• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • World:UK1
  • Character:Dotje
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 08 September 2016 - 17:22 PM

At the moment we have several ways to communicate with other players in game:

• studio chat
  • producer's chat (only boss/producer's same studio)
  • private chat (one-on-one, only with other studio members)
  • mail

I would like to suggest another feature in communicating with other players: to be able to privately chat with more than one other player, if possible cross-studio. Such a chat group should have a temporary character, for instance when the last person leaves, the chat is closed.

I believe that such a chat will improve the interaction between players.

Looking forward to responses on this suggestion.

Dotje xxx

• AngelicaSynn, Cheyenne, Jason777 and 4 others like this

#2 Jason777

Jason777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Jason777 - UK2 JasonXXX
  • Studio:Abusement park - UK2 TM

Posted 08 September 2016 - 19:24 PM

I don't know how that will go, but I like the idea. I can't come up with a suggestion so I let others give some suggestions and better comments. For now, I think it's an idea to look after.

• Cheyenne likes this

ePUgNQJ.png

UK1 - Jason777

UK2 - JasonXXX

NU1 - JV676767

#3 Kurana

Kurana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Kurana
  • Studio:Tragically Malicious

Posted 08 September 2016 - 23:38 PM

That would be a neat feature. Group mails would also be a great addition to the game (I mean, sure studio mail, but it would be nice to be able to send a message with several recipients, much like an ordinary email). That would be good in case you need to send the same message to several people without copying and pasting and getting all messy. Indeed, if group emails would be implemented, that would perhaps be a way of having something like an inter-studio chat if all the people can see each other's messages.

At the very least, it would be great to have some way of creating separate studio chat channels (in case some studio members want to, say, get their kinks on without making the rest of us feel awkward). Chat rooms across studios might be trickier, but there should be some way of having chat rooms within studio chat at least, much like the present producer channel but say, chat1, chat2, chat3, or so following the same functions that already exist.

As usual, I should say that I am basically computer illiterate, and I have no clue if that would take thousands of hours of work to implement or be a matter of someone just doing a bit of lazy work on a Tuesday afternoon. The group message function might be a simple "chat room"-esque way of allowing better communication between players outside of studio chat.

• Cheyenne and Blackcat like this

#4 ScarletViper

ScarletViper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Character:ScarletViper
  • Studio:Viper Room

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:51 AM

Group mails are actually possible. Just tested it out to make sure. Just like in regular mail put a comma in between the recipients names and you can send a message to multiple people. It would be nice though if like in regular mail you could have a list of people to select from. In the case of this game it would be anyone in your friends list or studio. But I do agree having  a chat room feature where you could invite people in your studio or from outside of your studio to chat with would be nice. 

• Kurana and Blackcat like this

#5 Kurana

Kurana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Character:Kurana
  • Studio:Tragically Malicious

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:38 AM

Oh, thanks Viper. I guess you're never too old to learn something new.

#6 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • Character:CaptChrissy

Posted 09 September 2016 - 13:54 PM

If assistance is required to test out multi-person chat capability, I will volunteer.  :)

This feature would be very good for many reasons. Almost all of those reasons will make customers want to stay in the game longer. A further point or two:  

- Ignoring a player should prevent that player from trying to initiate a chat with you.

- Use of this feature should be free, without diamond cost. It is for customer retention, not a revenue stream.

Nice idea, Dotje!

• Cheyenne likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#7 Becky Lynch

Becky Lynch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Character:BeckyLynch.
  • Studio:Champagne Room

Posted 09 September 2016 - 16:38 PM

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I will be sure and pass it along. :)

Posted Image

Straight Fire!!

#8 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • Character:CaptChrissy

Posted 30 November 2016 - 21:19 PM

At the moment we have several ways to communicate with other players in game:

• studio chat
  • producer's chat (only boss/producer's same studio)
  • private chat (one-on-one, only with other studio members)
  • mail

I would like to propose a simple addition to this hierarchy, which would go a long way towards solving the problem I believe Dotje has in mind.  

Right now all the chats are non-optional.  If you are in the studio, or of the appropriate rank, you automatically see anything put into chat, including private whispers to you.

Add one more chat room - but one that players can control whether or not they see it. If three of your studio mates want to get frisky, they can turn on the optional chat and get frisky - without bothering folks that don't want to see it. 

• Gigi71 and Blackcat like this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chat, private chat, more people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users