• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • World:UK2
  • Character:CaitlinCumgusher
  • Studio:SEXY REBELS

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:19 AM

Hiya everyone,

One of the great things about BBE is meeting people from all over the world, learning different cultures and things like that, a recent chat with a friend in my studio I mentioned a classic Aussie takeaway meal, only to find others were a bit shocked at it, though here it is quite normal.

A Works Burger...

A bun, with lettuce, tomato, fried onion, beef patty, beetroot, pineapple, fried egg, bacon, cheese and tomato sauce.

So I was wondering is there a classic dish that seems unique to you?

#2 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:33 AM

Hey CCG,

Hiya everyone,

One of the great things about BBE is meeting people from all over the world, learning different cultures and things like that, a recent chat with a friend in my studio I mentioned a classic Aussie takeaway meal, only to find others were a bit shocked at it, though here it is quite normal.

A Works Burger...

A bun, with lettuce, tomato, fried onion, beef patty, beetroot, pineapple, fried egg, bacon, cheese and tomato sauce.

So I was wondering is there a classic dish that seems unique to you?

You could remove any 3 items from the Works Burger and still have a great burger.  "It's almost too big to eat."  That's what she said. (smug)

In Texas, we have something unique-ish to our locale, and that is Barbeque (BBQ) Smoked Brisket. That is not say it is not done elsewhere, but when done right, it is legendary.  It can be served on a bun with pickle chips, onion, and sauce, or as a meat plate entree with a couple of side dishes (like coleslaw or potato salad)... just don't forget the sauce!

-TB (flower)

• CaitlinCumgusher likes this

#3 CaitlinCumgusher

CaitlinCumgusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Character:CaitlinCumgusher
  • Studio:SEXY REBELS

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:48 AM

Tara,

There is a show on TV here called BBQ pitmasters, a american show, and it is amazing how different a BBQ is between the USA and Australia, here it is like we throw a few snags, a steak and some rissoles on the barbie, fry it for a bit then eat, all done within like 10 mins or so, but watching that show I saw over there with the brisket it is like smoked for 10 hours or something like that, and they are really passionate about their secret rubs and sauces they add to it, I will have to try the American style BBQ one day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users