MacTK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • World:UK1
  • Character:MacTK
  • Studio:Fuck Inn

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:23 AM

So no we cant see who actually made the movie when voting?

There goes pretty much ALL the in game alliances.

I have to say that this one a is a bit of a balls up.

Posted by: KatetheSpanka
I am gonna merge this into a topic we have for opinions on this update so it makes it easier for the devs to gather our feedback.
:)

• Annefine likes this

Fuck_Inn.jpg

#2 StarBright

StarBright

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:32 AM

I know. I like knowing who I am voting for. Kind of takes away any point of paying 5 diamonds to refresh the ballot. Yet they did not take that away (crying2) :angry:

• Becky Lynch likes this

#3 Becky Lynch

Becky Lynch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • World:UK2
  • Character:BeckyLynch.
  • Studio:Champagne Room

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:15 AM

Personally I want to say thank you for the suits!! I finally get to be Wonder Woman!!  (inlove)

What do you all think about the recent update??

• Shimmer likes this

Posted Image

Straight Fire!!

#4 MacTK

MacTK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Character:MacTK
  • Studio:Fuck Inn

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:29 AM

The costume preview is great!

The superhero costume from the secret shop look great.

But the movie voting screen needs to be changed back to how it was.  like Starbright said, whats the point in refreshing? I personally don't see the point in even looking at the movies when voting.

• Jaymcr and BaritoBoy like this

Fuck_Inn.jpg

#5 TomB

TomB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Character:TomB
  • Studio:Fatal Distractions

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:58 AM

CHANGE BACK THE VOTING SCREEN!

The way it is now you might as well have random movie voting.  It is hard enough to remember your own 14 film titles, much less up to 500+ from your studio alone.  And sometimes two films have the same or near identical titles.

Most the upgrade changes are fine, but this one is NOT.  Please change it back as soon as possible.

• Hemlock, Becky Lynch and Annefine like this

#6 BaritoBoy

BaritoBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia
  • Character:Baritoboy
  • Studio:Cloud 69

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:45 PM

I thought I would take the effort to create an account for this forum to register my absolute dislike to the changes made to the voting system.

For all I know - I am now voting against my own film!

While I can understand you want the guys to vote on the Aesthetics of the Produced Cover, which actually does justify spending a little more time on the cover art, It absolutely and unequivocally destroys the value of Studio membership, I used to love letting the team know I had managed to get them an extra vote. And I would not vote for rival studios either - Why give a vote to a player of a team that just crumpled your latest epic shirt?

If you want the player name to be anonymous - I have no problem with that at all and think it gets the focus on design still, 

And I like being able to read the title instead of the players name...

But why not keep Produced By Studio as a displayed function ? I do not understand why you would remove it?

It detracts massively on the whole voting system. Prior to this update I used to intentionally gather votes to try and help my fellow studio members out. Now, I see no reason to even bother voting at all and will in most likelihood just accumulate votes and let them sit there and do noting with them ever.

There is my opinion - it was echoed by all members of my studio in chat, I would be surprised to see anyone who didn't empathize with this opinion.

• DildoKing, Becky Lynch, Shimmer and 1 other like this

q6Kt5lS.png

Have You Eaten a Barito Lately?

#7 Shimmer

Shimmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:53 PM

I liked knowing who I was voting for. As BaritoBoy said. It was nice telling your studio members that you voted for them. This takes the fun out of voting for me.

• Hemlock, DildoKing, Cheyenne and 3 others like this

#8 Feryn

Feryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Character:Feryn
  • Studio:Fallen Grace

Posted 16 February 2016 - 15:06 PM

I absolutely agree that this change takes an important social aspect away from this game.  Given the focus otherwise on competition between players and studios, it seems extremely counter-intuitive to not know for whom you're voting.  Having to go each time the the awards ranking list to see who the star and studio is behind each voting option would be frustrating, but it's the only option now available.  I think some way to identify the star and studio should definitely be included on the voting page.

Correction:  Checking the list doesn't help, either...you can't search by film title to find out who the star or studio is.  

Edited by Feryn, 16 February 2016 - 15:09 PM.

• Hemlock, DildoKing and Becky Lynch like this

#9 Navrim

Navrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 16:12 PM

Hello,

on the german forum of BBE there was a survey and a discussion about the voting system.

The majority of players wanted the voting to be anonymous.

The idea was to actually vote for the best cover and not just for studio mates or against members of a rivaling studio.

The awards were used for nepotism and the original idea of the awards, which is to elect the best cover, got in the background too much.

Of course some forum members, who took part in that discussion, didn't like the idea of an anonymous voting but the overwhelming majority wanted the awards to be fair for everyone.

Players in top studios for example, never had a chance to get into the top 100 best films, since most players didn't vote for these "top-players" (besides of studiomembers of the same studio) since they "already have so much benefits".

The result was that players of small studios and players without a studio were dominating the awards, simply because of grudge against players in top studios.

So the whole idea of an anonymous voting was not the idea of Playata.

It was a wish many players made and Playata just reacted to that wish.

On a sidenote:

The removal of film titles from the cover (at least in the voting screen) was a wish made by many players too.

Moreover the cover composition is a project Playata is working on at the moment.

It still may take some time but soon we will have much more options and creative freedom when creating the covers of our films.

And then all of us may just vote for a well done cover (whoever made it) and not just for a buddy whos cover looks poor but hey he's a buddy. ;)

So don't blame Playata...blame the german players! :D

But anyway..I really like the idea of an anonymous voting and i really like the whole update.

• Fingerman, DildoKing, Harry0rgan and 1 other like this

#10 BaritoBoy

BaritoBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 16:38 PM

So if i read this right, A bunch of top studio players in germany thought they weren't winning because of people being jealous...

So they all got together and complained about how they could rig the game so they could win by spending diamonds instead of using the system that was there....

And the developers saw the potential to make more diamonds so they went with it...

(on that - hands up who thinks 99 diamonds to rename a title is ridiculous)

Its such a random system that it wouldn't make a difference which studio they were from, its just that they spend diamonds on covers and didn't get the results they wanted because of the random selection.

I am in a top studio and not once have i thought oh no i didn't win because the little ones are picking on me....

pfft... that forum conversation must have been so biased.

• DildoKing, ChetKummer and Jaymcr like this

q6Kt5lS.png

#11 Navrim

Navrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 17:21 PM

Oh no that was just one example why the awards were not fair.

And I can ensure you that the converstaion was not biased, it was all about giving the same chances to everyone, getting rid of napotism and making the cover itself more important.

And players of small studios also took part in that discussion, so it was definatley not a rant of top studio players.

Heres a link to the discussion in the german forum of BBE:

http://forum.bigbang...oting-systems/

I you have the german skills to understand what is written there, you may come back and call this conversation biased.

Since right now you don't have the right to call this discussion biased without beeing biased your self.

But I actually only wanted to tell you, that this has not been Playatas idea.

It's a simple reaction of player feedback and wishes. But with decisions like this, you can't make everyone happy anyway.

Playata just decided to react to the feedback of the majority and they actually really asked for feedback before making these changes.

So don't blame Playata for trying to make the game more enjoyable and for listening to their players.

#12 BaritoBoy

BaritoBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 17:42 PM

So don't blame Playata for trying to make the game more enjoyable and for listening to their players.

Nothing wrong with trying. Lets see if they can realise they were wrong.

• lace8 likes this

q6Kt5lS.png

#13 Navrim

Navrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 18:08 PM

Nothing wrong with trying. Lets see if they can realise they were wrong.

If they are wrong or not, is something time will have to tell.

But I really hope Playata never will come to the conclusion that listening to their players is something wrong.

And moreover this was just the first step...the next step will be new options for cover composition.

Right now its a half-baked thing...the actual cover composition is just boring and leaves no chance for unique and interesting covers.

The devs are working to change that and maybe this will make the anonymous voting look more reasonable than it looks now.

But like I said, different players have different opinions. I like the the anonymous voting and you don't.

Theres no way of making both of us happy, I guess. :(

Edited by Navrim, 16 February 2016 - 18:11 PM.

• Fingerman likes this

#14 Becky Lynch

Becky Lynch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Character:BeckyLynch.
  • Studio:Champagne Room

Posted 16 February 2016 - 19:09 PM

Keep the feedback coming! :) 

Posted Image

Straight Fire!!

#15 Garm

Garm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Character:Garm
  • Studio:GString Enterprises

Posted 16 February 2016 - 19:23 PM

I prefer not knowing who I'm voting for, Covers should be judged by their own merit whether from a large studio or a small one.

I like the costume previews, that saves some time in the shop. It would be great if the preview worked with items in our storage tab or inventory as well. Wanda's Secret Shop... going to cost $$$of course, why not add a few things we can buy with notes??

I like that missions for successes are now easier to locate, I can toss the instruction book out now I guess

Edited by Garm, 16 February 2016 - 19:25 PM.

• Fingerman and Harry0rgan like this

#16 TegraSaotome

TegraSaotome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 19:52 PM

there are some players/studios i dont like/enimies with and i prefer to know im not voting for them and now i can easily vote against myself ... 2 negative strikes the only bonus i see  is that everyone can have a chance of truely winning  or ranking high

• Jaymcr likes this

#17 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • Character:Kaitee
  • Studio:GIRLS BRAVO STUDIOS

Posted 16 February 2016 - 22:37 PM

For what it's worth, I'm against the anonymous voting as well. I found voting for my studio friends and them voting for me gave a real feeling of team spirit, regardless of whether we voted enough for rewards or not (I rarely got any rewards, didn't bother me). Granted it had nothing to do with covers - TBH I often didn't even wait for them to load - so if that's the rationale behind this, then yeah, I get where it's coming from. I just feel the social aspect was more engaging.

So as not to be all negative though, the extra storage tabs, and being able to see which area a particular mission is located in, are both awesome.  (Also it wasn't this update, but sometime in the past few weeks the game suddenly became a whole lot smoother running on my clunky old laptop, so kudos to whoever did that.)

• Hemlock, ChetKummer, DragonFlamez and 2 others like this

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#18 BaritoBoy

BaritoBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 23:11 PM

I think it would be more interesting on the voting side - if your going to push the way it looks - rather than one on one for the selection, have people choose from 4 or 6 or even 8 covers, there are plenty of times when i really didn't want to vote for either of them because they were just plain ugly :)

If the focus is removed from the studio camaraderie in voting, then perhaps they can look at other ways to be able to develop that same sense of teamwork in the game play elsewhere. I know its present in studio fights but promotion of a stronger studio focus can only build a better community for the game.

I was also thinking - If the changes were implemented to deter from prejudice - It would not be hard to keep the system they have implemented with a slight modification to flag those instances where you are given the opportunity to vote for your own studio (or your own title). It could maintain anonymity for the situations where your studios produced efforts are not in the selection.

The selection of new special outfits is a nice option, but again I must observe the pricing to implement is a little steep, this is a game add on, not a standalone game - I have bought professionally produced fully fledged titles for less than the price of a costume in this game.

People would be more likely to spend more diamonds more often if they could see that it was going to make a substantial difference to their gaming experience for more than just a couple of hours. 

• Hemlock, lace8 and Annefine like this

q6Kt5lS.png

#19 Hemlock

Hemlock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Studio:Fatal Distractions

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:20 AM

I'm not normally one to participate in game forums, but I feel strongly enough about this issue that I've crawled out from the shadows.

Offering my own opinion, I preferred the ability to see players and studios on the films I was voting for.  It had importance to me for reasons that other players above have stated - team spirit, alliances, camaraderie and social aspects.  It was nice to vote for friends both within and without the studio, and to know they'd returned the favour.

I can see how the system was open to 'stacking' numbers up to a point, but given the apparently random nature of the two choices for each vote, I'm not sure it didn't 'balance out' in the long run.  I also resent not being able to know one of my own or a studio mate's film is up for voting; I can't remember the last five films I made let alone those last week.  Some alert that "It is one of our studio's" at least would be not be unfair (surely your own studio members should know their own studio's productions?)

Also, if players are to be encouraged to come up with cool covers and titles (including new options which undoubtedly cost a small fortune), a cheaper price would probably work better - I'm much more inclined to spend 5 diamonds or even 9 diamonds on a custom name or cover, repeatedly, than spend 99 once on a single cool name or cover for a single film that might tank.

Seconding previous posts, I think that you need to be able to consciously vote for your own or your own studio films; I think that having more choices than 2 per vote would be good; I think that I'd be more inclined to try to be cool, sexy or funny with film names if they were cheaper, and also probably spend more diamonds doing that in the long run. 

While perhaps straying O/T, I agree with BaritoBoy above saying "People would be more likely to spend more diamonds more often if they could see that it was going to make a substantial difference to their gaming experience for more than just a couple of hours."

Just my two cents.

• lace8, BaritoBoy, Annefine and 1 other like this

#20 Feryn

Feryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Character:Feryn
  • Studio:Fallen Grace

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:50 AM

Upon reflection, and on reading the responses in this thread, I can understand why the change was made...to an extent.  I still feel that removing the names and/or studios from the films does detract from the social aspect of the game somewhat.  I think it would definitely be useful to at least flag films from your own studio.  I've never seen one of my own films up for vote, so I don't have an opinion on the possibility of taking votes away from myself.  I've always tried to make my covers appealing, so more options will be welcome.

Also, I agree that lowering the price of a custom film title would be extremely beneficial.  I was extremely excited to see that option show up, until I saw how much a title cost.   

• Hemlock, FunkBunny and lace8 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users