• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 22 July 2018 - 00:48 AM

The outfits are great.

Um except when you accidentally sell a piece of it you thought you had locked but it came unlocked from being moved around in preparation to do a sell all in a tab... :( :(

How about a 'lock everything in this outfit' button?

Yeah it would require things in the regular bags to also be lockable I guess

afterthought: why should a locked item come unlocked just because it was moved? Shouldn't it stay locked until you manually unlock it?

Just a casual now

#2 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 22 July 2018 - 01:12 AM

Why would you move it? Locked items are not sold if you sell a tab.

Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#3 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 22 July 2018 - 01:42 AM

lol was organizing tabs. I wanted the outfit stuff together in one tab. But you can't move things from tab to tab. you have to go to bags 1st. So. when I moved some items to bags and then to the tab I wanted them in I evidently missed locking one piece back down. Then I notice my outfit button flashing a ! at me. If it can have that functionality certainly it can also have a lock all. no?

Just a casual now

#4 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 22 July 2018 - 01:44 AM

Or at least a message saying 'you are about to sell one or more items that are part of a saved outfit'

Just a casual now

#5 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 22 July 2018 - 02:01 AM

Lol Am I being watched? replacement piece just came up on  4 minute time mission.

Ooo spooky (zombie)

still would be nice

and I know a lot o f folks don't care but for film outfits it would be great if there was individual select to have item shown where the person has purchased that option. As of now it's universal

Just a casual now

#6 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 22 July 2018 - 02:49 AM

I am not sure about all that you said, Eileen... but:

• You can move things directly from one tab to another. Drag the item to the number of the tab you wish to put it in. 
  • When you sell an item that is on an outfit, it DOES tell you that you are doing so. I know you are excited to finally be able to sell, but slow down and read the text. (smile)

I don't get at all what you are trying to suggest in your last post.

In love with my Baby.

#7 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:08 AM

Didn't know about the drag n drop tabs. If it stays locked doing that it would be helpful yes. I did see the suggestion topic that isn't that old before I posted this. I did get a message when I tried to sell a  locked item individually (which I did intentionally to test that) When I hit sell all there was a message about how many items I would be selling. I don't recall it saying any were part of an outfit though maybe it did. I will check next one I do.

In previous post about film outfits saved which I will probably never get to as I will never have enough tabs I'm talking about the ability to individually select if an item is shown or not if a player has bought that option. Some think it don't matter because it's just for 2 seconds but I think some people probably will enjoy setting up a nice looking outfit for each one they have even if they are the only one that sees it. A good example is belts. I have bought the belt off option on 2 of my stars. Most of the belts are just clunky and disrupt the nice shape of a female star. Not sure  how it is on guy stars. by default the belt will be off on my stars that bought that. There could be a few exceptions where the belt actually looks nice and I want it shown. The outfit in the recent anniversary event had a nice one

apologies. my comma key is broken. Must be penance for my normal liberal use of oxford comma lol

• Analis likes this

Just a casual now

#8 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:28 AM

To keep things simple, you could suggest this?

"If an item gets used in an outfit, it should automatically get locked."

PS: if you have a keypad, type ALT 44.

• Eileendover likes this

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#9 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:48 AM

To keep things simple, you could suggest this?

"If an item gets used in an outfit, it should automatically get locked."

PS: if you have a keypad, type ALT 44.

Yes. That would work fine. It does still mean things would need to be lockable in regular bags though. I actually keep all my skill stuff in my bags since I don't have too many tabs. The tabs I do have are a combination of things I want to keep for films and sellables for sell temple. So I was finally trying to get organized when the mishap happened.

A silly thing t I did that added to he confusion was I put on the saved outfit to check if an incoming piece was an upgrade. as we all know the hover on objects shows if it's an upgrade to what you have on. not to any outfit that is saved. I should have just found it and looked at the base number! I was lucky I didn't wind up selling some of my regular set when I did the sell all because of course it just shoved it all wherever there was room.

What does the alt 44 do?

Just a casual now

#10 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:06 AM

That's some luck alright... (grin)

And ALT 44 makes a , ;)

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#11 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 22 July 2018 - 14:43 PM

I recently sold a tab that had four locked items in it.  It said something like, "14 items will sell, 4 items will not be sold.".

I also sold a tab that had an item in one of my skill outfits. The message said something like, "18 items will sell, including items from the strength outfit."

I recently sold an item from my finesse outfit. It said something like, "Item is included in outfit: Finesse". It's not a special prompt, it is already included in the confirmation prompt.

I don't know if items stay locked when you move them to another tab directly. Try it and see, let us know.

I would personally dislike it if items were arbitrarily locked just because they are in an outfit. When I replace an item in my skill outfits, which I do frequently, I don't want to have to unlock it first. And yes, when I replace an item in a skill outfit, I intentionally sell it right away. That triggers the '!' in the outfits button, and I have set up my storage lockers so that the replacement piece is found very easily.

I don't bother a lot with movie making items. Male avatars have a difficult time winning a BBA, and female only need to have their parts hanging out with a catchy title. So arranging items to deal with that is not an issue of mine. But I would suggest you put items from skill outfits first, then movie making items. 

• Eileendover likes this
In love with my Baby.

#12 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 23 July 2018 - 16:59 PM

Yeah they stay locked tab to tab. It's putting them in a bag that's the issue. I tested to see the prompts too. It's as you described Cap. I think a flashing pink ! at the beginning of that line might help so it's not just taken as more blah blah blah. 

I'd think I'm not the only one who hasn't purchased extra outfits. Therefore, many of us probably have skill items in our bags for parties so we don't have to drag them from tabs during a party. That's why I think things should be lockable there also.

Safety pins! (grin)

Edited by Eileendover, 23 July 2018 - 17:05 PM.

Just a casual now

#13 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 23 July 2018 - 19:09 PM

Yeah they stay locked tab to tab. It's putting them in a bag that's the issue. I tested to see the prompts too. It's as you described Cap. I think a flashing pink ! at the beginning of that line might help so it's not just taken as more blah blah blah. 

Thanks for experimenting.

I'd think I'm not the only one who hasn't purchased extra outfits. Therefore, many of us probably have skill items in our bags for parties so we don't have to drag them from tabs during a party. That's why I think things should be lockable there also.

Safety pins! (grin)

I am confused about one thing. If you keep those items in your bags, they can't be in tabs to sell.

In love with my Baby.

#14 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 25 July 2018 - 19:29 PM

Thanks for experimenting.

I am confused about one thing. If you keep those items in your bags, they can't be in tabs to sell.

well yeah. Don't want to sell my party gear anyway. I just sell off one piece if I get an upgrade for it. With only a couple tabs, everything is always full. it would be a nightmare trying to drag everything out for an outfit in the time of a party. So the tabs  have just been stuffed with epics from dueling and gold frame items.

Would be nice if you're about to tell me I can somehow drag an item directly from tab to character, lol *nope double checked and window completely covers. There is however enough space under the regular bag tabs in that window to fit the downsized versions of the equipped item slots or a selection button to bring up another window with that in it. Because we need more windows, right? (lol)

Just a casual now

#15 Andrea6969

Andrea6969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA
  • Character:Andrea6969
  • Studio:Bros and Hoes

Posted 25 July 2018 - 23:08 PM

Would be nice if you're about to tell me I can somehow drag an item directly from tab to character, lol *nope double checked and window completely covers. There is however enough space under the regular bag tabs in that window to fit the downsized versions of the equipped item slots or a

You actually don't need to drag anything if you got the saved outfits.

Let's suppose you want to replace your chest item of the stamina outfit:

You go to that outfit and click there on it:

VCwsZBI.jpg

A pop up opens where you can see all your current available chest items:

w9Je3Ag.jpg

Now you just select the item you want to use instead (with cursor on them you can see their attributes)  and then click the "CHANGE" button. That's it.

It does not work that way on the equipped outfit for duels and on your profile. But since new items get delivered in your inventory and you likely want to adjust them in the shop, you drag for refine & spin first anyway.

• Demonka likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users