4 replies to this topic

#1 Valtessa

Valtessa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • World:UK1

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:05 AM

How exactly does the game decide what patterns are available in the sewing machine?

I have items I wore once below level 10 and sold ages ago that are shown as available patterns, and other items that I've worn for a fair numbers of levels, are still in my inventory, but never show up as available patterns. I believe there's some correlation between item rarity (common/rare/epic) of both the original and target item, and possibly original source (drop/notes/diamonds), but I haven't figured it all out yet.

Could anyone help me / point to a guide I've missed?

Suggestion: a future feature that would get use from me would be when dropping an item into the sewing machine, a button appeared somewhere (maybe change one of the purple bars?) that for some cost in diamonds destroyed the item but unlocked the pattern for future use.

• AngelicaSynn and Becky Lynch like this

#2 Kurana

Kurana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Kurana
  • Studio:Tragically Malicious

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:06 AM

Common items can only be sewn into common item patterns, rare into common or rare pattern, and epic into any pattern. I don't know if you have to have worn the item to get it available for future use (I've heard that said, but I'm not sure). Just to make sure I always put it on, if only to immediately take it off and sell it.

The available patterns are always the same collection of unlocked items (depending on whether the item is common, rare, or epic). If you want to check your patterns, just drag an epic item there and you will see all the available patterns you have unlocked for that item type.

Edited by Kurana, 24 June 2016 - 05:06 AM.

#3 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • World:UK1

Posted 24 June 2016 - 16:48 PM

As Kurana thought, you have to actually have worn the item at least once.

The really great looking pieces, I save in my vault, just in case.

APFXkym.png   

also BenDover on UK2

#4 Kurana

Kurana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Character:Kurana
  • Studio:Tragically Malicious

Posted 24 June 2016 - 23:37 PM

As an extra precaution, you could always keep a spare epic item of each of the nine item types to use as a testing tool to see that you have properly saved a new pattern. i occasionally check to make sure, although I don't use the sewing machine that often anymore.

#5 Becky Lynch

Becky Lynch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Character:BeckyLynch.
  • Studio:Champagne Room

Posted 01 July 2016 - 05:55 AM

Suggestion: a future feature that would get use from me would be when dropping an item into the sewing machine, a button appeared somewhere (maybe change one of the purple bars?) that for some cost in diamonds destroyed the item but unlocked the pattern for future use.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will be sure to pass it along. :)

• AngelicaSynn likes this

Posted Image

Straight Fire!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users