• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Baritoboy
  • Studio:Cloud 69

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:38 AM

I assume we will all have some kind of opinions...

Here is somewhere to express yours :)

My initial reaction is mixed.

There was no mention in patch notes about limiting selection of your films to one title.

Limit on titles entered in itself is a good thing - there were too many titles up for contention.

What I consider less of a good thing is,

selecting your title only gives a percentage chance

of you actually running with that title in the awards?

Why? There is no reason for this that I can see...

Perhaps I missed something - Anyone work out why they would do this?

In regards to the move toward larger titles displayed for selection - while aesthetically this is ok,

the larger titles delay the load time of screen. I just clicked the vote without it loading because it took too long to load - something I would rather not do in this but well, I am on the clock too...

Previously, an occasional title might take a while longer than the other to load.

Now they both take longer by quite a while - my network gets hit hard some days

so I am able to see the difference.

So my summary is that there have been some small changes toward the positive on the voting system, 

the vote overload on the original process was noticed, and some steps taken to fixing this...

They will need to look at how they removed the votes from the film creation area, as the votes still display as reward items in the films mission description, probably adjusting the experience and note rewards if present still also, the reward is just not given at the completion.

The Filter and co-stars are nice additions, I'd like to limit the selection of co-stars by gender as I do not like seeing the barito posing with other guys. I am fairly certain I wouldn't be the only one with that opinion.

Was there any Filter options that didn't cost diamonds to implement? I didn't notice any?

Well, that is my first look reaction - let us hear yours....

q6Kt5lS.png

Have You Eaten a Barito Lately?

#2 Becky Lynch

Becky Lynch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Character:BeckyLynch.
  • Studio:Champagne Room

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

Let's Keep all of our feedback in one topic about the most recent update.

Posted Image

Straight Fire!!

#3 Jaymcr

Jaymcr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • World:UK1
  • Character:Jaymcr
  • Studio:Hells Sex Dolls

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

i think the larger film view is fantastic, really lets us see the effort people have made better! (i didn't have any long waiting time for pictures to load)

bringing back the option of knowing you are voting for a fellow studio member *thumbs up for that*

the new *supporting actor* in the film covers is so amusing to me lol, i LOVE it.  was kinda hoping when i read about "supporting actor"  in the changes that it meant we could add another  player to be in the film with you but this is good all the same :) 

u2LhTW4.png

• BaritoBoy likes this

u2LhTW4.png

#4 Navrim

Navrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 13:26 PM

Hello from Germany (wave)

Here are some important sidenotes for you, we directly got from our mods in the german forum:

• Ballots cannot be found in film missions anymore.
• Ballots can only be found one at a time and bring you directly to the voting system.

This change will go live on next monday.

Right now its inactive, since the devs didn't want to affect the actual voting, which has already begun.

Limit on titles entered in itself is a good thing - there were too many titles up for contention.

What I consider less of a good thing is,

selecting your title only gives a percentage chance

of you actually running with that title in the awards?

Why? There is no reason for this that I can see...

Perhaps I missed something - Anyone work out why they would do this?

This one title you choose will be the only title participating in the awards.

All other films you made in that week won't show up for the voting.

But each film you make in that week will increase the percentage chance of your choosen title to pop up in the voting.

The more films you make in that voting week, the higher will be the percentage chance for your choosen film to show up in the voting.

So diligent movie makers now actually get rewarded by increasing the chance of the choosen film to pop up in the voting.

• AngelicaSynn and BaritoBoy like this

#5 lace8

lace8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 15:36 PM

changes in the voting system are a small step in the right direction. but we still need more options in producing the movie ie: backgrounds,layout,boarder.... etc.

also 

the first vote I cast in the new voting system was for a junk movie. just because it was the best of two.. 

give us more choices!

4 choices would be much better.

• BaritoBoy likes this

#6 DildoKing

DildoKing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationCaribou, Maine, USA
  • Character:DildoKing
  • Studio:Erotic Dreams

Posted 08 March 2016 - 16:37 PM

I am really pleased with the recent changes to the films and voting system. The devs have done a great job at listening to our suggestions. I look forward to seeing what is next.

• FunkBunny and BaritoBoy like this

f0A0Ck5.png

#7 DildoKing

DildoKing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationCaribou, Maine, USA
  • Character:DildoKing
  • Studio:Erotic Dreams

Posted 08 March 2016 - 16:59 PM

changes in the voting system are a small step in the right direction. but we still need more options in producing the movie ie: backgrounds,layout,boarder.... etc.

also 

the first vote I cast in the new voting system was for a junk movie. just because it was the best of two.. 

give us more choices!

4 choices would be much better.

I think that it would be too difficult to display 4 choices. It would require making the images of the film covers smaller whereas the new larger size is much better at helping make a choice.

f0A0Ck5.png

#8 Toren

Toren

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBaltimore MD USA
  • Character:Alysisa - US1 Server
  • Studio:HoneyCam - US1 Server

Posted 08 March 2016 - 22:17 PM

I'm a big fan of the new cover options. I would like more choices when voting. I think the star and studio names need to come back.

I think being able to select a single movie to enter into the awards with other movies increasing the chances of it being seen is one of the best things they could have done to the awards.

Alysisa - HoneyCam Studio - US1 Server

#9 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • Character:Kaitee
  • Studio:GIRLS BRAVO STUDIOS

Posted 08 March 2016 - 22:27 PM

Thanks for the extra info Navrim, I was wondering about those things (inlove)

I love this update, the new system for choosing one film per week and the others boosting its chances, that's a great idea. Larger covers are good as well, and the new options are great, especially the co-star options.  (Speaking of co-star, had an idea just this morning: don't know whether it'd be difficult to do, but I was thinking it'd be cool if when you're in a studio, your fellow studio members could appear as co-stars, in addition to the general co-stars there are at the moment. Just in whatever they're wearing at the time you make the movie.)

And of course, it's wonderful to be able to (knowingly) vote for studio members again, I had a big Yay when I saw that pop up.

So kudos all around, big hugs to all the devs  (hug)

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#10 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • Character:SindyXtreme
  • Studio:GoGoDanzin

Posted 08 March 2016 - 23:43 PM

We can only vote for one film per week?

So where are the ballots now?

And not all films are up for voting on?

New covers and co stars sounds great.

I wonder what the diamond cost will be.

A bit lost as to how the whole voting system works now.

Edited by SindyXtreme, 08 March 2016 - 23:47 PM.

zvQS8q5.png

#11 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 09 March 2016 - 00:26 AM

I just voted and the ballots were in missions and I voted exactly the same way as before so what's going on?

• Toren likes this

zvQS8q5.png

#12 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:46 AM

Any answers?

zvQS8q5.png

#13 Navrim

Navrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:52 AM

We can only vote for one film per week?

Only one of your films will participate in the awards. You may choose on your own which film that will be.

You can do that in the film making screen...the ballot box that used to be there is gone and replaced with a similiar looking box.

Click this box and you will be able to choose that one participating film out of all films you did that week.

And not all films are up for voting on?

Exactly, only your one choosen film will be up on the voting (1 film per player each week).

But all the other films you do in that week will increase the chance of your choosen film to pop up in the voting more often.

So where are the ballots now?

Right now you can still find the ballot box in the mission screen.

I just voted and the ballots were in missions and I voted exactly the same way as before so what's going on?

The following changes to the voting:

• Ballots cannot be found in film missions anymore.
• Ballots can only be found one at a time and bring you directly to the voting system.

will go live on next monday.

Right now they are inactive, since the devs didn't want to affect the actual voting, which has already begun.

• SindyXtreme and BaritoBoy like this

#14 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:55 AM

Thank you Navrim for your answers, you have been very helpful. 

zvQS8q5.png

#15 BaritoBoy

BaritoBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia
  • Character:Baritoboy
  • Studio:Cloud 69

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:39 AM

I think that it would be too difficult to display 4 choices. It would require making the images of the film covers smaller whereas the new larger size is much better at helping make a choice.

They have already got the solution on how to displaying 4 covers on a page - and still be able to view at the larger size...

Click on any studio and click the Films History of studio.

If a coding change is not possible for displaying 4 titles, perhaps NOT charging diamonds to get a couple other choices up would be a nice solution. Limit this for exploit - If not already showing a own-studio title in the 2 selectable for vote then limit refresh to choose 2 new titles that also do not have own-studio title option.

Special Thanks to Navrim for adding the reason for the chance to display title... Its actually a really nice system now that I know how it works... perhaps some little tutorial on how the vote system works once it is finalised would be a nice idea.

Edited by BaritoBoy, 10 March 2016 - 09:47 AM.

• DildoKing likes this

q6Kt5lS.png

Have You Eaten a Barito Lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users