• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 12 August 2018 - 19:39 PM

Instead of energy vouchers,why don't they give all participants a TIME voucher that cuts the time in half for a period of time equal to what they spent at the convention? This would be a similar effect to the boosters that can be bought for studios except for instead of being some low percent it would be double. A 14 minute missions would use 14 energy and only take 7 minutes etc.

It seems to me that originally the idea of handing out energy vouchers was probably a way to compensate for the time spent. Only thing is,it's exactly backwards of what is needed. We need to make up time not be here longer. Some of us have other stuff we want to do.

• jasmine45, wuffy and kule like this

Just a casual now

#2 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • World:UK1
  • Character:Pinkyslapalot
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 12 August 2018 - 19:49 PM

Interesting idea.  My other thought with vouchers from Conventions especially during these intolerable, never-ending, 2hr time-eaters, is to at least make the voucher expire much later than a few days.    

Convention temples are brutal enough, but losing many, many hours of peak gaming time only to be rewarded with extra energy is an extra slap in the face.

• Eileendover likes this

#3 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 12 August 2018 - 19:55 PM

Yeah make them long enough to save for that really short day somewhere on the calendar. ;) I normally just use them when I get them so they don't expire. some days I keep the window open until late and get it all done. Some days I say F it and let it be sucked into the cosmos. would be nice if they had a sell value at the shop

Just a casual now

#4 Andrea6969

Andrea6969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA
  • Character:Andrea6969
  • Studio:Bros and Hoes

Posted 12 August 2018 - 22:45 PM

Instead of energy vouchers,why don't they give all participants a TIME voucher that cuts the time in half for a period of time equal to what they spent at the convention? This would be a similar effect to the boosters that can be bought for studios except for instead of being some low percent it would be double. A 14 minute missions would use 14 energy and only take 7 minutes etc.

It seems to me that originally the idea of handing out energy vouchers was probably a way to compensate for the time spent. Only thing is,it's exactly backwards of what is needed. We need to make up time not be here longer. Some of us have other stuff we want to do.

That is exactly what the dev's do NOT want lol, Giving out free options to spend LESS time on the game. It would highly reduce the incentive of studios to buy the Mission length booster and that would save diamonds :ohmy:. Dev's are allergic to that.

But energy is indeed not the best reward of conventions. The game gets way too time consuming specially if the studio got a energy trophy when least need it. :dry: 300 + 20 trophy + 60 convention + 25 reward + 120 convention + 25 reward, that's over 9h game time and just too much. Optional would been another 120 + 30 (or 25 if don't waste diamonds on event conventions) chance ... Who in the blue hell spend 12h in one day on the game? Honestly, that's ridiculous.

Rather give out more notes as reward.

All conventions should be limited to 1h only and two within 24h, period

• Eileendover likes this

#5 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 12 August 2018 - 23:43 PM

That is exactly what the dev's do NOT want lol, Giving out free options to spend LESS time on the game. It would highly reduce the incentive of studios to buy the Mission length booster and that would save diamonds :ohmy:. Dev's are allergic to that.

But energy is indeed not the best reward of conventions. The game gets way too time consuming specially if the studio got a energy trophy when least need it. :dry: 300 + 20 trophy + 60 convention + 25 reward + 120 convention + 25 reward, that's over 9h game time and just too much. Optional would been another 120 + 30 (or 25 if don't waste diamonds on event conventions) chance ... Who in the blue hell spend 12h in one day on the game? Honestly, that's ridiculous.

Rather give out more notes as reward.

All conventions should be limited to 1h only and two within 24h, period

Ha! Yeah, I know but they need to do something. People are going to be going off on break and going 'Hey wow. there's a life out here. Forgot all about that' and just maybe not make it back. I seen pretty much that exact thing happen with a person in a studio I'm in recently. They were good enough to let everyone know they were going at least,but go they did.

Who spends that amount of time? I do on at least 2 stars and half that on 2 others. I miss my family. I miss my Sims. I miss my secondlife avatars and sweethearts. I miss my Gran Turismo cars. etc

Sooner or later one of those is going to win out if things keep going like they are.

• Andrea6969 likes this

Just a casual now

#6 Andrea6969

Andrea6969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:11 AM

Ha! Yeah, I know but they need to do something. People are going to be going off on break and going 'Hey wow. there's a life out here. Forgot all about that' and just maybe not make it back. I seen pretty much that exact thing happen with a person in a studio I'm in recently. They were good enough to let everyone know they were going at least,but go they did.

Who spends that amount of time? I do on at least 2 stars and half that on 2 others. I miss my family. I miss my Sims. I miss my secondlife avatars and sweethearts. I miss my Gran Turismo cars. etc

Sooner or later one of those is going to win out if things keep going like they are.

I'm yet too new too lose patience as I joined only 6,5 months ago.

This week I jumped up about 15 positions in glory but I definitively didn't overtook that many players. It's not the way I wanted to get in the top 100 because at least 10 players above me quit in one week. :sad:

There is also a bunch of "corpses" in that list now, level 300+ players, one even 400+ without a studio and no more produced films lately so it's quite obvious that many are fed up with the convention temple over and over again.

New collections (of course the only way to get them are diamonds) and events can't make up for that.

I was thinking about ignoring the temple for one week or even take a break but at the end of the day, the exciting duel-feud I have with a player since months which is a lot of fun as it stays head-to-head and we wear out the counter attack button up to 20 times per day, kept me motivated. :smile:

I also didn't want to let my studio down but at least I save my diamonds and even batteries for something else.

However, if the devs don't stop their greediness and finally listen to us, I think this game will eventually go down.

#7 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:16 AM

I probably need a very long break. I guess just backing off a little for a bit wasn't enough. Thing is last time I did I was gone so long my star got deleted. I had one to around level 100 and November rolled around. I chose to participate in NaNoWrimo, a yearly event for writers of all sorts. Got into other things for a while after that.

But at this point,they really should change the text in game where it says your star is tired and needs a break -come back tomorrow and just go straight to 'come on. keep playing'

Just a casual now

#8 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 13 August 2018 - 21:41 PM

As far as being exactly what they don't want, the current solution I am left with is probably even less of what they want. #1 is I won't spend another penny on this game. Full Stop. Spent too much already. #2 is I only click on conventions where my star is in a studio where it matters and it's a convention temple. I otherwise ignore them entirely. When it's temple they get every other click back and forth with short missions so that my wasted time is somewhat offset.I won't use what few diamonds I have on it,or my batteries. Maybe my TV on the servers that have it but usually not.

Ironically,I got a best show the other night with this approach. Go me :P

• CaptC and Andrea6969 like this

Just a casual now

#9 Andrea6969

Andrea6969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 23:33 PM

Ironically,I got a best show the other night with this approach. Go me :P

I've seen that lol, had to smile. Congrats :D. Although it was just a event convention with last Year's items instead Sergeant or Barbarian collection but still... (party) :)

• Eileendover likes this

#10 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:59 AM

If the goal of these non-stop, mind-numbing Convention Temples is to get many players to quit the game then you are doing one hell of a job.  If your goal is to suck out the life of the few active players, well done.  

PLEASE STOP WITH THE CONVENTION TEMPLES!   This has been the worst summer of temples ever.  

• Eileendover and uliana like this

#11 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 01:39 AM

Opening up this topic once again.   How many times must players protest, complain, rant etc. for common sense with Convention Temples finally happen?   Enough with the non-stop 2hr CONS!!!     Nobody likes them.   Nobody wants them.   Please cap the length of CONS at 1hr.   At least this way it is an inconvenience and not a soul-sucking 2 hours.  Also, being rewarded extra energy after wasting 2 hours in a CON is an additional slap in the face.

I have re-stated this grievance multiple times.  I am guessing it will fall on deaf ears once again....but please, for the good of the game, stop this madness.

• jasmine45 likes this

#12 Andrea6969

Andrea6969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:10 PM

Opening up this topic once again.   How many times must players protest, complain, rant etc. for common sense with Convention Temples finally happen?   Enough with the non-stop 2hr CONS!!!     Nobody likes them.   Nobody wants them.   Please cap the length of CONS at 1hr.   At least this way it is an inconvenience and not a soul-sucking 2 hours.  Also, being rewarded extra energy after wasting 2 hours in a CON is an additional slap in the face.

I have re-stated this grievance multiple times.  I am guessing it will fall on deaf ears once again....but please, for the good of the game, stop this madness.

I'm afraid the Convention Temple will be right back after just one week (fight mission) break. It's not confirmed yet, but the Easter event is coming and it had it's event Conventions with that Temple last Year and I'd be surprised if it would be any different this Year.

Some 2h conventions already failed even in the temple meanwhile (the first two Conventions after the Temple started and that even on the compared to most other servers, busy UK2) and last evening (early Sunday morning server time) another 2h one just barley succeeded three minutes before it's time was up. Players are really tired of it and more are retiring.

I'd say just play those Temples that you like and play the annoying ones minimal. It looks like many already do so.

#13 Emerald3

Emerald3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • World:UK3
  • Character:Emerald3
  • Studio:Scarlet Hourglass

Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:50 AM

BBE is trying to keep us at the screen, not take a rain check and come around when it's convenient for us. energy rewards that expire quickly if you don't use them, do just that. how they gonna keep us hooked if they start loosening the cuffs?

Edited by Emerald3, 10 April 2019 - 08:51 AM.

UK3 - Emerald3 - Mother Hen of "Scarlet Hourglass" Studio

*Southern Belle from Hell*
...I disavow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users