#21 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • World:UK2

Posted 11 July 2017 - 14:47 PM

You dont need any trophy or a big bag of diamonds to win or end up high in the BBA 

You need members that do ballots and vote for their fellow studio members. (and you need some help from non studio players)

Our members work hard and at the end of the day its the team effort that wins ...

I know that you don't need it, but it can certainly increase your chances... ;)

Just like when you have active studio mates who do ballot missions and vote for you.... Personally, I'm not a fan of this strategy, if it involves voting for team mates all the time, regardless of the look of their particlar covers and the competition that they are paired with... I wouldn't vote for a shitty cover just because it was made by someone from my studio. I see the BBAs as an idvidual competition based on personal effort and not as a team effort. But if everybody in the team tries to produce a nice looking cover, then sure, why not support each other... ;)

Edited by Amberson, 11 July 2017 - 14:47 PM.

#22 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 14:54 PM

I know what you mean. It's... cheap.

And what I was going for with what I said before (in short):

Of course trophies are fun. That's why we have and keep 5.

I don't think you need to worry about top studios going for the Film Trophy though.

It's too cumbersome and actually damaging to go for Film instead of Energy and Courage.

The best use for them actually seems to me to give smaller or less active studios a boost.

Or to make up for dormant or less active members during a Temple run.

It's a nice trophy, yup.

But not worth it to lose other stuff for it.

We will have to just wait and see how will things turn out and where the new trophies wind up... ;) Yesterday, I callenged a studio that currently has one of those trophies in its poseesion for 5 PM today. I expect us to win, so I'll get a chance to try it out for... 2 hours until a stronger studio takes it away again. :D

#23 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 11 July 2017 - 15:19 PM

Personally, I'm not a fan of this strategy, if it involves voting for team mates all the time,

regardless of the look of their particlar covers and the competition that they are paired with...

I wouldn't vote for a shitty cover just because it was made by someone from my studio.

What's more fun than voting for a friend's crappy cover?

And then giving him/her hell for it for a full week?

The friendliest favors are the ones you do, regardless of yourself.  :happy:

Yesterday, I callenged a studio that currently has one of those trophies in its poseesion for 5 PM today.

I expect us to win, so I'll get a chance to try it out for... 2 hours until a stronger studio takes it away again.

The big fish eat the small fish. Don't forget you're someone's big fish as well.

Or as someone utterly charming said it today: "aye we'll just lose it right away like always"

tsk tsk Amby, you bully.  :rolleyes:

• Donatela likes this

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#24 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 11 July 2017 - 15:19 PM

Not every studio and its members are concentrated on the glory rankings... Some care more about their individual progress. If they all progress quickly, the studio as a whole is strong and finds itself high up the glory ranking, but that doesn't have to be their main goal. I personally couldn't care less about being in a No.1 studio. If the second or third or fourth one allows me to level up more quickly and accomplish other personal goals of mine in the game, than I would  rather go there instead. Plus there is also the social aspect - in other words, the people who you play with... If you already know someone  and get along with them well, then it makes sense for you to want to play with them and not someone else with whom you don't have that connection...

I am well aware that there are many ways to play the game. And some very high level studios are not interested in glory rankings. But I will say, if you are in one of the top two studios, I will bet your studio leadership does care about the glory rankings. That is certainly true of the two servers I play on.

As Analis said, in fact if not by design these trophies aren't going to appeal to glory oriented studios... and that means others get the benefits. If you are a movie oriented studio, and don't care about glory, these are right in your wheelhouse.

These movie trophies are also going to be relatively dynamic, because it is easy to take them away. That will invigorate studios to challenge for them, livening up the studio fights.

So I still disagree, Amberson. My opinion is that the result you fear is on the studios that don't, won't or can't figure out how to play trophy chess, not on the top studios or the game designers. The only way these trophies end up concentrated in just the top studios is if no one challenges for them, despite the crippling combat penalty.

In any case, we will see. Should be fun to find out.   :)

• Yibbies likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#25 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 11 July 2017 - 16:10 PM

We will have to just wait and see how will things turn out and where the new trophies wind up... ;) Yesterday, I callenged a studio that currently has one of those trophies in its poseesion for 5 PM today. I expect us to win, so I'll get a chance to try it out for... 2 hours until a stronger studio takes it away again. :D

I am very very curious as to what happens here.

Can you only make a fourth movie while you hold the trophy?  Or does the ability, once conferred, last the whole day?  Please let us know!

And I am also very interested if multiple movie-making trophies stack. I assume so, but do not know.  Five movies per day? Six, anyone?  

In love with my Baby.

#26 Donatela

Donatela

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHolland
  • Character:Donatela
  • Studio:Bros and Hoes

Posted 11 July 2017 - 16:11 PM

Just like when you have active studio mates who do ballot missions and vote for you.... Personally, I'm not a fan of this strategy, if it involves voting for team mates all the time, regardless of the look of their particlar covers and the competition that they are paired with... I wouldn't vote for a shitty cover just because it was made by someone from my studio. I see the BBAs as an idvidual competition based on personal effort and not as a team effort. But if everybody in the team tries to produce a nice looking cover, then sure, why not support each other... ;)

For me when it comes to voting ... family first no matter how their cover looks.

When i got movies from 2 players outside our studio then design/looks makes the difference. 

Im glad the game still provides a different playing style for like minded people.

I hope no one ever gonna change that !!

• Analis and CaptC like this

Dona2017.gif

#27 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 16:51 PM

See, and this Fast & Furios “family first“ approach is one of the reasons why people who are not part of the family end up screwed, when they don’t make the first cut on Monday, although they have put as much effort as possible into a particular cover and movie making as a whole during the previous week... One’s concept of fun and loyalty ends up being another one‘s shattered dream. :P Then those people get frustrated and spam this forum with their endless rants. :D ;)

#28 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 16:56 PM

I am very very curious as to what happens here.

Can you only make a fourth movie while you hold the trophy?  Or does the ability, once conferred, last the whole day?  Please let us know!

And I am also very interested if multiple movie-making trophies stack. I assume so, but do not know.  Five movies per day? Six, anyone?  

We have the trophy now and there’s indeed a 20% skill point penalty. The counter already says that I can make another movie after the one hour limit expires. I only finished my third movie of the day a couple of minutes before 6 PM, so now I have to use the opportunity to start doing the fourth one before we lose the trophy at 7 PM. I don’t think that I will be able to do that movie once the trophy gets into someone else’s hands and don’t want to risk it and wait to find out whether I’m right or not... But I can ask someone from the studio if they were still able to do the fourth movie after we lost the trophy. ;)

And if we somehow did manage to win that upcoming fight and also any other possible fight that could happen tomorrow, we might have 2 of them, because I already challenged another smaller fish that has it now (as a bully with a golden heart, I did at least give them the opportunity to enjoy it until 7 PM, so they’ll have it for almost 2 days :)). It’s not very realistic that we will indeed have 2 of those trophies at the same time, but if it did happen by some miracle, I’ll post here about the effects... I expect a -40% skill points penalty and +2 daily movies.

A funny (and completely theoretical) thing would be if someone had all the trophies (I think there are five of them in total), which would mean that without the trophy penalty sticker, they would have zero skill points. :D

Edited by Amberson, 11 July 2017 - 16:58 PM.

• Analis, Yibbies and CaptC like this

#29 mel25

mel25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Character:Sophie34b
  • Studio:Sophies Studio

Posted 11 July 2017 - 19:26 PM

New trophy !! thats good ... one extra Film ? and you lose 20% skills in studio fights.....:(  

not worth time to develop a Trophy like this 

#30 mel25

mel25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Character:Sophie34b
  • Studio:Sophies Studio

Posted 11 July 2017 - 19:29 PM

I thought trophies were meant to REWARD a Studio and NOT PENALISE a Studio... 

Please challenge Sophies Studio 

and take this trophy away from us !!!

• Analis and LittleLola like this

#31 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 11 July 2017 - 19:38 PM

One of the studios on UK1 got two of the movie trophies randomly.  Their boss confirms that the trophies stack... he can make five films today.

• Yibbies and LittleLola like this
In love with my Baby.

#32 Sydney

Sydney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:35 AM

Honestly, I think the penalty for such a trophy is justifiable, and it's about time there was a trophy that was more difficult to hold on to. One complaint I've heard is that top teams just end up hogging all the trophies with no way of taking them off them... up until their inevitable loss of key players. So for me at least, I reckon the trophy penalty is a good thing. At least, if nothing else, there's a bit more to think about.
And who knows, if nobody wants a film trophy, it could be a perfect defensive tool, since of course the trophy you obtain from a studio is random. I mean, do you attack a studio, knowing getting the trophy is a possibility and risk obtaining it, assuming of course you have a trophy slot spare?

• CaptC likes this

#33 Rochu

Rochu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Character:Rochu
  • Studio:Striped Pantsu

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:23 PM

The boosts last a week, and are paid with studio diamonds. I think the energy one is a no brainer for an active studio.  If diamonds are scarce, the dueling one seems a bit weaker.

The movie trophies popped after the first fight.  Anyone know the penalty for them?

Would you mind elaborating your point of view on the "energy ones", well studio booster that reduces mission length please?

Seems like a rather useless boost for an active studio, spending 300 energy a day ain't too big of a challenge, and this booster would only reduce 30 minutes from 300 minutes of mission time.

#34 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:32 PM

1) 30 minutes may not be important to you, but other people may disagree.  

2) People who have multiple avatars on multiple servers save that half hour multiple times.

3) People who do NOT use all their energy now, effectively get more energy spent in the same time. Even the best studios have players with limits on how much time they can spend.

As always, YMMV. The cost of studio diamonds vs. faster energy use will depend upon each particular studio's resources and desires.

In love with my Baby.

#35 Rochu

Rochu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Character:Rochu
  • Studio:Striped Pantsu

Posted 12 July 2017 - 13:04 PM

Actually, since my 11 min mission was reduced down to 8 min, I believe it counts the 10% off before taking in calculation your own energy booster, making my 30 min inaccurate.

Also it seems to randomly display wrong numbers for mission times.

#36 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 12 July 2017 - 16:29 PM

Hi Rochu,

Also it seems to randomly display wrong numbers for mission times.

:S Might be a bug!

Would be good to know what should it read, and what does it actually read... to send to devs to correct if it is a genuine bug.

Do you have any snapshots to offer? 

Thanks for your contribution.  

-TB (flower)

#37 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 12 July 2017 - 16:47 PM

I noticed this morning that convention missions were claiming to last three minutes due to my mission booster. But with the studio booster, the convention missions were actually only taking two minutes.

In love with my Baby.

#38 Sydney

Sydney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 17:06 PM

The biggest advantage that I've noticed for the studio mission booster is for allowing more shows at conventions.
Also, yes, for some players, getting through 300 energy a day is easy, but I for example find that difficult, even more so when energy trophies are piled on top of that. That's not even mentioning doing conventions and/or parties. So I'm finding this booster pretty handy for now. To be honest, anything that reduces the amount of time you need to spend on this game is good in my view, after all, BBE is pretty time consuming if you want to get everything done before the reset :D 

Finally, like CaptC, I noticed the convention mission time saying 3 mins, then reducing to 2 mins upon doing a show. Didn't bother me since I knew already how long the mission would be, but it was certainly misleading, the information provided.

• Analis likes this

#39 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 12 July 2017 - 18:54 PM

I noticed this morning that convention missions were claiming to last three minutes due to my mission booster. But with the studio booster, the convention missions were actually only taking two minutes.

The biggest advantage that I've noticed for the studio mission booster ...

Finally, like CaptC, I noticed the convention mission time saying 3 mins, then reducing to 2 mins upon doing a show. Didn't bother me since I knew already how long the mission would be, but it was certainly misleading, the information provided.

:S That's got to be a bug.  Studio booster is 10% reduction in mission times but based on what you guys have stated, it appears to be giving an additional 33%, which is ODD in every sense of the word.

• At 6 full minutes, which is what Convention Showings would be without any boosting...
  • To get to 2 total minutes after boosters kick in would be 2/3rd reduction (66.6%)

If you have spent for your star's max personal boosters (at a cost of 99 personal diamonds for 7 days) for 50% reduction in mission times and also had the new Studio boosters set to ON (at a studio cost of 499 diamonds for 7 days) with their additional 10% for 7 days you would not get to 2 minutes, whether you stacked or multiplied...

• Stacked: 60% off (50+10) the 6 minutes would be reduced to 2.4 minutes total (2 minutes and 24 seconds, or 2:24)

• Multiplied: 55% off (50 + (50*10)) the 6 mins would be reduced to 2.7 mins total (2 minutes and 42 seconds or 2:42)

Are the seconds being dropped off?   :S

-TB (flower)

#40 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:53 AM

-20% to basic skills in studio fights on that movie trophy, if that's not already been answered. They will probably get around because of that. We wound up with one this morning.(early US time). Since I'd already made 3 movies for the day the night before, I immediately did another. I expect we won't hold it long so 4 movie night tonight, whew. A 3 hour one in progress  right now. Let you know after next week if it helped with BBA.

As far as the voting, I got a 4th a couple weeks ago with a layout and title the game spat out. all I did was changed outfit. I also see tons and tons of films that look like people put no thought at all into it when I vote. So a good placing is possible for anyone. I normally put some effort into one each week and then let the game fill up my film library with junk. But sometimes, they are just too ugly or stupid and I have to fix them the best I can with notes.

Just a casual now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users