• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 15 July 2017 - 21:24 PM

So… Another aspect of the update was the addition of two new sets.

For female players these are "Barbarian" and "Queen of the Jungle".

But although we're in the middle of convention-hunting-week...

I haven't heard of any player whatsoever to have seen one of those items yet?

• Yibbies and Donatela like this

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#42 Yibbies

Yibbies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Character:Yibbies
  • Studio:Bros & Hoes

Posted 15 July 2017 - 22:22 PM

Curious to know if and when these new sets of gear will be implemented in the conventions, and if the players will have their choice to select the new item sets, or the previous firefighter (top 10) and seargent (#1) sets... Everything I have accumulated so far in this Temple Convention week has been from the Birthday series, and I've already picked those items up in the shop...

...and on another note, will we ever see the return of previous sets, such as Out at Sea, Open for Anything, Party Tent Mix to name a few?

Edited by Yibbies, 15 July 2017 - 22:28 PM.

#43 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 23:08 PM

I saw the barbarian items as a prize in one convention before the Birthday special started. While it lasts, expect to see only the items from the corresponding Birthday collection as convention prizes... Maybe if there was also a regular convention somewhere outside Tellville, the barbarian and jungle items could appear too, but most of the conventions, if not all, will be part of the special until it ends.

In regards to the other sets.. I'm sure the holiday-themed ones (Pirate Day, Oktoberfest, Halloween, Christmas...) to return just like the Eastern set did. The one I'm not sure about is "Sexy Summer Games", if I remember the name correctly... I wasn't yet playing when it was introduced, but it seems like it was created to celebrate the Summer Olympic Games in Rio which of course will not repeat again. :) So either it becomes a regular summer thing regardless of the Olympics (this year, it could be tied to the IAAF World Championships) or we will have to wait for it's return till Tokyo 2020. :)
  • Yibbies likes this

#44 JENNIFER

JENNIFER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:36 AM

YaY!!!

Happy Birthday BBE!

Thanks for the Bling!

Jennifer,

Birthday Bunny

#45 Jillian

Jillian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 19:21 PM

Lol one guy has 4 studios on US2 server and 1 had 3 film trophies in one of his studios and 1 film trophy in another.. he has his other studios attack the ones so no one else can get the film ones... I just think its funny that they allow this..If you check the fight logs to those studios they just fight the same ones every time... 

#46 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:36 PM

So it's been a couple of days now since the movie-making trophies were introduced and things have shaped exactly like expected in the meantime...

I didn't know that there's gonna be 5 of those trophies and that each will have a 20% skill point penalty to them at first, so my initial prediction that the trophy will just end up in the No. 1 studio was wrong. But given the extra variables, it's not surprising at all that 4 out of 5 movie-making trophies on UK2 are currently held by the Top 8 studios.

The weaker studios got their chance to try them for a few hours (not much more to be said about the trophies than what has already been said here) and now they are at the top where they'll stay till the end of times.... The strong become stronger through the never ending spiral of success, like I said they would. Only now, that strong group has been extended by a few other studios that played second fiddle to the very best until now in terms of held trophies.

It couldn't have ended any differently, because in a game where the bigger fish eats the smaller fish, any reward always ends up at the very strongest fish who's interested in the reward. Since there are two or three studios that already have their set of trophies they concentrate on, the ones right behind them have seized the opportunity to get the new trophy. And even with the harsh penalties, there's not many other studios that are able to take it from them...

I'm not saying that those big fish don't deserve those rewards for their effort in the game, but if there ever was an intention with the trophies to give the tens of other studios a chance to fight for them, it failed miserably. This goal can be reached only by adding much more trophies into the game, perhaps also coupled with a special floating penalty that depends on the rank/average skill rates of a studio, so that the strongest studios wouldn't be interested in these kind of trophies and instead focus on the ones with fixed penalties (basically those they already posses now).

Edited by Amberson, 18 July 2017 - 12:50 PM.

#47 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 18 July 2017 - 23:58 PM

Hi Yibbies... 

...and on another note, will we ever see the return of previous sets, such as Out at Sea, Open for Anything, Party Tent Mix to name a few?

I wish we knew.  - TB (flower)

YaY!!!

Happy Birthday BBE!

Thanks for the Bling!

Jennifer,

Birthday Bunny

YAY!  *\o/*

Happy Circle Around the Sun!  Let's do it again.

Lol one guy has 4 studios on US2 server and 1 had 3 film trophies in one of his studios and 1 film trophy in another.. he has his other studios attack the ones so no one else can get the film ones... I just think its funny that they allow this..If you check the fight logs to those studios they just fight the same ones every time... 

Tut-tut, that ain't right.   :X

-TB (flower)

#48 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 28 July 2017 - 20:44 PM

Does anyone know if the +1 Movie-Making trophies stack?

• Has any studio held more than one at the same time?

• If they did, did they get to make +n more movies (example: 1 trophy +1 extra movie, 2 trophy +2 extra movies, etc)

• If they did, I am guessing the penalty stacks as well?  (example: 1 trophy -20%, 2 trophy -40%, etc)

-TB (flower)

#49 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 28 July 2017 - 21:09 PM

There was a studio that had two on the very first day.

They confirmed that the movie trophies stack.  2 trophies meant 5 films per day. Penalty was 40%.

• Eileendover likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#50 ivorbigun

ivorbigun

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Locationuk
  • Studio:deep balls 96

Posted 28 October 2017 - 17:44 PM

You dont need any trophy or a big bag of diamonds to win or end up high in the BBA 

You need members that do ballots and vote for their fellow studio members. (and you need some help from non studio players)

just a big bag of diamonds to refresh the films up for the vote!

Edited by ivorbigun, 28 October 2017 - 17:45 PM.

#51 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:04 AM

The following changes were deployed today (2017-10-31):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Only 21 films are needed now to maximize the frequency the film will appear in the voting for the awards

I'm really glad about this elimination of the unfair extra coverage bonus.

This is a good day for the BBAs ànd the game in general.

• Amberson and dparadise like this

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#52 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

Yes! Finally they listened to us. The BBAs we’ll be more open and fun again. :)

#53 vigreen

vigreen

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 13:52 PM

The article is quite detailed, I have some related information you can look through:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users