• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 16 October 2017 - 17:56 PM

They are essentially a good thing for giving players something to focus on during those times when the next area or boss is a ways off. When I faded a few years ago, there were no DS tasks or temples and I'd downed a boss kind of early so I had had 25 levels before I even unlocked a new area. I hung for a while but eventually lost interest and lost my account and star for being away too long. That still doesn't mean there isn't room to improve these. So very often they seem to be at odds with other objectives, especially temple ones that are important for my contributions to studio. Naturally, I will prioritize studio goals over one of these tasks and usually also personal ones.

• TaraBing likes this

Just a casual now

#22 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 17 October 2017 - 00:17 AM

Hey Ei...

...  Naturally, I will prioritize studio goals over one of these tasks and usually also personal ones.

Teamplayer, you are.  I knew i liked you.   (smug)

-TB (flower)

• Eileendover likes this

#23 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 17 October 2017 - 00:20 AM

I came to that same conclusion a while back, Eileen. I refresh one that is experience reward into something else.  If there are any that reward skills, I will actually pay attention to those. The rest I ignore unless and until an exclamation mark appears.

That being said, I usually complete all of them pretty easily, just playing normally.

• Eileendover likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#24 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 17 October 2017 - 00:43 AM

Same here...

That being said, I usually complete all of them pretty easily, just playing normally.

I tend to ignore D-starter quests, until the last hour.  Either I complete (most of them, not all of them) through regular gameplay (the movie missions are always the first to fall, if they are there), or I grab the low hanging fruit that are obtainable in the last hour.  I also never recycle for some reason.  Maybe I should - you get one free recycle per day, right?

It's nice to have them, but I too don't go out of my way to complete a D-start quest, (it's certainly not worth spending diamonds to complete any of them - ever).  (smug)

-TB (flower)

#25 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

Yes, you get one free dickstarter reset a day.

I use mine almost religiously. Very rare I don't get an experience dickstarter. Blech, ptooey.

In love with my Baby.

#26 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 17 October 2017 - 18:02 PM

The convention ones are frustrating right now regardless of reward on some servers, because of a completely different issue. Bubble watching! Everyone holding out, watching the pretty bubble and trying to get winning show, so the whole thing fails and you don't get your task done even though you stayed in the whole time. One reason a server wide chat would be useful. You could let people know that it really needs more people in. Might not work but you could at least try.

• TaraBing likes this

Just a casual now

#27 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 18 October 2017 - 15:22 PM

At any rate, I can confirm that life doesn't stop an it don't break the game if one of these tasks go undone. :P

Just a casual now

#28 familyfriendlyfelix

familyfriendlyfelix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:34 AM

Along with that, so often the reward is either very small or in some cases actually a loss of notes. Like using sewing machine 6 times in a  week for less notes than it cost to sew one common pattern. 

I assume you know this, but for lurkers I'll just suggest to use the cheapest item in your stash (or do a crappy mission for a cheap common item) to sew. The sewing will only ever cost as much as the sale price of the item. I found this out only after spending hundreds of thousands on sewing my good items - I realised I can just use a throwaway item and only pay $3000-$4000 instead of the $15'000-$20'000 I had been spending.
As for any Dickstarter task that only offers 1 skill point, it's pathetic. I skip them every time. I'm not collecting 27 autographs for one measly skill point. They should be coding DS the way they seem to code the films, and make it worth the time/energy spent on it, instead of it being completely random. It's so stupid and frustrating.

#29 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 06 November 2017 - 16:24 PM

I assume you know this, but for lurkers I'll just suggest to use the cheapest item in your stash (or do a crappy mission for a cheap common item) to sew. The sewing will only ever cost as much as the sale price of the item. I found this out only after spending hundreds of thousands on sewing my good items - I realised I can just use a throwaway item and only pay $3000-$4000 instead of the $15'000-$20'000 I had been spending.
As for any Dickstarter task that only offers 1 skill point, it's pathetic. I skip them every time. I'm not collecting 27 autographs for one measly skill point. They should be coding DS the way they seem to code the films, and make it worth the time/energy spent on it, instead of it being completely random. It's so stupid and frustrating.

A nice tip about the sewing machine. Thanks!

I, on the other hand, will happily collect 27 autographs for a skill point worth 425K if I had to buy it. YMMV.

In love with my Baby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users