• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • World:UK1
  • Character:SindyXtreme
  • Studio:GoGoDanzin

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:32 AM

Who else is  just tired of really long film titles that cover your entire face on film covers?

zvQS8q5.png

#2 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • Character:Kaitee
  • Studio:GIRLS BRAVO STUDIOS

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:06 AM

Yeah that can be a nuisance.  Usually I ignore them, I try not to spend diamonds on film covers since you never really know why people will vote for one or the other anyway - if the cover looks good otherwise I'll switch the title to one of the plainer notes options to get it out of the way, but usually I just wait for a really good cover, with a special co-star and special layout design, to spawn naturally, and then use that for the week.  Once I've got my 'perfect' cover for a week the others can look as awful as they want since nobody will see them anyway  ;)

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#3 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:56 AM

Yeah that can be a nuisance.  Usually I ignore them, I try not to spend diamonds on film covers since you never really know why people will vote for one or the other anyway - if the cover looks good otherwise I'll switch the title to one of the plainer notes options to get it out of the way, but usually I just wait for a really good cover, with a special co-star and special layout design, to spawn naturally, and then use that for the week.  Once I've got my 'perfect' cover for a week the others can look as awful as they want since nobody will see them anyway  ;)

I like my covers to look good.

I see them and I'm a bit of a perfectionist I guess. 

zvQS8q5.png

#4 Gigi71

Gigi71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 21:56 PM

I don't waste a lot of time, notes or diamonds on most of my films. I can usually tell if a film has some potential. During the week, those few that have potential are the films I will fuss over. I like to use notes and sometimes diamonds to change the look. I do not like titles covering up important "parts" of the cover so I either change the layout so the title is in a different spot or the cleavage. I've commented before how badly the stock titles need a little updating and refreshing.

#5 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:22 AM

Well, I like my films and I want my covers to look good and I hate it when I've got a really long title covering my face or whatever, if others couldn't care less about there films then that's your choice, I'm just looking for a resolution here. 

zvQS8q5.png

#6 Gigi71

Gigi71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:27 AM

I care about the few I plan to consider submitting to the Big Bang Awards. As I said, I am willing to spend notes to do any number of things like change the layout, or the cleavage so it doesn't block anything important. I have had a film or two that I thought looked great and I decided to spend diamonds to get a new title or create my own. But I try to avoid doing that. I certainly didn't want to imply I don't care about any of them. I just don't make a fuss if I'm not submitting it.

#7 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:36 AM

I care about the few I plan to consider submitting to the Big Bang Awards. As I said, I am willing to spend notes to do any number of things like change the layout, or the cleavage so it doesn't block anything important. I have had a film or two that I thought looked great and I decided to spend diamonds to get a new title or create my own. But I try to avoid doing that. I certainly didn't want to imply I don't care about any of them. I just don't make a fuss if I'm not submitting it.

I take more time on some than I do others but I'm over the long film titles getting in the way.

zvQS8q5.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Films, Titles, Layout

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users