• PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 29 March 2018 - 14:48 PM

OK, Playata. You got me.

With a 2 hour convention and limited play time today, I couldn't bear the thought of missing two hours of farming. So I bought Polyamory again.

I regretted that choice almost immediately, trying to get my missions launched. 

It is hard for me to say just how much I detest the polyamory interface. It makes the cardinal sin of trying to guess which screen I want to be on, for which active mission -- and guessing wrong, consistently. So I am always clicking on one button, thinking I am pressing for the other.

Sounds don't play when the 'offscreen' mission or show ends. That means I lose time with missions/shows sitting idle, because I don't realize something has finished. This confusion is not helped with the icon for the convention show. It shows the time remaining in the convention, instead of what I want to know, which is the time remaining in the current show.

May I suggest, if a convention show and a regular mission are running simultaneously, just expand that mission information screen, and split it to show both simultaneously, with two 'spend diamonds to speed' up buttons.  Put the battery icon on each side, so we can pick which mission to speed up. When either ends, play the appropriate sound.

If you must, put two tv ad icons in there, too... but arguably, you could speed up both missions with one ad, we just made you money after all.

When a mission ends, leave that split screen up, with the 'open overview map' icon in the appropriate side.

When a show ends, leave that split screen up, with the 'start a convention mission' icon.

• Yibbies and BigBadWolf like this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#2 Yibbies

Yibbies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Yibbies
  • Studio:Bros & Hoes

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:41 AM

It is hard for me to say just how much I detest the polyamory interface. It makes the cardinal sin of trying to guess which screen I want to be on, for which active mission -- and guessing wrong, consistently. So I am always clicking on one button, thinking I am pressing for the other.

Sounds don't play when the 'offscreen' mission or show ends. That means I lose time with missions/shows sitting idle, because I don't realize something has finished. This confusion is not helped with the icon for the convention show. It shows the time remaining in the convention, instead of what I want to know, which is the time remaining in the current show.

I've only done the polyamory once at it's premiere, and haven't been a fan of it ever since for this very reason...

#3 CaitlinCumgusher

CaitlinCumgusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • World:UK2
  • Character:CaitlinCumgusher
  • Studio:SEXY REBELS

Posted 03 April 2018 - 00:29 AM

Well I do not like to judge something without at least giving it a try myself, this weeks temple challenge being conventions, I guessed being able to do regular missions and conventions at the same time would be a benefit to me, so I clicked on it, I have to agree the interface is somewhat annoying in the way CaptC described, but the overall idea I think is rather good when you are time poor, or in a case like this week with conventions, would I do it again? in a similar case YES, but on a regular basis NO

#4 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

...I used to work with a usability group, who took program interfaces and tested them with users to find improvements. It makes me crazier than most when interfaces get in the way. 

So, I agree Caitlin, I might be over-reacting. What are minor annoyances to others are full blown design gaffes to me. They not only get in the way, they offend my professional experience.  :)

• CaitlinCumgusher likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users