• PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • World:UK2
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

Hello community,

This is the place to discuss anything and everything related to: Patch Notes 2017.10.31

Per the notes:

New Features
General
• A new success has been added for Camp 69
• Camp 69 now hosts a convention
• A new item set can be obtained as reward for the Burning Bernie Party
• Only 21 films are needed now to maximize the frequency the film will appear in the voting for the awards
• The energy storage is now available starting level 10 

And if you see anything unusual - please report it here.   (smug)

Thanks,
-TB  (flower)

#2 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

At least I am smelling a return to the former / fairer (did I say fairer?) (smug)... lunacy of BBA decorum.

Thank you game devs.

-TB (flower)

RE: • Only 21 films are needed now to maximize the frequency the film will appear in the voting for the awards

#3 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 13:20 PM

I already commented on BBAs becoming more open and fun again (Yay!) in a different thread, but I also appreciate the addition of new wardrobe collections for Burning Bernie and Halloween (+ another one that can be purchased at Wanda’s). New collections are always welcome. :)

The one thing I’m not so happy about is that the new party collection is part of Burning Bernie. That party yields the worst rewards in terms of experience, notes and epic items. It was hard for me enough to complete the original collection, since I didn’t have luck in finding the last remaining item. I actually completed the other party collection first. Now I have to go back to Bernie, which I don’t visit at all since I completed the original collection (I prefer to go to the Whiplash Party), and do it a million times again to get all the new items...

Unless they can be acquired by defeating the minor bosses, I expect to win the old items many times instead of the desired new ones, which will only worsen the odds of completing the new collection quickly. I think it would have been better if a completely new party was introduced for the new collection. Or at least there should be an option before you start the party to chose what collection are you playing for. It could be branded and incorporated into the story as a separate party within Burning Bernie, just like there are multiple stages of different genres at music festivals/dance parties.

Edited by Amberson, 31 October 2017 - 13:48 PM.

• TaraBing likes this

#4 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 31 October 2017 - 15:44 PM

Is the exposure thing for films in effect right now? If not, when exactly does the change take place? I would presume after the current BBA cycle is done, but it's never safe to assume anything. 

Just a casual now

#5 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 31 October 2017 - 16:25 PM

Hi Ei,

Is the exposure thing for films in effect right now? If not, when exactly does the change take place? I would presume after the current BBA cycle is done, but it's never safe to assume anything. 

I am thinking this week's BBA distribution / presentation ratios were already made.  So we are not likely to see the effect until BBA voting for week of Mon Nov 6 through Sun Nov 12, 2017.

-TB (flower)

#6 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 31 October 2017 - 16:30 PM

Someone in my NU studio that has trophies said they were not seeing our films, but that could just be horrible luck, I guess

Just a casual now

#7 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 31 October 2017 - 16:38 PM

If it is delayed... 

Someone in my NU studio that has trophies said they were not seeing our films, but that could just be horrible luck, I guess

... that would make sense.  Unless the opposite was true, in that YOU were the BIG BAD STUDIO with all the movie trophies last week, and the changes have been made immediate and now you don't see your movies like usual.  :S

-TB (flower)

#8 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 31 October 2017 - 17:32 PM

lol, I kind of think we were. I did get a win before the change. will always be happy for that, but I'm glad to see this change. Extra films help us enough in other ways

Just a casual now

#9 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 18:50 PM

I’m sure it will take effect in next week’s voting. The exposure rates for this week were already set before the update. Looking at the Top 10 on UK2 right now confirms this to me, since there are once again mostly players from studios that had the most trophies last week.

My studio was actually able to finally grab a new trophy for every day of the week too (previously, we rarely got one even for a single day), so it would kind of be bad luck on our part if the changes wiped away all the higher exposure that we ardously fought for in multiple carefully selected and scheduled fights. At the same time, there is one studio that continuosly holds 3 film trophies and last week even had a fourth one for 2 days, so despite my extra visibility I doubt I will be able to compete with their players for the top spots.

#10 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 31 October 2017 - 21:43 PM

The rotating trophy strategy (lose one, take one) works very well with movie trophies.  :)

Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game changes, patch notes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users