• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 16 July 2017 - 00:38 AM

Keeping things on a positive note, it occurs to me that it would be good for the benefactors of this game and the players alike if experience from convention shows were greatly boosted. I mean to the tune of something like 4 or 5% of  level regardless of level per show. That way, in an hour long convention, you could expect to gain one full level by staying for the entire hour and people who wish to spend a lot of diamonds could maybe get 2 or 3.

• JENNIFER likes this

Just a casual now

#2 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:04 AM

There is a big split in BBE between people who want to gain experience versus people who want to build skills. Huge experience rewards anywhere in the game will be quite disruptive to the current balance between those groups.

Whether that balance is good or bad or unintended is open to conversation.  But I guarantee huge experience rewards, on the order of a level a convention, will make a significant number of people very unhappy.

I agree that conventions are not ideal, but I don't think this is the way to fix them.

• JENNIFER and tsunada like this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#3 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 16 July 2017 - 16:30 PM

Hmm, well, they could always add more notes too so players can keep up their skills. If not in conventions, then somewhere else. Maybe parties or duels or maybe just an across the board increase for all missions.

The most common complaint I see about the conventions is that it's a diamond investment with no significant return. Myself, I seldom throw my diamonds at it. really only if I am top 10 in the last minutes by other means. I do the shows for the temple stuff and whatever hand-out it gives and the bit of energy.But as far as temple goes, I've had studio mates more than once advise that rather than toss diamonds at a con to earn studio diamonds, just donate the diamonds direct (assuming people have purchased ones) When it's temple, I usually run the shows without throwing diamonds and give some to studio too

Just a casual now

#4 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 16 July 2017 - 21:44 PM

And Conventions are a BIG time-investment too (or time-waster some might say)... because you really need to be hanging out for 90 minutes to 2 hours to do well, and if you're NOT a diamond spender, best you'll finish is TOP-20, well outside the TOP-10 where all the cool-kid prizes are at.  And if that's the best you can do on a "slow" convention... imagine the rage that instantly consumes you when you narrowly miss out on getting anything (item-wise, or energy-wise) because it was "too slow" of a convention and not enough fans were generated.

Although I must admit, the most recent conventions have been "a hit" (translate: successful, reaching fan threshold with still an hour to go) I'm just not in love as much with the event in general as some players are... (smug)

-TB (flower)

#5 JENNIFER

JENNIFER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:09 AM

I agree with more out of conventions but not a level per convention (hour long)

Jennifer

• LAUREN likes this

#6 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 19 July 2017 - 19:12 PM

I worry about balance issues here.  Some players won't spend diamonds on conventions. Others spend thousands.  If the rewards for individual missions gets significantly better, the free spenders potentially turn into out of control monsters.

I might suggest that the rewards for convention shows be on a sliding scale.  The rewards would start higher than the present, but the rewards should scale downwards, much the same way that the number of visitors scales downward with more shows.

Doing 20 missions in an hour should overall provide a more reasonable return on for the time spent, but buying 800 missions in an hour should not overpower your avatar excessively.

• Eileendover likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users