Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Locationuk
  • World:UK2
  • Studio:deep balls 96

Posted 20 December 2017 - 21:02 PM

some time ago 1 of my studio members had their account hacked and in order to keep their diamonds bbe 'had to change her name.' the name they gave her was a male name which she hates and has been trying to get it changed to a girly name or preferably her old name. seems bbe dont care too much about her feelings as they wont let her change her name even tho they changed it to a name she hates so much. makes u wonder why we give them so much money for diamonds (well some of us do) when they dont care a crap about support or anything

• DildoKing and Eileendover like this

#2 DildoKing

DildoKing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationCaribou, Maine, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:DildoKing
  • Studio:Erotic Dreams

Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:40 AM

I do wish there was a way to change your name in this game even if it cost diamonds to do it.

• Eileendover likes this

f0A0Ck5.png

#3 john1851

john1851

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:04 AM

good thinking i have tried this topic before should be a easy change you can change email or studio name so how hard could it be to add a one time name change and sure charge diamonds for it . 

• ivorbigun likes this

:)  ;)  :P

#4 ivorbigun

ivorbigun

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 21 December 2017 - 17:25 PM

would be even better if them in charge would give a name the player actually liked. just goes to show they dont give a crap about us paying for their champagne and cocaine

#5 ineh

ineh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

I'd like to change my name, too.  I don't care if the old name is still tied to the character.  Just a way to change the screen name or something like a nickname.  I just don't care to see that name as much when I log on.  Debating on retiring the character mainly because of the name.  It doesn't appeal to me anymore.  If a studio can change their name, why can't a player change theirs?

#6 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 22 December 2017 - 16:37 PM

I understand in the case of trouble-makers, having a self-serve name change option would make it difficult for those they've abused to keep track of. Beyond that, I don't see what's so difficult.

"Dear <player name>,

Your character name/ film title must be change because <reason>. Please reply by ( a date something like 1 week in the future) in the following format.

I would like my new name/ title to be "REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH NEW NAME/TITLE"

Note: Please double-check spelling and capitalization. names and titles that violate our terms of service (linked) will be assigned a name/title randomly. For further support, (support information & keyword)

*That last bit for people that didn't find their mail in time, because not being a total DB is a better way to roll.

Just a casual now

#7 ivorbigun

ivorbigun

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 22 December 2017 - 18:41 PM

problem with support is they are so unsupportive. they are a total waste of time which is why i went over their heads and contacted playata direct

#8 ineh

ineh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 19:02 PM

If they are worried about troublesome players changing their names, then only allow a name change after every 100 levels or playing so many days or some kind of time frame.  Maybe don't allow a player to change their identity too much but at least allow an established player to have the option to change their name at least once in a while.  I've had the same name for over a year and over level 350.  It would be nice to have a chance to change the name now that I know more about the game.  I'm not saying to take the name away but at least have the option to have it not be the dominant name being seen as the player.

• ivorbigun likes this

#9 john1851

john1851

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 22:52 PM

just one time for a name change would be good enough , i would have no problem spending diamonds for a name change after all spending diamonds keeps the game going so why not grab some more .

#10 john1851

john1851

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 23:07 PM

o and i have sent a lot of support tickets on the name change and like all tickets no help from support , not sure what they even do support has no answer to anything 

#11 ineh

ineh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 22:41 PM

It would be nice if there was some kind of answer from support or the developer to know if they are looking into this rather than just seeing the same.  I wouldn't care if it was just a one time deal either.  Just would be nice to have the option.  If it takes diamonds plus so many other options to unlock it, so be it.  Just would be nice to have the option at least once.  I'm not interested in giving this character over to another.  Just like to change the name so it would be more fun to play.  Ineh as a name is not a good name.  It was done with poor judgement.  Like to have another chance to make the character fun.

#12 ivorbigun

ivorbigun

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:05 AM

i think we all know the devs are only interested in getting money in. as long as they can have their cocaine and champagne they are happy!

#13 ineh

ineh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:29 AM

Well, this post is getting some views put not enough people to say that they would like the option to change.  Admins did John1851 wrong with giving her that name.  The character was close to what she had at least but haven't found a way to modify the name or looks like don't care?  This post has gotten almost 200 views now and still no mod or someone that looks to have read this post in a while.  They have ways to give players certain bonuses at different levels.  Why not a one time change at least at some level?  Mistakes happen here and there.  Why not give a chance to make right for that mistake like the name?  Players that reach a certain level, give or take, can't hide very well.  Could even give the player a different highlight in the rankings to show that they changed their name or something to have it stand out so people know that they were someone else.  There are ways to make it known.  Word gets around, too.

#14 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:10 AM

Well, you now have a moderator response.  It's not that this request hasn't been read... but it has been made many times before. This is far from the first time for this request. I have no reason to think this time, we will get a different response.  I don't know why it is apparently difficult to implement, but apparently it is.

As far as I know, the only way to get a name change is through support. I would suggest that if the original ticket has been closed, re-open it stating the desired new name, and expressing dissatisfaction with the assigned name. Don't take no for an answer, but you will always get better results if you remain polite and courteous.

I can escalate the request internally, but I don't know if that will help or not. Send me a private message with the original ticket number about the problem, also including the desired NEW name for the character. I will see what I can do, but I can make no promises.

• Eileendover likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#15 ivorbigun

ivorbigun

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 08 January 2018 - 20:06 PM

they (the devs) changed the name as u can see in john1851's post her name was jan28. if they can change it from jan to john then surely they can change it back. its just a bunch of people being awkward quite frankly

#16 ineh

ineh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 22:37 PM

I submitted a ticket asking them to look into this matter as an added feature for the game to keep people playing.  I'm still debating on retiring this character over the name.  She is mine and mine alone.  Thanks, CAPTC for the suggestion

#17 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe Isle of drublic
  • Character:BigBadWolf
  • Studio:The Pirate Alliance

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:35 AM

How to implement a name change for a unique identity that is referenced externally by other data

// First load in the data of the old entity

Select Record Where PlayerName = "PlayerName"

For each [Field] in Record {

$TempVar(FieldName) = Record[FieldName]

}

// Then Duplicate the data and create a new entity

Create New Record["newPlayerName",$TempVar(FieldName),...$TempVar(LastFieldName)] ;

// then reassign referenced data to the new entity

For Each external Table/Database that references PlayerName {

If Field(PlayerName)="PlayerName" then Field("PlayerName")=Field("newPlayerName")

}

// then

Delete Record [ "PlayerName"]

Edited by BigBadWolf, 09 January 2018 - 08:37 AM.

#18 ivorbigun

ivorbigun

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 09 January 2018 - 19:39 PM

How to implement a name change for a unique identity that is referenced externally by other data

// First load in the data of the old entity

Select Record Where PlayerName = "PlayerName"

For each [Field] in Record {

$TempVar(FieldName) = Record[FieldName]

}

// Then Duplicate the data and create a new entity

Create New Record["newPlayerName",$TempVar(FieldName),...$TempVar(LastFieldName)] ;

// then reassign referenced data to the new entity

For Each external Table/Database that references PlayerName {

If Field(PlayerName)="PlayerName" then Field("PlayerName")=Field("newPlayerName")

}

// then

Delete Record [ "PlayerName"]

lets all do that!

#19 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 09 January 2018 - 19:42 PM

I am an ex-programmer myself. I don't see the difficulty, but I also don't know the code or database architecture.

I doubt "lack of basic programming ability" is the actual problem. (lol) So I am not going to pass along pseudo-code. I think that would ultimately be counter-productive.

Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#20 ivorbigun

ivorbigun

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 09 January 2018 - 19:47 PM

lets all become programmers and do that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users