is my opinion that that is exactly what the Devs of this game have done.

• DildoKing and Shantsu like this

#11 DanielaPurple

DanielaPurple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPolombia (AKA Colombia)
  • Character:DanielaPurple
  • Studio:Tragically Malicious

Posted 21 October 2016 - 18:41 PM

I attend the convention they do like 4 hours after the reset. I spend like 14 hours yesterday online and no conventions. Dont have sense this temple task if they dont make conventions.

#12 Maalena

Maalena

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 20:25 PM

We don't need Negative Nancy.  We need more Positive Paul's

Here are some positives.

Many people have returned to playing the game and studio's are growing again.

The Temple gives studio's a chance to Win Diamonds and further expand the studio.

Solo players are now encouraged more than ever to join a studio and be part of the Temple Competition.

The Temple is encouraging in studio competition and allows players who are not high in level be top of the studio rank list.

Chat rooms are less dark because players are talking and asking questions and we learn more about the game.

Here are some suggestions.

Allow the Studio Boss to award won Temple Diamonds to players as personal rewards.This will encourage more participation.

For a  Temple Quest doing conventions give us a schedule we can use such as Santo Rocco Wed between 1100 and 1300 hrs.

Let's not burn the Temple down before we have a chance  to make it shine. PLEASE, Lets find some good solutions to the issues we see in this new part of the game.

More Conventions is a good suggestion

• DildoKing likes this
Posted Image

#13 Shantsu

Shantsu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Character:Shantsu

Posted 21 October 2016 - 21:17 PM

No offense but it has nothing to do with negativity. On the contrary I think it's a reasonable suggestion.

I have said it before and I still insist that the Temple of Unfulfilled Desires is a great addition to the game.

But regardless of the growth or level of activity of studio, any members should be on equal field on a personal level to be able to contribute.

For example :

- Movies > available to all
- Time missions > available to all

- Conventions > available to all unless your level hasn't unlocked the needed location.
Today's convention was held in Beverly Humps, which is only available to members above level 200 (=154 members only on UK1)

Which is why, at least during the task, they should take the measures necessary so that every member can have the opportunity to participate on all conventions.

I do think it's a valid suggestion.

Edited by Shantsu, 21 October 2016 - 21:18 PM.

• Fingerman, DildoKing, ivorbigun and 1 other like this

#14 IceyAngels

IceyAngels

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Character:IceyAngels

Posted 21 October 2016 - 21:36 PM

We don't need Negative Nancy.  We need more Positive Paul's

Here are some positives.

Many people have returned to playing the game and studio's are growing again.

The Temple gives studio's a chance to Win Diamonds and further expand the studio.

Solo players are now encouraged more than ever to join a studio and be part of the Temple Competition.

The Temple is encouraging in studio competition and allows players who are not high in level be top of the studio rank list.

Chat rooms are less dark because players are talking and asking questions and we learn more about the game.

Here are some suggestions.

Allow the Studio Boss to award won Temple Diamonds to players as personal rewards.This will encourage more participation.

For a  Temple Quest doing conventions give us a schedule we can use such as Santo Rocco Wed between 1100 and 1300 hrs.

Let's not burn the Temple down before we have a chance  to make it shine. PLEASE, Lets find some good solutions to the issues we see in this new part of the game.

More Conventions is a good suggestion

I think Shantsu had a great suggestion, she was looking out for ALL players in the game.  Suggesting that it be an equal playing field for all players.  I love the new temple quests.  As for conventions, I am in Western Canada so I miss a lot of them.  I am okay with that.  But if ALL players can't participate, then it was suggested to put a convention where ALL can, in a lower level area. 

• DildoKing, Shantsu and Maalena like this

#15 Maalena

Maalena

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 22:58 PM

Shantsu has made some very good points.  Thank you.

Posted Image

#16 Chaliba

Chaliba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationnetherlands
  • Character:Chaliba
  • Studio:Devious Angels

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:29 AM

al thought i do agree it is ridiculous to make conventions connected to temple since they extremely rare i don't think we can do anything about it and should just accept it i lost hope for this weeks temple already and looking forward for next one and i do have a active studio but even that is not enough for this weeks temple so yeah like i said i have not much hope and i wonder if actually any studio gone get a ranking beside the spenders.

i am now lvl 98 i did only see 4 or 5 convention in all the time i play while i am almost online 16 hours a day most of the time and i think some where when i sleep cause usually i hear from others they are then but what is more ridiculous in server time it is middle of the night many times when they do happen and for me that is also in middle of the night.

so my suggestion is just put conventions during the day more then during the night i do not need them more often even if it means not getting in ranking for temple i mean so be it soon will be another temple anyway and we won't die from not getting a ranking before temple we could not get free gems for studio anyway and well the skill points yeah are nice but it won't make such a big difference so can live 1 week with out them but i mean most sleep at night unless you are a vampire lol so makes more sense to put them at least during normal times.

• DildoKing likes this

#17 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 22 October 2016 - 20:00 PM

Hey Maal!  Nice to see you doing Mod work these days.  I hope it finds you well.

Tara's Take

Okay, so here's my take on Conventions (in general), and this has nothing to do with the general malaise that is this week's failed Temple challenge.

It's fine that conventions are random.  Keep the random times, and even the random locations... but WHY(?!) are these extra events unknown until they happen?  If you are fortunate enough to be online when they start, quite often you only know when a convention happens because it's already started and you are alerted when coming out of a Party or more than likely coming out of the last active Mission.

Conventions are a great metaphor for reward.  You have best of show, record of shows, and Top-10 gifts.  But the implementation of hiding the start times is flawed. You wouldn't go to a birthday party if you didn't know when it was going to start, so why are we doing this here?

SUGGESTION: ADD A START-TIMER COUNTDOWN

The game devs have made some awesome strides on the Parties and Mission game screen.  Let's continue with the awesomeness and add a "Convention Start-Timer Countdown",  It can be placed near the location of the next scheduled site (which means it will not be visible if a player has not reached that level - I know, I can hear the groans already, sorry about that), but this way players can schedule their time to be back in time to "show off" for the convention.  (If they choose to do so.)  When the convention begins, the timer can change to the expected End-Timer Countdown.

Unless there is some compelling reason to keep the start time of a convention a big mystery, let's stop with the charade of not knowing when it's going to happen, and let's put it out in the open with a countdown timer for all to see (again unless the location is locked).

That's my take and suggestion,

Tara

PS: If this feature already exists, I apologize, I have not seen it.

Edited by TaraBing, 22 October 2016 - 20:15 PM.

• AngelicaSynn, DildoKing, Maalena and 1 other like this

#18 Maalena

Maalena

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 21:11 PM

SUGGESTION: ADD A START-TIMER COUNTDOWN

The game devs have made some awesome strides on the Parties and Mission game screen.  Let's continue with the awesomeness and add a "Convention Start-Timer Countdown",  It can be placed near the location of the next scheduled site (which means it will not be visible if a player has not reached that level - I know, I can hear the groans already, sorry about that), but this way players can schedule their time to be back in time to "show off" for the convention.  (If they choose to do so.)  When the convention begins, the timer can change to the expected End-Timer Countdown.

This is the best suggestion I have read to improve the Temple for all players. Thank You.

The Metaphor :

Hey Maal!  Nice to see you doing Mod work these days.  I hope it finds you well.

Conventions are a great metaphor for reward.  You have best of show, record of shows, and Top-10 gifts.  But the implementation of hiding the start times is flawed. You wouldn't go to a birthday party if you didn't know when it was going to start, so why are we doing this here?

The party invitation is such a perfect thought.  We get messages for new player requests and free diamonds, perhaps a Invitation to the convention would be a cute idea for time notification.

Your Idea about a countdown clock would be what I think to be the easiest remedy. A small icon/emoji with a countdown clock is genius.

I am enjoying the Moderating, but missing my Pillow. Thanks for the best wishes. 

• DildoKing likes this
Posted Image

#19 DildoKing

DildoKing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationCaribou, Maine, USA
  • Character:DildoKing
  • Studio:Erotic Dreams

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:17 PM

I think this week's Temple event is a resounding failure. We have only 3 days left in the event and so far on UK1 only 1 studio is in the ranking and on UK2 only 2 studios have made the ranking. Conventions should have been held far more frequently and should have started right away.  :(

f0A0Ck5.png

#20 Maalena

Maalena

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:27 PM

Yeah, it is many shows needed to complete just to be on the rank board. UK2 convention going now but still only 2 studio's rank.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users