• PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • World:UK2
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:55 AM

Hello community,

This is the place to discuss anything and everything related to: Patch Notes 2017.10.10

Per the notes:

New Features
General
• 7 additional hair colors are now available
• The colors for eye brows and beards can now be changed independently
• All players, who have unlocked "Camp 69", now have access to new items in the Sex Shop - including a new item pattern collection.

Trophies
• 5 new film trophies have been added

Maintenance
General
• An error has been fixed, which caused the game to crash after the participation in a convention.
• Several smaller issues have been fixed

And if you see anything unusual - please report it here.  (smug)

Thanks,
-TB (flower)

#2 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

Per the notes:

Trophies
• 5 new film trophies have been added

We'll have to see how these new (5) Movie-Making Trophies plays out - but before then...

Hats off to Dirty Thirty for holding the entire Top-10 Rankings in BBA earlier on Monday Oct 9 with 1 day of voting complete.    (smug)

-TB (flower)

#3 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:08 AM

If they didn't revoke the extra exposure, then this doesn't resolve the current problem with the BBAs. It might even deepen it...Now the 2 best studios can easily hold on to at least 2 film trophies each, with some of the other top studios also having their own trophy and being less motivated to attack those best studios. For everyone else outside this elite club, it will be hard to even get to the Top 100 with their covers from now on...

#4 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:24 AM

Hi Amberson,

If they didn't revoke the extra exposure, then this doesn't resolve the current problem with the BBAs. It might even deepen it...Now the 2 best studios can easily hold on to at least 2 film trophies each, with some of the other top studios also having their own trophy and being less motivated to attack those best studios. For everyone else outside this elite club, it will be hard to even get to the Top 100 with their covers from now on...

You're probably right, on all counts. (smug)

-TB (flower)

• mel25 likes this

#5 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 10 October 2017 - 13:35 PM

In Nutaku, the top two studios can already hold two movie trophies, and are attempting to do so. I will say that it is a strain, doing five movies a day. My studio has no real desire to gain a third one.

In UK1, the top two studios apparently do not agree that movie trophies are all that, and they let other studios have them.

I note that on both servers, the studios below the top two or three are much closer together in terms of strength. Taking on and keeping movie trophies is more problematic. Having more movie trophies around may make the studio fights more dynamic.

I agree that exposure is the real problem. If more trophies is the only part of this response, then essentially the developers are making movie trophies mandatory to compete in the BBA.

Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#6 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 14:36 PM

It's like that on UK2 as well. Two studios hold all 5 film trophies most of the time. Until now they could have been at least challenged by the other studios in their power range, but if there are more trophies to grab, it's easier to have your own without challenging anybody. I could see those two studios having 3 film trophies each and the other big studios having one. The power balance at the top will thus remain stable, which means it will be easier to defend those 3 trophies against potential challengers, that might not even be motivated to steal some them. At the same, the subtop studios will still be unable to disrupt the hegemony of the top studios that will continue to attract all the best players.

Nevertheless, with more trophies, the studio fights might indeed become more dynamic and strategical. Ocasional wins of a subtop studio against a top one may start to occur from time to time, when a top studio loads more trophies on their shoulders than they can carry. Trophies might also appear more regularly in the subtop rankings section and be used for strategic purposes in the battles for 11th-20th position.

And as you said, doing 5-6 films a day can become pretty straining over time, so maybe the top studios will eventually get tired of the trophies. Although even if that happened, I still don't like the fact that holding film trophies and doing extra movies is now a necessity to be successful in the BBAs.

Edited by Amberson, 10 October 2017 - 14:38 PM.

#7 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 10 October 2017 - 19:39 PM

Two studios hold all 5 film trophies most of the time.

Until now they could have been at least challenged by the other studios in their power range.

I could see those two studios having 3 film trophies each and the other big studios having one.

Your reasoning would be correct if you wouldn't play in UK2.

I've mentioned this before: apart from 3 studios in the top there is no real interest there in holding film trophies.

2 other top studios simply don't go for them, as they fear the penalty and ensuing loss of glory.

I can't speak for the 2 other top studios but I see no race for film trophies there either.

And when we've passed those 7, we already meet the sub top.

When these new extra film trophies make their way up...

I'm hoping to see a little more bravery.

Both in the top 7 and below it.

But I'm not counting on it.

I still don't like the fact that holding film trophies and doing extra movies is now a necessity to be successful in the BBAs.

It actually takes a little bit more than that.

Both the previous and current running week B&H had more film trophies and thus a larger exposure % than D30.

We all know how that is working out. 

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#8 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 20:22 PM

Burning Girls don't go for the film trophies, but Little Devils and deep balls 96 did show some effort in the past. Maybe they got demotivated eventually, because they couldn't hold them and every time they lost a film trophy, it also cost them a lot of glory.

And if diamonds are also starting to be a decisive factor, then it's all the worst. But I think it's all connected. If the competition in the final days was wider, it would have been harder to influence the vote through diamonds. But if you are able to vote for most of your teammates on Sunday and also against a very limited competition, while everyone else is eliminated at that point, then it might be tempting for those who have the vast amounts of diamonds at their disposal to use them. Also, I think many people lost interest in the voting because of the way things are and they don't do ballot missions on purpose anymore. They might actually even actively avoid those kind of missions. Since less people vote, spending diamonds gives you more power over the final result.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game changes, patch notes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users