15 replies to this topic

#1 StijfSletje

StijfSletje

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

Hey everybody,

at this very moment my character is at Level 62. I was killing it with the Duels and got Glory up to 9,500 (going on 10,000), but then I made some wardrobe changes and now I keep losing and losing, pushing me back down to 7,500. I'm not too worried about the Glory, but this made me wonder: what's the best strategy for dividing your stats?

Strength, Stamina, Charisma & Finesse are all greatly influenced by the different clothes that you wear. What do you feel is the best strategy for winning Duels? Do you keep all stats close to each other or are there one or two I should be really concentrating on?

• Ruby-Diamond and Cheyenne like this

#2 Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationKepler-452b
  • World:UK1
  • Character:Cheyenne
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:50 AM

In my opinion (and experience), the best strategy would be to concentrate your skills on finesse and charisma, then stamina and strength. Strength is the least important. I prefer charisma above all :)

So:

1. Charisma

2. Finesse

3. Stamina

4. Strength

Hope I helped :)

#3 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 16:34 PM

That's pretty accurate, but try to keep Strength at least 3/4 of Charisma, and Stamina near 4/5...

• Cheyenne likes this

APFXkym.png   

also BenDover on UK2

#4 StijfSletje

StijfSletje

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 18:01 PM

Thanks for the quick replies! I adjusted some clothes and try to keep your rules in mind, and already I'm winning more battles. :)

• Cheyenne likes this

#5 LadyMelisandre

LadyMelisandre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 13:40 PM

i prefer first Finesse,if you will be able to avoid is critic.....its gg xD

#6 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • Character:SindyXtreme
  • Studio:GoGoDanzin

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:09 AM

I'm lost, I thought that Strength and Stamina were the main ones to use.

zvQS8q5.png

#7 Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationKepler-452b
  • Character:Cheyenne

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:40 AM

When I started playing, I thought that too... But the last two are better, since you get the chance to make critical hits(charisma) and dodge your opponent's hits(finesse)... But you shouldn't neglect stamina and strength, cause without proper strength skill, your critical won't be high and without proper stamina, you can't take many hits... So, it's all kinda connected :)

• Johnnie likes this

#8 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 18:53 PM

Of every 6 points I buy or earn, I put 1 in Strength to increase my damage, 2 in Stamina to increase my Hit Points, 1 in Charisma to increase my Critical, and 2 in Finesse to increase my dodge... I'm not saying that's necessarily the best ratio, but so far, it works fairly well for me...

APFXkym.png   

also BenDover on UK2

#9 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • Character:CaptChrissy

Posted 27 December 2016 - 23:37 PM

I have written literally thousands of words on this topic for my studios, and I and my studio mates have run lots of tests. I am not going to repeat the entire analysis.  But best, theoretically and by test:

Charisma > Finesse >> Stamina > Strength

If you want to know more details than that - like suggested proportions - you will have to join one of my studios.

LOL

• Gigi71 likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#10 LovelyLisa

LovelyLisa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Character:LovelyLisa

Posted 12 January 2017 - 00:47 AM

I personally try to equal the stats out. I don't think there's any wrong ways on doing things.  The refinements will help more over the stats I believe. If you get ones that help with evade, missle damage, etc. 

#11 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • World:UK2
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 13 January 2017 - 23:10 PM

Nice to see this subject being revived from the mothballs...

Big Bang Empire (BBE) is first and foremost a "fighting game".  It doesn't seem like it with all the colorful surrounding story themes, and intricate paper doll clothing layouts, but at the heart of the game is an interesting dueling-battle system.  And that battling system determines winners based on probability of chance based on the stats you build into your player character.

SO, the answer to this question is really a matter of preference...  you cannot ask which stats are best, without first asking, which stats do I identify with as my "play-style"?

The duels are essentially boxing matches so lets determine your play-style and move on from there.  Do you build for mostly defense, mostly offense, or a blend of something in between?

There are 6 things that go into the composition of your skill stats...

1. Base stats  ·  the dispersible stat points you invest with using your earned skill points
  2. Items  ·  includes all the visibly worn, and non-visible items (including gadgets & missiles, see points 5 &  6 below)
  3. Boosters  ·  everyone should be replenishing their +25% Skill booster every 4 days at a minimum (costs notes, leave some around)
  4. Refinements  ·  these go a long way in defining your "play-style"  (and a couple chapters could be written about this subject alone)
  5. Gadgets  ·  in addition to providing plus stats for up to 4 skills, it also includes a "damage" stat that adds to your Strength skill
  6. Missiles  ·  another non-visible item, adds "damage" stats to your Strength skill only, this is the only skill-based item that depletes when used

No one person can tell you how you should build your character, as it is really based on how you want to play - but I can tell you this...

• If you like playing mostly offensively, build up your CHARISMA (smile icon).  You will deliver more critical hits.
  • If you like playing mostly defensively, build up your FINESSE (eyeball icon).  You will dodge more attacks.
  • And yet while you do this, you cannot ignore the other 3 statistics entirely, and more on that later.
  • Just be really strong in one or the other unless you choose to be more balanced.

One note on being balanced: There are some really good BBE players out there that believe being balanced is the weakest way to play as it gives you zero upside for one side or the other, and I would tend to agree with them.  For me, being balanced means you invite the most varied opponents to do battle with you; both the offensive and defensive types will see you as weak and both are likely to attack you.

When you are building your player character to lean one way or the other (offensively or defensively), there is a definite group of people that will decidedly avoid attacking you.

So while you are building up your CHARISMA, or your FINESSE, what do you do with the other 3 stats?

• You need to build up the other 3 stats (to some degree)... as you can't ignore them,
  • If one or more are too low, you risk being defeated by even a somewhat more balanced player.

DO SOME SKILLS GO BETTER WITH OTHERS?

The short answer is 'Yes'.  Let's look at some complimentary stats...

WHAT GOES WITH CHARISMA

Which stats are best to build up with CHARISMA?  Most will say STRENGTH. Charisma leverages your Strength points as a multiplier for when your critical hit does connect.  Also building up your STRENGTH in general, increases the floor for your attacks, which is never a bad thing, although most players typically invest in Strength last.

WHAT GOES WITH FINESSE

What about the FINESSE stat?  Because Finesse increases your ability to dodge, most people will say to increase your STAMINA, for when you do, this allows you to hang-around longer in the fight, and in theory allows you to dodge more attacks. You will likely be more susceptible to critical hits as well, so you need to be able to absorb some of those big crit-hits to stay in the battle.

DO NOT IGNORE THE OTHER STATS

The reason why you don't ignore the other stats is because if any one stat is TOO LOW, it becomes a deficiency that can be exploited.  If you don't have enough STRENGTH, your base hits won't amount to much.  Not enough STAMINA, and the fight is over before you know it.  Not enough CHARISMA, and your opponent can dominate the critical hit category, and likewise not enough FINESSE allows your opponent to dodge at will.

DID YOU KNOW?

What may not be apparent in the two base class stats for Charisma and Finesse is that your percentage to CRITICAL HIT, or DODGE is based on the difference between you and your opponents Charisma and Finesse numbers:

• All things being equal, if both you and your opponent have the same stat values in Charisma, than each of you will have a 10% shot at performing a Critical Hit.  Likewise, if you both have the same Finesse values, you have an equal 10% shot at Dodging.

• The percentages will quickly skew exponentially upwards for the player with the better stat and quickly downward for the player with the lesser stat (all the way down to 1% when completely dominated).

• This is the number one reason why so many players believe in stacking Charisma OR Finesse. And because of this, some players will priority rank their CHARISMA followed by FINESSE, or do the opposite of FINESSE followed by CHARISMA.  Either strategy requires having enough STAMINA to survive most battles, or banking on having enough STRENGTH to quickly end the battle.  As you can see, both these strategies are not a bad way to go.

In the end, you get to decide, and sometimes your articles of clothing and luck in refinement (that's another post for another time) will dictate which way you should go.

Above all, experiment.  Find your play-style and make it work for you.

Until the next - "put up your dukes, let's get down to it" post...

-Tara "hit me with your best shot" Bing    (flower)

PS: One final thought:  I have seen a slight advantage thrown to the player that invests in CHARISMA first.  For example: An equal amount of points spent with Charisma will be favored over an equal amount of points spent with Finesse.

Why is this you might ask?  I don't know for certain, but I believe it is the developers way of balancing the two skills as you can imagine, if both were at 100%, a 100% critical hit thrown at an opponent with a 100% dodge will always miss and the 100% dodger would win every time.

• The scenario just given (using 100% skills against each other) was the "mythical unicorn" battle.  It was used to illustrate a "what-if" example in explaining the slight edge given to Charisma players which is inherently programmed into the BBE battle system...

• Also to be clear it should be noted,100% for any stat is not achievable.   (smug)  

• Cheyenne, Analis, Yibbies and 1 other like this

#12 Gigi71

Gigi71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 13:08 PM

Tara, you always manage to post information that I can both understand and enjoy; and I appreciate it!! Well said. I tend to go with my instinct more and less "strategy" per-say. (I am not claiming this is a wise idea). However, this is quite helpful for better strategizing. Thanks again!!

#13 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 17 January 2017 - 16:50 PM

I will quibble with some of your analysis, Tara - but for the most part very sound.

Just one additional point: Your basic skill curve (more charisma, more finesse) also determines which refinements you should be seeking. If you are offense-minded, get Metal Spikes for example.

This leads to why I prefer offensive builds: The defensive refinements generally suck. Why are they horrible? Several of the better ones require a bad thing to happen to you first... they respond to you being hit, or to you being crit. Worse, those refinements don't trigger if the bad thing killed you first! So to my mind, offensive skill curves are superior because they have better synergism with refinements.

So defensively, I have to hope you do a bad thing to me, and that I survive it, for a relatively low percentage chance to trigger some combat magic.

I would much rather be doing those bad things to YOU, first.

=Cap

Edited by CaptC, 17 January 2017 - 16:56 PM.

• Splash likes this
In love with my Baby.

#14 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 17 January 2017 - 17:35 PM

My most important quibble with your post, Tara, is that your play style doesn't actually determine which skills are best. Mathematics determine which skills are best, and I have already given the ranking above.

(It took me a long time to fully accept the math I was being shown by a studio mate named Zitera. That is Zitera's summary I have given above. Credit where credit is due!)

Play style determines PREFERENCE, not superiority. Perhaps a subtle distinction, but a valuable one if you are trying to get your studio tuned efficiently. I will help a defensive player tune their build - but I would much prefer to convince them of the superiority of offensive orientation.

In love with my Baby.

#15 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 17 January 2017 - 20:58 PM

Play style determines PREFERENCE, not superiority. Perhaps a subtle distinction, but a valuable one if you are trying to get your studio tuned efficiently. I will help a defensive player tune their build - but I would much prefer to convince them of the superiority of offensive orientation.

Actually I'm in favor of a blend: as you say, it's all about preference.

My char is middle on stamina, high on charisma and finesse.

I balanced out my weaker strength with offensive refinements.

Spurring knobs, metal spikes and plastic balls (missile refinement).

A "defensive" build with offensive refinements and zombie boots.

Still feels like my favourite kind of build and it hasn't failed me much.

And kudos on a great post again, Tara!

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#16 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 18 January 2017 - 18:08 PM

We disagree on terms then, not on builds. Your build is what I would consider offensive. It hurts the enemy with a good chance of crits, prevents misses by having a good finesse, and as you say, offensive refinements.

A defensive skill curve is going to emphasize finesse much more than charisma, attempting to make the opponent miss. The math is not in favor of that approach.

In love with my Baby.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stats, strategy, duel, fight, strength, stamina, charisma, finesse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users