• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 07 July 2018 - 21:53 PM

Ok, this is basically a nit but it drives me crazy from time to time, and this is one of those times. Pardon the ranting. (You have been warned.)

My studio has three energy trophies. At reset, my energy counter reads 160/160. Meaning I have 160 energy left of the 160 that I have for the day.

I burn all that energy, and pay notes for a refill.  My energy counter reads 50/160. Bollocks!  It should read 50/210.

If I then use an achievement reward that gives me 29 energy, it reads 79/160. Rubbish! It should read 79/239.

Why are trophies treated specially? If you are going to ignore energy rewards, you should ignore trophies, too! Everybody's energy limit should be set to 100 and you can turn an entire variable into a constant!! You could save 64 whole bits per player! There's nothing wrong with starting the day at 160/100 energy, after all.

Gee, just think, that 'have i used one refill or two?" question could actually be answered with accurate information!! Is it THAT hard to add energy rewards and refills to the 'energy available today' counter?

• DildoKing, mel25 and Emerald3 like this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#2 jasmine45

jasmine45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 05:29 AM

The web version at least tells you how many refills are left. The mobile browser version does not even do that. I have to guess how many refills are left based on the price I pay - since each successive buy increases in price.

#3 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 08 July 2018 - 11:53 AM

What you say is true, Jasmine. But note that the web version only tells you that information when it is relatively useless... ie, when you are already buying another refill.

Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#4 mhunter69

mhunter69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA
  • World:UK2
  • Character:MHunter69
  • Studio:Wicked Eden

Posted 08 July 2018 - 18:41 PM

It's easy to lose track on which fill is being used with the computer or mobile website.  There needs to be an easier way to know which fill the avatar is on.  Maybe should either increase the energy count or put 1 2 3 4 near the energy count.  Once hit the first fill, the 1 lights up then so on.  I'm not fond of trying to do the films on the phone as well.  It's difficult to know where the time count is at as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: energy, counter, bad math

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users