• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:28 PM

We had another thread going, started by Paula, asking for new ideas for Temples.  That conversation morphed into a completely different issue, so I am restarting a topic asking for new ideas for Temples.

Let's try to keep this conversation on topic, and just on new temple ideas. Other continuing discussions should be held elsewhere.

Thanks!

Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#2 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 11 July 2018 - 13:02 PM

My first proposal isn't really a new temple, rather a variation on the current duel temple. I propose a Temple where temple points are scored equal to the glory gained in duels initiated by the player. No points are gained *or* lost if the player loses the duel. Only a player's first three duels against a particular opponent are counted.

The intent is to shift the emphasis from sheer volume of dueling, which gives a lot of advantage to courage trophies. Smart duel selection becomes much more important. (Picking on that player rated higher than you, but who has a terrible build, for example.)

Top flight studios with courage trophies can still do more duels, and will have a bit of an advantage. But this is likely countered by the fact that top level players have fewer opportunities for big glory gains. (There just isn't anyone above me with a terrible build anymore, for example.) So this is a subtle handicap that should allow full studios of newer players to compete well.

The current duel temple, with it's emphasis on wins and sheer volume of duels, encourages what I call 'bunny killing', picking on players who have no chance whatsoever. But focusing on glory gained, without penalizing failure (other than the loss of courage), should encourage players to be much more aggressive about who they attack. Killing a bunny might be 100% chance of taking 10 glory. I should take that 50-50 chance at 135 glory, instead.

The restriction regarding the number of attacks that count is to prevent two opponents with 50-50 chances at big glory from racking big scores simply by counter-attacking each other incessantly. You have to find and defeat multiple opponents. Top level players will have difficulty finding that many lucrative opponents, which is part of the handicapping.

• Yibbies and Demonka like this
In love with my Baby.

#3 Andrea6969

Andrea6969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Andrea6969
  • Studio:Bros and Hoes

Posted 11 July 2018 - 16:10 PM

It's quite obvious, Playata needs diamond spending temples. Since I like to keep my "WAIFU" outfit :wub: no matter what else I get, it brought this idea up: 

I suggest the sewing machine as a temple.

It would be less time consuming than conventions and everyone could do as much as possible resp. wanted and on any time.

20 points for every epic whipstitched item (20 diamonds)

10 points for every rare whipstitched item (10 diamonds)

5 points for every common whipstitched item (10-15k notes)

Another idea is to include the studio fights into a temple:

Simple each elimination of an opponent is one temple point and the last elimination that brings the studio the win is 3 points. Maximal 32 points for a studio per fight.

Inactive players who did not sign up for the fight cannot make points. Their eliminations of opponents in defense and as doubles would be wasted.

• CaptC likes this

#4 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 11 July 2018 - 16:40 PM

Another idea is to include the studio fights into a temple:

Simple each elimination of an opponent is one temple point and the last elimination that brings the studio the win is 3 points. Maximal 32 points for a studio per fight.

Inactive players who did not sign up for the fight cannot make points. Their eliminations of opponents in defense and as doubles would be wasted.

I like it, including the disadvantage for carrying zombies on your roster. There is even a penalty for being a super dominant studio, since no one attacks you, meaning you cannot get elimination points twice per day.

I want to make sure I understand one point, though. An avatar not signed in, whether or not they are using a double, DOES count for the other studio when it is eliminated. It just cannot gain points for their own studio. Correct?

The scaling is off, though. There are achievements that care about how many times a studio achieves 3000 points in a temple. I suggest that any studio making all of it's attacks against a fully staffed opponent, should be able to achieve 3000 points in this temple, too. To give a little wiggle room, I think a studio should be able to generate roughly 500 points per attack, or 3500 points for a week. So I suggest 15 points per elimination, with a bonus of 50 points per win, and an additional 50 points if you take a trophy from your opponent. Against fully staffed opponents, 450 points for kills, plus 100 points for bonuses.

If you really want to stir things up, the bonus for winning should be equal to the glory gained. All those studios hanging on to huge trophy penalties will potentially be big, juicy pots of temple points.

In love with my Baby.

#5 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 11 July 2018 - 17:04 PM

I don't want Paula's suggestion for a Movie Ballot Temple to get lost, so I am copying it here:

How about a temple where we vote for the BBA'S .So many points per vote and leave the voting as it is now voting for the team we want or refreshing it if we see a team we don't wish to vote for .

In love with my Baby.

#6 Andrea6969

Andrea6969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA
  • Character:Andrea6969
  • Studio:Bros and Hoes

Posted 11 July 2018 - 17:31 PM

I want to make sure I understand one point, though. An avatar not signed in, whether or not they are using a double, DOES count for the other studio when it is eliminated. It just cannot gain points for their own studio. Correct?

The scaling is off, though. There are achievements that care about how many times a studio achieves 3000 points in a temple. I suggest that any studio making all of it's attacks against a fully staffed opponent, should be able to achieve 3000 points in this temple, too. To give a little wiggle room, I think a studio should be able to generate roughly 500 points per attack, or 3500 points for a week. So I suggest 15 points per elimination, with a bonus of 50 points per win, and an additional 50 points if you take a trophy from your opponent. Against fully staffed opponents, 450 points for kills, plus 100 points for bonuses.

Yes, correct. Signed in players who eliminate opponents score points, no matter if the eliminated opponent(s) were on half skills or doubles or a active players.

Means if your studio attacks another studio with 30 members, all of your players sign up for he fight and your studio wins, you definitely gain the maximal temple points.

Studios with inactive players get punished twice. :wink:

To qualify more studios for the temple (minimum 100 points) I'd be fine with more points per elimination too, 10 or 15 points per elimination.

Only the the player who eliminate the last opponent gets the additional winner bonus points, 50 is good. For the studio it doesn't matter anyway but it shakes things up in the players temple competition, which gives rewards since a few months too ("Servant of the Temple" collection + Title).

Not sure with the 50 trophy bonus as the trophy penalty already rise the chances of winning. But I don't mind it either.

#7 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 11 July 2018 - 18:52 PM

You get Servant of the Temple gear when your studio wins the Temple.

I'm not trying to qualify studios, I'm looking for a fair chance for everyone to get over 3000 points per temple.  If you can get that many in the week, qualifying should not be a problem.

In love with my Baby.

#8 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:40 PM

I don’t like Temples that require you to give the game more attention than you do usually. Particularly the ones where you get the most points for doing short tasks that tie you to the game too much. Conventions are one type of such a Temple that asks you for intense involvement throughout extended time periods. But fighting Temples are also not my favorite. I don’t normally do dozens of duels a day and even the dueling I partake in is usually motivated by some particular incentive like completing a dickstarter task or reaching some glory threshold that earns you a reward or trying to get items for selling Temple or poaching for diamonds.... It’s just not my favorite aspect of the game and the need to wait for the courage to get recharged is annoying. It demands you to continually login during a dueling Temple throughout the whole day and I’m not a fan of that.

That all being said, I’m up for shakin' and refreshin' it up by changing the aim of a dueling Temple from quantity to the amount of glory gained. Might make me feel like less of a clickbot mindlessly going after the easiest targets 30 times a day...

One thing I’d like to point out, though, is that this Temple gives opportunity for studio members to deliberately attack each other in a way that yields quite a lot of glory for the Temple without any individual player really losing anything. Two similarly strong teammates might make an agreement like "You attack me three times and I let you win, then we do it in reverse and I take the lost glory back". So maybe a ban on intra-studio fighting during this Temple (or in general) would be a good addition to the idea.

Edited by Amberson, 12 July 2018 - 12:42 PM.

• zile and Emerald3 like this

#9 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:54 PM

I'm not trying to qualify studios, I'm looking for a fair chance for everyone to get over 3000 points per temple. If you can get that many in the week, qualifying should not be a problem.

You don’t need to get over 3k points in order to complete achievements. The way I understand it, this an old threshold from the game's past (before I even started playing) required to qualify into weekly Temple classification that isn’t important anymore. The new threshold is 100 points. The assignment text that goes with some of the achievements just wasn’t changed and thus doesn’t reflect the new game mechanics. It’s just a formality, though, and from actual experience I can confirm that everytime your studio crosses the 100 point mark in week, you get one step closer to completing the next achievement. ;)

Edited by Amberson, 12 July 2018 - 12:56 PM.

#10 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 12 July 2018 - 20:00 PM

That may very well be true, and I forgot that Amberson. But you know, it is much more satisfying to aim for 3K points anyway.

(My Dad always told me, "Bigger is not always better, boy."  But my Mom disagreed.)

In love with my Baby.

#11 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 12 July 2018 - 20:05 PM

As to studio shenanigans for glory... the current temple also rewards that kind of behavior.  But there are always bunnies you can kill, so most of the time it's not worth the hassle.

I see your point that a glory based temple will encourage such shenanigans... but, eh, I don't think it would play a major factor.  I will note, if you notice someone doing that kind of maneuver... you and your studio mates should flog the avatar who is deliberately weakening themselves, so you can share in the bounty.  :)

• jancan likes this
In love with my Baby.

#12 Studdy

Studdy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUtica, MI USA
  • Character:Studdy
  • Studio:Sophie's Studio

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:22 AM

How about a SALE on a Diamond package ---- SOON!  We go through a LOT in the temple convention task!

Don't they want to sell more diamonds, anyway?

#13 MelisaA

MelisaA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Character:MelisaA
  • Studio:Melisas Lounge

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:45 AM

As one of my team member said about this convention temple: "this game or at least this server is going to hell anyway why not push it to the limits to speed up the process?"

Why not to make a temple task only for diamond buyers. 1 spend diamond = 1 temple point.

#14 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:04 AM

How about a Skill Point Acquisition Temple?

Every single SP won from a movie, voting mission, dickstarter mission, party or success counts as 1 point.

Temple-won SP can't count of course.

This would be one hell of a hard temple to manipulate.

And it would create pretty equal chances level-wise.

The only dis/advantage I see would be due to film trophies.

But trophies influence every other temple anyway if based on energy/films/courage.

• zile and jancan like this

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#15 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

On Nutaku, you can buy energy for diamonds, Analis. I am afraid that would still be a temple that can be purchased there. But elsewhere it certainly is an interesting suggestion.

In love with my Baby.

#16 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 13 July 2018 - 13:45 PM

How about a SALE on a Diamond package ---- SOON!  We go through a LOT in the temple convention task!

Don't they want to sell more diamonds, anyway?

Nutaku has a sale going on starting today. But UK1 does not. I am unsure if that was by design.

In love with my Baby.

#17 mzharmony

mzharmony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Character:mzharmony
  • Studio:bros and hoes

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:59 AM

besides for the selling temple and buying skill points temple (which we haven't had in awhile) the rest are getting boring and draining. something other than convention (ewww), collecting items and skill/fighting/time mission based would be good, something fun so it doesn't feel like a task or chore cause in all honesty, its not fun, this is a game and it should be fun not draining. 

• Analis, jancan and Andrea6969 like this

#18 Tuddy

Tuddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Character:Tuddy

Posted 07 September 2018 - 15:58 PM

Have not had a chance to look at all the responses so forgive me if I'm repeating. If no new options would be available, what about doing multiple temple tasks at the same time. Especially for the convention weeks that no one loves. Not everyone can make the times that are posted for the conventions.

So maybe have the convention task, but also have a secondary task that you can do as well. 

I'm more so getting at having more than one option of gathering points throughout the week. Wouldn't have to be every week, but something to change up how points are gathered.

Also for the dueling task, not giving full points or any points at all for searching weaker opponents. Making you earn your points instead of picking on new accounts that never did anything other than making an account and that's it. You would get a percentage of glory points that you would normally get. 

• jancan and Shannon2 like this

#19 jancan

jancan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 16:00 PM

all the ideas are good , we could have hunting ones more fun  like finding panties , lace 3 points , red 2 points , yellow 1 point  the guys would work hard on this one  lol  but really we could have buying skill points more this one is lost somewhere .

and Caipt c  your dad was right bigger is not always better it's how long  the big can last  ;)

• Analis and Tuddy like this

#20 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:38 AM

How about a Skill Point Acquisition Temple?

This would be one hell of a hard temple to manipulate.

And it would create pretty equal chances level-wise.

On Nutaku, you can buy energy for diamonds, Analis.

I am afraid that would still be a temple that can be purchased there.

But elsewhere it certainly is an interesting suggestion.

My penny didn't drop the last time I read this.

Point taken but... You can buy ANY temple in Nutaku if you can buy energy.

So I'm not so sure if this is actually a valid point to say no for?

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users