• World:UK1
  • Character:SindyXtreme
  • Studio:GoGoDanzin

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:37 AM

I have no idea how the new films work.

I read the patch notes.

Can someone please break it down?

Are they timed now?

Edited by KatetheSpanka, 13 October 2015 - 08:15 AM.

zvQS8q5.png

#2 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:55 AM

You get a certain amount of FE (film energy) to start, which is consumed by doing the various types of missions.

It is timed, and your FE refills at 1 FE per minute.

You get film points for each completed mission, as well as a relatively small amount of notes and experience.

Once you've earned enough film points, your film is complete, and can be voted on during the Big Band Awards.

You get stuff for voting on others completed films.

The winner of the BBAs will be awarded a prize... each completed film is another entry to possibly win the prize...

• Becky Lynch likes this

APFXkym.png   

also BenDover on UK2

#3 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:58 AM

I don't like the part about it being timed.

Before I could go about my real life things.

Now I have to sit at the computer until the film is finished?

I want this topic removed, it duplicated itself.

zvQS8q5.png

#4 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:04 AM

That's true but we're talking maybe an hour at most... If you don't like the feature, stop doing films for a while and see what the player community thinks about the new method, or contact support and give feedback, if enough people have issues with it, they will change it...

• Becky Lynch likes this

APFXkym.png   

also BenDover on UK2

#5 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:08 AM

Yeah but like if I'm doing a movie and someone rings or comes over or I have to do something?

That's crazy.

I can't make a film now because I don't have the time.

The duplicate topic has been removed.

zvQS8q5.png

#6 Becky Lynch

Becky Lynch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • World:UK2
  • Character:BeckyLynch.
  • Studio:Champagne Room

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:16 AM

I want this topic removed, it duplicated itself.

I think I got everything merged so it is one topic now. ;)

I love the new Film Feature so far.... :)

• SindyXtreme likes this

Posted Image

Straight Fire!!

#7 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:17 AM

I don't like that it's timed.

zvQS8q5.png

#8 Needhelp247

Needhelp247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:04 AM

Really? The update adds an unnecessary timer which pressures people to stay logged on. SOME PEOPLE DONT HAVE THE TIME TO SIT THERE. And the 3 star rating system means anyone can make a good film. Its great but no longer can you brag about a 10 star film. The number of fans have also been reduced when you complete a film. Good luck to anyone trying to reach parties when your first starting out. Heh. What a terrible thing that this an update.
  • SindyXtreme likes this

#9 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:15 AM

Yeah, I hate that it's timed and I have a lot of time on my hands but not that much and I certainly will not be sitting at a computer for any amount of time if I'm busy in real life.
  • Becky Lynch likes this

zvQS8q5.png

#10 Becky Lynch

Becky Lynch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:41 AM

I just completed my first Film and I must say I like the new set up. I like the fact the film energy doesn't take away from my other energy and since you regenerate 1 film energy per minute it goes pretty quickly. My only concern is the failed missions but you just have to use that film energy wisely. 

One aspect I really love about this system is that films no longer dictate what I choose for my regular missions. Before I would have to sacrifice either notes or exp in order to get an item for my film....or in some cases use sex shop refreshes or the washing machine to complete a film. Those days are gone now.

I understand that the time limit issue may cause some concern but considering that you have the option to choose your time frame, as well as what time of day you want to make your film (when it is a convenient time for you) it is really not that big a deal. 

I am super excited about the Big Bang Awards! We now have a weekly event where we can win rewards if we make the top 100 and all you have to do to compete is complete atleast one 3 star film a week and then collect ballots on your regular missions.    (party)

Change is tough and this new film feature will take some getting used to but I do believe it is an awesome update!

• Fingerman and vixxx like this

Posted Image

Straight Fire!!

#11 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:51 AM

Well tonight I didn't have time to make a film and I'll have to choose a time tomorrow to make my first one.

I'm okay with the changes I just do not like that it's timed.

There's pluses and minuses with everything.

The timed factor is a minus in my opinion.

When I get around to making my first film then I'll give my feedback.
  • Becky Lynch likes this

zvQS8q5.png

#12 Needhelp247

Needhelp247

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:52 AM

Yeah thats great and all but many in my studio only log on for a couple of minutes and log off. And I'm not forcing them to stay and finish a film if they don't want to.
  • SindyXtreme likes this

#13 Becky Lynch

Becky Lynch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:18 AM

Yeah thats great and all but many in my studio only log on for a couple of minutes and log off. And I'm not forcing them to stay and finish a film if they don't want to.

So far the feedback I have gotten from members of our Studio has been positive.  Angelica had a good point earlier in the thread about contacting support and giving your feedback.  

• SindyXtreme likes this

Posted Image

Straight Fire!!

#14 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:35 AM

So far the feedback I have gotten from members of our Studio has been positive.  Angelica had a good point earlier in the thread about contacting support and giving your feedback.

Yes, I like that idea if all else fails, just see how it goes.
  • Becky Lynch likes this

zvQS8q5.png

#15 bettiepage

bettiepage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 17:25 PM

I was rather hoping the new film feature would be a little faster at getting fans.

I completed my first film, and I am very disappointed. Because of the time deadline i will now only be able to get 1 star films. The old way i was able to produce a film in a about 2-3 weeks depending on how lucky i got for those rare to find mission items.

When first starting my new film i liked how it gave me more than just exp, it was a great edition, but the time limit makes only players willing to spend diamonds to get past that first star able to make any decent videos.

so we get one chance a day to make a new film, with a time limit. so now casual players like me who only play a minute or two every now and then through out the day have very little chance at success with the new films.

#16 Jason777

Jason777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Jason777 - UK2 JasonXXX
  • Studio:Abusement park - UK2 TM

Posted 13 October 2015 - 18:16 PM

It's not a problem for me, I did it in like 10 mins (might have used a easy 1 but I hadn't seen it through)

ePUgNQJ.png

UK1 - Jason777

UK2 - JasonXXX

NU1 - JV676767

#17 Noxide

Noxide

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Character:Nox
  • Studio:Ecchi and Ahegao

Posted 13 October 2015 - 18:55 PM

I have been doing these new film missions as I do regular 15+ min missions.

Burn all your energy and then set a timer for 25-27 min and then come back and just repeat.

This way you don't have to sit there the whole time. You can also start it at a time when you can do this comfortably.

I find conventions worse frankly.
  • vixxx likes this

#18 Fingerman

Fingerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 18:59 PM

In the old way, I was able to produce a film every 3-4 days (depending). Today, on my first movie, I earned about a third of the fans. But I get to produce another movie in 8 hours. So, I should potentially earn more fans than I used to in the same 3-4 day period. 

I have not spent diamonds to get my 3 stars (except for movie title). I am a more-than-regular player, so I was able to take my time and pick tasks that yielded more points. I'm sure getting 1 or 2 stars will get you some fans, but if you're producing a movie every 2-3 weeks, then I can only imagine that this new way will eventually earn you more fans in the same time period. I can't say.

I like that I can now choose whichever missions I prefer and not have to choose the one that had a required movie item. I know that the ballots are hidden as mission prizes, though I have yet to figure if we will get a clue as to where they are.

Personally, I like the new movie system. 

• Cheyenne and Becky Lynch like this

#19 Tara

Tara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 19:47 PM

The new system is better - managed to get 3 stars on the first one, without spending any diamonds - just kept the game running in the background, poping in every several minutes to get another mission done. That's like literary 5 minutes in-game, if you do something else while waiting ;)

#20 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 13 October 2015 - 21:57 PM

I just don't like the timing part and that if you have to refill you have to use nine diamonds at a time and I only did that once.

One of my studio members films timed out and I don't think that they were very happy.

I'm assuming that you only have to remove your head gear until you've made the cover so it doesn't show up on the cover?

I'll see how I go before I form an opinion.

zvQS8q5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users