• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • World:UK1
  • Character:Kaitee
  • Studio:GIRLS BRAVO STUDIOS

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:29 AM

He was a stuntman yeah, it wasn't a movie set but it was a stunt demonstration. And yes, you have guessed correctly! I was trying to be sneaky there and make two of them look related, so people would think, well, the other one is the odd one out, so maybe it's meant to look obvious and that's actually a trick... I confused myself now. I do indeed wear high heels, way more than I should. No cheap ones, and I've got special soles for my regular shoes to hopefully keep my feet from just falling to bits in a few years time... fingers crossed. Well I don't smoke and rarely drink, everyone's gotta have some vice, heels are mine.

You are the champion of espionage, your turn  (grin)

And for 'round one', nope, I really did memorise it - I was really young and just latched onto it completely and listened to nothing else for months. (Also whined until I got given her later albums too, but I dunno, they didn't have the same magic somehow, never got into them much.) The lie was that I do the City 2 Surf - I did it once, but not every year. Honestly the worst bit was getting back home afterwards, walking for a couple of hours is easy but then you and half a zillion people are all trying to get a bus back to the city all at once, it's a nightmare.)

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#22 Maalena

Maalena

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationChain of Craters
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Maalena
  • Studio:Burning Girls

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:09 AM

Tricksters the both of ya.   (silly)

Posted Image

#23 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 18:27 PM

I promise ya, Maal, that I'm not a trickster... much...

1- I read way too much.

2- I speak three (3) languages fluently.

3- I can fly

try these, y'all...

• Maalena likes this

APFXkym.png   

also BenDover on UK2

#24 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 01 September 2016 - 22:29 PM

Okay well flying is the obvious one, but, maybe it means you are able to fly a small plane, that's not impossible. Sneaky? I'm gonna go with 1 - either you don't read too much, or you read plenty but don't think it's "too much". Should I have gone with the obvious one?

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#25 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 23:05 PM

actually, I can fly... my cousin owns a Cesna that he hangers near where I live and he's been giving me lessons...

I do read a lot, but who is to say how much is too much...

Actually, English is my only 'official' language in which I can be considered fluent... I took some Spanish in High School, but I'm hardly fluent, and BS and Sarcasm aren't officially recognized languages...

I'd say you missed the mark this time, but maybe I should give you or someone another shot... 

Edited by AngelicaSynn, 01 September 2016 - 23:19 PM.

APFXkym.png   

also BenDover on UK2

#26 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 01 September 2016 - 23:28 PM

Curses! I was being clever and everything  :S

• Cumslut likes this

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#27 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 04 September 2016 - 23:55 PM

It's Monday morning and I'm feeling post-y, hope nobody minds if I jump in? I like this thread, don't want it to go quiet. (I think Angelica should still count as having the last win, so if you want to go again, go for it, I'll just fill in for now.)

Nerdy lies edition!  (smug)

1. I auditioned for Beauty and the Geek, but didn't get in (either I wasn't beautiful enough or I was too geeky, anyway I think they should totally have picked both sexes for both types).

2. I have sunk over 200 hours total into Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic.

3. I own a Star Trek earring (just one, not a pair).

d93cbe5d5c8e48c9bfe8640460ce4482.png

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#28 Kurana

Kurana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Character:Kurana
  • Studio:Tragically Malicious

Posted 16 September 2016 - 18:16 PM

I'm guessing 3. I bet you do own a pair, you little liar you  (smug)

#29 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:12 AM

Hehe, gotcha  (grin) Nope there is just one, it's a Bajoran earring (the Michelle Forbes species), they only wear one.  The truth is I never played KOTOR at all, I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure my poor little laptop wouldn't be able to run it (or at least it wouldn't run it very well).  It struggles along with BBE even (lucky work has a better computer, and they don't care what my browser is doing so long as I get my job done as well), so I tell people I'm really into retro gaming to explain why I'm playing games that came out before I was born (Quest for Glory 1 rawks).

Okie, new lies time, lemme see... okay got it, Lie To Me: Sports Edition!

1. One of my classmates from school competed at the Olympics in greco-roman wrestling.

2. The only sport I've ever been in an actual proper competition in is (no joke) lawn bowls.

3. I own a really freakin' expensive Yonex tennis racquet, even though I suck at tennis.

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#30 Kurana

Kurana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 02:36 AM

Argh. 

This one's pretty tough.

I thinnk 1 is true, because it is not that odd that people would know someone who's competed in a sport like that...

Ugh, you are a tough cookie... 

I suppose a racquet could be a gift or heirloom or something like that... But you might also be a tennis player who's dreaming about a nice racquet... Hmmm.... 

No, I'm gonna go with 2. That has to be the lie. Either you haven't competed even in lawn bowls, or you have competed in something else.. Yeah, 2 just reeks of unholy deceit!

#31 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:15 AM

You win!  (smug)  I've never competed in lawn bowls.  I have played it but only at school, sometimes I think the sports organisers just looked at whatever sport clubs were close enough for us to walk to and decided "Right we're doing that this week!"

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#32 Kurana

Kurana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:53 AM

Okay, I guess I'll go.

1. The only time I ever got a speeding ticket was on my 20th birthday.  (party)

2. I'm afraid of horses  (dead)

3. I have a sweet little kitten  (cat)

One lie, two truths.

#33 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 17 September 2016 - 13:52 PM

Awright let's break it down  :S

1 could be true, as someone who's never driven a car (Mario Kart doesn't count) I don't have any personal experience with whether speeding tickets really have a thing for irony (the Alanis kind, not the dictionary kind), but it sounds like the kind of thing that could happen. 2 makes sense, horses are big. 3 seems very sensible on the surface, little kittens are sweet but so are grown cats, so that's what I'm gonna go with, 3 is a lie and you actually have a sweet big old adorable cat.

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#34 Kurana

Kurana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 14:50 PM

3 is the lie, but I don't own any felines whatsoever. My parents had cats back in the day, but I've never owned one.

I did get pulled over and fined on my 20th birthday  (party) , and I am in fact terrified of horses for some reason. 

Great job!

#35 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:50 AM

Yay!  (grin)

Okay lemme think of a theme... right, Lie To Me: Travel Edition!

1. At Disneyland, I got really nervous doing Space Mountain and kept my eyes closed the entire time.

2. In Venice the place flooded one morning almost up to the steps of the hotel I was in.

3. At Parkes (bit closer to home) I went up onto the top of the dish (but you're not allowed to play cricket like in the movie).

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#36 Kurana

Kurana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:22 AM

Okay, after giving it a little wait and see, I guess I'm the only one playing...  :)

1: Sounds plausible. I could imagine someone being scared going on a ride like that (I can definitely see a kid shutting her eyes). Trouble is, is/was Kaitee that way? Hmmm....  :S

2:  Sounds pretty plausible too. I think that the water can rise pretty easily around there, and I could see something like that happening. Again, did it happen to Kaitee? Or was she ever in Venice to begin with? Hmmm...  (think)

3: I guess I am a cheat, but from figuring out what Parkes is (sorry, I didn't know about!) this one sounds suspicious.  Going up on the dish sounds so... bizarre. I wonder if you could get up on top of the dish. (idea)  I am going to go ahead and say that you haven't been up on the dish. I think someone owning something Star Trek would be interested in an observatory, but I don't think that you have been on top of the actual dish.

So yeah, I'm calling 3 a lie. I can see little Kaitee being afraid on Space Mountain, and I can see a flooded Venice. I can't really picture 3, so I guess I should go with that. 3 has to be the lie! 

(smoke)

#37 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 20 September 2016 - 22:51 PM

Correct!  You can get up onto the dish (they really did film the cricket scene there in the movie) but they don't just let visitors go up.  Or maybe they just didn't let me go up  :S Whichever, you win!  (party)  Your go.

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#38 Kurana

Kurana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 23:12 PM

Hooray!  (grin)

I figured that visitors wouldn't be allowed to run around in an actual, super expensive piece of equipment like that. Guess I was right to really think it through...

All right, my three truthies:

1. Back in 2012 I had something of a crush on Jon Huntsman in the presidential primaries (Too bad Mormons abandoned polygamy...  :

2. A couple of years back I was "playing house" a lot with Crusader Kings II by making up little intrigues and matching people together and really childish things like a little kid playing with dolls. Barbie meets A Game of Thrones... (ninja)

3. I just can't wait to see the continuation of Star Wars Episode VII and get to hear what adult Luke is like (is he going to be a human Yoda?) (drooling)

2 truths, 1 untruth!

#39 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 21 September 2016 - 00:13 AM

Thinking cap on  :S

I have no idea who Jon Huntsman is (I barely know my own country's politics let alone anyone else's), but I googled him just now, and yeah, I'd go there. Not sure we'd get along if we talked politics, but he's not talking in what I'm imagining right now, so that's fine...  (grin) The whole Crusader Kings thing I can totally believe, that's exactly what I'd do in that kind of game.  Luke in Star Wars also believable, I can't believe (except I loved it) how they teased him at the end of the movie like that, so finding out what he's actually going to be like, sure, that'd a big deal.

No obvious lie!  :O  Okay well... I'm gonna go with Luke, because that seems like the one most likely to have been flipped around from the truth, I don't know if you'd know so much about Huntsman or Crusader Kings if you hadn't had a thing for them, but everyone knows about Star Wars.  Some people didn't like the new one, so, maybe you're not that keen on old Luke?

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#40 Kurana

Kurana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 00:44 AM

Curses!

3 is indeed the lie.

My attitude towards Star Wars has been a total "meh" since Episode III (I haven't watched any Star Wars movie since Episode III when it was in theaters...). I just knew about the ending because I heard about it, so that is the lie. I would not lose any sleep if they don't continue Star Wars. It just doesn't have any magic for me. And for the record: I THAT UGLY LITTLE GOBLIN HATE! (I can't stand Yoda...) I suspect I was too young to love the old Star Wars and am now too old to love the new...

I still occasionally consider reinstalling Crusader Kings II just to play around (I really do love some of the quirky things I did, though way too often by console cheats, cuz I'm bad  (grin) ) Who doesn't love to play around as a clubfooted, ugly queen who won't hesitate to plot to assassinate all the vassals who dislike her for her deformities and conspire to make war on her? Or have a king have an affair with his young niece and hope no one finds out about the paternity of the inevitable bastard...? Or the frustration when your character decides to become celibate and wreck the succession of the realm, throwing the country into inevitable civil war or even the end to the dynasty? Dark soap opera intrigues can be so much fun for all grown children! (It does end up eating up way too much time though...)

I have no idea why I had a big crush on Jon Huntsman (and still find him really attractive), but for some reason he really set me off...  Like no other politician ever has... 

Good job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users