• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationBreda
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Dparadise
  • Studio:Angels & Sinners

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:21 AM

Please use this topic to discuss the newest updates!

The following changes were deployed today (2019-04-30):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Features
Message System
• The message system has been completely reworked.
• From now on, the system is split up into system messages, conversations with other players, vouchers and battery requests.

System Messages
• In the tab for system messages you can now see all personal messages from Big Bang Empire and item credits from Wanda's Secret Store.

Conversations
• Conversations are now visualized as a message stream.
• In the tab for conversations you can now see all communications with other players that has previously been processed through the messaging system. You can start conversations with one or multiple players here.
• Messages can be sent using the "Send Message" button or using CTRL+ENTER.

Vouchers
• In the tab for vouchers you can see all currently redeemable vouchers you have gotten in the game.

New items for future events and specials have been added:
• We've added 17 new items for female characters, which can be obtained during special events.
• We've added 17 new items for male characters, which can be obtained during special events.

Maintenance
General
• The server DE1 was missing in the Ranking Lists on German servers. This has been fixed via hotfix.
• International servers can now be accessed through the server list on the landing page.
• Mobile: You can now choose the language before creating a character on International Servers. When you log in, the language will now be set to the correct language of the character.
• Several smaller issues have been fixed.

Best,
Your Big Bang Empire Team

• Bluefire and Phloo like this
Happy Holidays. Wishing you all a happy, healthy and amazing 2021!

#2 dparadise

dparadise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationBreda

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:02 AM

Hi all,

It seems the update is taking longer than normally. Unfortunately I don't have any update yet why this is, or when the game will come back online. As soon as we know more, we'll be able to share. Please be patient and try and do something useful in meantime (perhaps the house needs a vacuum or some dishes are waiting lol, just kidding). 

#3 dparadise

dparadise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationBreda

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:45 AM

We are online, you can open your game :) the message system looks... weird lol

#4 Bluefire

Bluefire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Character:Bluefire
  • Studio:Bros & Hoes

Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:37 AM

I think the new look message system may take a little time to get used to, but im sure we will get there.  Dont forget to put any comments or suggestions and issues you have with it here.

The first one I have heard is - 'Would have liked the ability to sort my messages into my own tabs'

#5 dparadise

dparadise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationBreda

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:33 PM

The system is fine, something to get used too.

What I personally dislike for sure, is that whatever message you get, when opening the mailbox, you will not automatically go to this particular tab. Also if you receive a message, part of a conversation, automatically show this thread. I have to search now for it, not something I'm looking forward too. Makes me want to put everyone on ignore lol.

#6 Lillaea

Lillaea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:46 PM

First off, let me complement you on the new message system.
It looks nice and has a great feature of splitting the relevant messages.

One issue that I have now though is that the vouchers do not show what they contain.
Example: I cannot see which of my energy vouchers contains x amount of energy.
When I have saved up some vouchers to complete assignments in the future and still need to use one right now, I don't know which one to activate.
I hope you can resolve the current filler text.

Keep up the good work!

#7 elowyn

elowyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • World:UK1

Posted 30 April 2019 - 17:19 PM

im not a huge fan of the new messaging system. Whilst its "something that will grow on you" is a possibility, I had atleast 5 messages in my inbox that had important info that I can no longer access, they have simply disappeared. There is nothing in the conversations tab to locate them with. Wilst I accept that change is part of the game, I personally would like the option to go back to the old message system

#8 Jason777

Jason777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Jason777 - UK2 JasonXXX
  • Studio:Abusement park - UK2 TM

Posted 30 April 2019 - 18:12 PM

The new messaging thing I like actually. It's more sorted out and don't have to look after older messages between your mails to see what was all told because it's now all in 1 place.

Only 1 thing I don't like is that there is no message sound when somebody messages you

Also, every conversation on UK1 was all gone for me. My conversation list was completely empty (which I don't have on my other server accounts)

And just a little thing, if you message to a studio mail to just the sender, it goes in the conversation list to that 1 person. That's kinda a bit bad really. It would been better if that went to the same tab still with the subject as you would see about what that was

Edited by Jason777, 30 April 2019 - 18:37 PM.

ePUgNQJ.png

UK1 - Jason777

UK2 - JasonXXX

NU1 - JV676767

#9 uliana

uliana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City
  • Character:Uliana
  • Studio:Angels and Sinners

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:22 AM

studio mail is broken. i cannot send a mail to the whole studio. also, why is there no "sent mail" tab? the vouchers now just tell me when they expire and only give me an option to "redeem." unfortunately, it does not tell me how much energy is in the voucher. the new mail system is not good. there's an old expression, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." perhaps the developers have never heard this before, because now it's broken, and it certainly didn't need fixing. 

yuGNxmf.png?3

#10 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:37 AM

So, to summarize, actual bugs reported:

1) Can't send mail to entire studio.

2) No sound when a message is received

3) Lost email messages

Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#11 dparadise

dparadise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationBreda

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:24 AM

In addition:

- General mails don't scroll in the app; only conversations do

- App showing German texts

- Ignore and report button missing? (I can't find them)

- Can't see the amounts of the energy vouchers

• uliana likes this

#12 Jason777

Jason777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Jason777 - UK2 JasonXXX
  • Studio:Abusement park - UK2 TM

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:43 AM

I don't think there is a problem with studio mails sending I think

ePUgNQJ.png

UK1 - Jason777

UK2 - JasonXXX

NU1 - JV676767

#13 dparadise

dparadise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationBreda

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:50 AM

So with some help, I managed to find the Ignore and Report button:

When you receive a conversation, you have the name of sender twice at the top.

If you click on the bottom one of those, with the gender icon in front, you will get a dropdown with the buttons:

f25EbWB.png

#14 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:13 AM

I'd just like to point out that with this update to the mailing system, all the players who play the game on iOS mobile devices have been completely thrown overboard by the devs. Just like any of the new features that have been implemented over the last year or so, the new system isn't working and the old one has been disabled. So there's now no way for me to receive or send any messages, redeem vouchers or send batteries when I'm not playing on a PC, which I reluctantly do only sporadically in order to make use of all the features that don't work on a tablet or phone. I could live up with being able to claim the daily activity rewards only on a PC or with needing to blindly collect the sensual room scents, but the lack of any mailing system will really cripple the already lacking gaming experience.

Many users have been asking the devs for months to finally do something about the iOS version of the game and their response it to make it even more useless? I guess they really don't care about this segment of the player base and are fine with droving it away. People won't buy a new phone or tablet just to continue playing BBE... The new messaging system isn't even that good, apparently isn't working properly for now and has flaws like not being able to see how much energy each voucher contains. They should have left the opportunity for the players to keep using the old system both on mobile and desktop versions of the game.

Edited by Amberson, 01 May 2019 - 11:16 AM.

#15 dparadise

dparadise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationBreda

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:26 AM

Hey Amberson,

Could you please submit a ticket, supported with some screenshots and a comprehensive explanation for this? It will help us to make it aware to the devs that iOS is having issues.

Thanks.

#16 Savannah

Savannah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Character:Savannah

Posted 02 May 2019 - 15:25 PM

I'm not sure if the devs were working on something this morning or if this is just me, but my Android mobile app has decided to suddenly stop working.. it was running fine this morning, but when I opened the app again, a bar appeared at the bottom saying that Game Data was being Downloaded. The bar never moved. I tried clearing the cache, uninstalling, and reinstalling, but nothing has worked. Has anyone else experienced this? I'll have to wait until I have access to my computer to submit a ticket.

wife of Asstomic  (smug)

#17 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Character:Pinkyslapalot
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 02 May 2019 - 15:34 PM

Savannah, I am getting the same issue. I had updated my app after this week's game update and it was working fine.   When I try it now, I am also getting "game data is being downloaded" but nothing is moving.

• Savannah likes this

#18 Phloo

Phloo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia
  • Character:Phloo
  • Studio:Bros and Hoes

Posted 02 May 2019 - 22:59 PM

Same issue here with the Android app. After about 10 minutes (yes I was persistent) waiting for the unmovable bar to display any signs of life an error message showed up saying: "Context3D not available! Possible reasons: wrong renderMode or missing device support."
This is a stock Android phone. 

#19 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 23:50 PM

Hey Amberson,

Could you please submit a ticket, supported with some screenshots and a comprehensive explanation for this? It will help us to make it aware to the devs that iOS is having issues.

Thanks.

Hey, DP. It’s not about having issues, it’s just that the mobile version of the game for iOS devices has become obsolete and not being updated anymore. Other players have brought attention to this before and expressed their frustration about not being able to enjoy any of the new features. Both on this forum and through tickets.

I think someone said that they were told by the support that the devs are working on a new app for the iOS devices, but months have passed and nothing has changed. All these problems started when they introduced the big update with the apartments feature. For a short time after that, the mobile version of the game was completely offline and when they received a lot of complaints about it, they put the old version of the game that didn’t have the apartments feature back online. Since then, none of the new features that are being continuously implemented into the game are part of the iOS version.

I’m now getting this message when I tap on the mail icon: “The message system has been updated and is no longer available in this version. Please use the official version for android, flash or html5 to access your messages via the new messaging system."

#20 NiceLee

NiceLee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:44 AM

The energy amount of vouchers is now shown.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: update, April 2019, patches, maintenance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users