• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe Isle of drublic
  • World:UK2
  • Character:BigBadWolf
  • Studio:The Pirate Alliance

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:36 AM

This post contains my and, invites others, observations on the Temple Competition

It is my Understanding that the Temple Competition is designed as an even competition amongst studios to reward the collaborative efforts of that studios members when compared to the collaborative effort of other studios.

This is a great thing as it inspires teamwork, promotes motivation and participation, and is generally a lot of fun!

One area that seems to be let down by the application of the concept
is the way the studios performance overall is rewarded.

The difference in team rewards for position achieved is almost unable to be noticed.

The result of this is that a team no longer has the motivation to achieve or participate which is the complete opposite to the benefit that could be brought into the game by the temple concept.

Another problem is that the competition when based upon participation is an event such as the conventions being held in uk servers at time of writing this, are that when the convention is held in a region such as Beverly humps, a significant number of players are excluded from participation in the event. Not because they were not online and wishing to participate, but purely from the reason that they were newer players with a level that excludes them from entry into the event.

In this situation, the newer studios, as well as the more established ones of lower ranked position that are unable to attract the higher level players, are put at a distinct disadvantage in competing in the temple against teams that are higher ranked and comprised of higher level players.

The result is no longer an even competition amongst studios based on their players participation and contribution.

I would like to suggest that for a temple convention event, the conventions all take place in the TellVille Location so that players wishing to contribute to their studios temple result are able to do so regardless of their player level.

If anyone has other suggestions regarding the Temple Competition, I would encourage them to provide their opinions here so the discussion may be considered in time by Playata Developers.

Best Wishes in Game,

Big Bad Wolf, Cloud 69 UK2

• DildoKing, TheMasterPanther, TMPsBOOBOO and 3 others like this

#2 Yibbies

Yibbies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Character:Yibbies
  • Studio:Bros & Hoes

Posted 30 November 2017 - 13:03 PM

I have a complaint/criticism here for this weeks Temple of Unfulfilled Desires, concerning the locations of some of these conventions... The very first convention held was located in Beverly Humps area, which is a level 200+ area for players... Quite a few of my studio members could not participate in this convention simply because they're not over level 200, many of which have diamonds to spend.. Honestly don't think this is fair to everyone who participates in these conventions. it's focused more on the 200+ players and should have been considered when this convention plan went into effect...

• DildoKing, TheMasterPanther, TMPsBOOBOO and 5 others like this

#3 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 30 November 2017 - 13:09 PM

Mixed bag: At least it was only an hour long. 

I agree that during a temple convention, conventions should ONLY be in the Colorful Diversity or Telleville. It's TEMPLE. Everyone in the studio wants to participate. Let them.

• DildoKing, TheMasterPanther, TMPsBOOBOO and 3 others like this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#4 DildoKing

DildoKing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationCaribou, Maine, USA
  • Character:DildoKing
  • Studio:Erotic Dreams

Posted 30 November 2017 - 14:12 PM

I agree with Yibbies and CaptC. Temple is suppose to be a level playing field where all players have an equal chance of participation if they choose to do so. By putting Conventions in zones such as Beverly Humps, it leaves many lower level players unable to participate.

This needs to be addressed immediately by the devs and changed.

• TheMasterPanther, Eve_L_Won and BigBadWolf like this

f0A0Ck5.png

#5 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 30 November 2017 - 15:51 PM

Hi Wolfie, thank you for your contribution and welcome to the forums.  ;)

This post contains my and, invites others, observations on the Temple Competition

It is my Understanding that the Temple Competition is designed as an even competition amongst studios to reward the collaborative efforts of that studios members when compared to the collaborative effort of other studios.

This is a great thing as it inspires teamwork, promotes motivation and participation, and is generally a lot of fun!

One area that seems to be let down by the application of the concept
is the way the studios performance overall is rewarded.

The difference in team rewards for position achieved is almost unable to be noticed.

The result of this is that a team no longer has the motivation to achieve or participate which is the complete opposite to the benefit that could be brought into the game by the temple concept.

Another problem is that the competition when based upon participation is an event such as the conventions being held in uk servers at time of writing this, are that when the convention is held in a region such as Beverly humps, a significant number of players are excluded from participation in the event. Not because they were not online and wishing to participate, but purely from the reason that they were newer players with a level that excludes them from entry into the event.

In this situation, the newer studios, as well as the more established ones of lower ranked position that are unable to attract the higher level players, are put at a distinct disadvantage in competing in the temple against teams that are higher ranked and comprised of higher level players.

The result is no longer an even competition amongst studios based on their players participation and contribution.

I would like to suggest that for a temple convention event, the conventions all take place in the TellVille Location so that players wishing to contribute to their studios temple result are able to do so regardless of their player level.

If anyone has other suggestions regarding the Temple Competition, I would encourage them to provide their opinions here so the discussion may be considered in time by Playata Developers.

Best Wishes in Game,

Big Bad Wolf, Cloud 69 UK2

I like where your head is at on this one... however to start the conversation off that all Temple challenges are presumed to be balanced is false.

Temple challenges are not fundamentally balanced.  Depending upon the challenge some favor smaller studios, larger studios, those with bigger wardrobes, those with notes, those with diamonds, those at higher levels, those at lower levels, etc...

And to further your notation, this particular challenge (Temple: Convention Showings) is almost universally everyone's least favorite Temple for a variety of reasons.  Your observation only adds to the con point of view and is duly noted.  (smug)

-TB (flower)

PS:  Topics were merged after my response to BBW.  And judging by the vocal majority on this one, I am clearly in the minority - - but my point doesn't change.  Temple challenges are not fundamentally balanced.

• DildoKing likes this

#6 mel25

mel25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Character:Sophie34b
  • Studio:Sophies Studio

Posted 30 November 2017 - 16:32 PM

Conventions are always a choice topic  and totally agree with Wolfie : as the newest players to my Studio feel very left out 

why do we still have to have Conventions anyway ... they take time  and frankly I become very bored  and have far better things to do, than spent hours to play ... It should have been Selling items !!!  which could be a new post ... ( selling items once a month )

Devs and mods should take notice more of what they're members  say 

... after all, its our monies that keep them in business!!!

• TheMasterPanther likes this

#7 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 30 November 2017 - 17:02 PM

Nothing past Santa Rocko IMO.That's a reasonable area to get unlocked in time to get in on some.

Speaking of conventions, why not make them have actual activities instead of just the little time missions that barely leave you time to hit the can if you need to? If it were skill missions that pushed the bubble more the higher your score, it would give lower level people a better chance to win and everyone a better chance to complete one that looks like it's going to fail since you could affect it by putting on better gear for the tasks.

Edited by Eileendover, 30 November 2017 - 17:05 PM.

• DildoKing likes this

Just a casual now

#8 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 30 November 2017 - 20:49 PM

I agree with Tara completely... Temples are not balanced. However, Tara -- I think taking the original posts language literally kind of misses it. The point wasn't really about balance, it was about participation. 

I think we can sum this up easily: "Each and every player should be able to participate in each and every temple related activity."

I am pretty certain you get that, Tara.  Just making it clear.

• DildoKing and Eileendover like this
In love with my Baby.

#9 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 22:44 PM

Thanks for the welcome TaraB. 

I think as long as a player has had the opportunity to be at the same level

as another player in the competition then balance has been achieved

even if their is a natural imbalance in players from game choices.

If a player chooses to expand their storage to get an advantage in a temple event whilst another does not then that is fair.

If a player chooses to stay up until 3 am to attend a convention whilst another does not then that is fair (a little nuts perhaps, but fair).

The balance is pretty much there in these Temples.
As CaptC observes,

The problem at the moment is with the ability to participate.

As an aside, The requirement to be online at a set time to enable participation is another problem with the convention temple, especially for those of different time zones or with regular working hours where these real life problems inhibit game play.

• DildoKing and TaraBing like this

#10 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 30 November 2017 - 23:19 PM

Here's a thought. How about when a convention is on, the area that it's in becomes accessible to everyone during that time? Might get a few people . who are just curious to have a look at the area to go. Whether or not they would be allowed to do other missions there would be another matter

• DildoKing and BigBadWolf like this

Just a casual now

#11 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 30 November 2017 - 23:32 PM

As an aside, The requirement to be online at a set time to enable participation is another problem with the convention temple, especially for those of different time zones or with regular working hours where these real life problems inhibit game play.

Even there I would argue what is done is fair enough. The times for the conventions are staggered so that everyone can reasonably attend at least one, as far as i can tell.

And the times being posted is already a response from playata. Before player outcry, they used to be a surprise.

• DildoKing and BigBadWolf like this
In love with my Baby.

#12 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:03 AM

Just to highlight the impact of that first temple.

Yesterday there were 20 Teams in the Temple Scoreboard.

After the event in TellVille there was 55

• Yibbies and Eileendover like this

#13 CaitlinCumgusher

CaitlinCumgusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Character:CaitlinCumgusher
  • Studio:SEXY REBELS

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:51 AM

The biggest issue for myself and I am guessing some others here is the time that the conventions take place, as time zones are not always in my favour, I normally see a convention as a chance to gain some exp points, but when it is part of the temple challenge it becomes a issue for me, I just accept that this is the case, and hopefully other temple challenges will make up for it for me.

#14 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Character:Pinkyslapalot

Posted 01 December 2017 - 13:50 PM

Once again the developers are taking a horrible idea (Convention Temples) and making it the worst possible.  First, they start the event in an area that needs a level 200 player, then it is followed up by back-to-back 2 hour long conventions in the same day.  Please stop this madness.   1 hour long should be max length for any convention during this temple.

• Eileendover likes this

#15 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 01 December 2017 - 15:14 PM

It's to sell diamonds. I buy some now and then. I can't right now, so not going to stress about it or go out of my way to jump through the fancy new hoops. I don't think I would pay 100 diamonds a week for the poly in any circumstances. It would be a nifty tool if it were free or much lower cost. Perhaps if there were a corresponding massive increase in diamonds that could be acquired through regular play in the game, I might consider it...after all of my gear has the best refines and I have all of the storage space unlocked and all of my clothing layers bought, lol

Just a casual now

#16 TheMasterPanther

TheMasterPanther

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAla'Freakin'Bama
  • Character:TheMasterPanther
  • Studio:Fuck U

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:23 AM

I couldn't agree more ... When we have conventions as the Temple ... all conventions should be in Telleville so that everyone can participate . We had several studio members stay up late / get up early so that could could participate & help the studio just to find they were blocked out due to location . We lost alot of points because of convention placement . Please , be more considerate of lower leveled players next time as they are the ones we need / want participating . TY  ;)

#17 TheMasterPanther

TheMasterPanther

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAla'Freakin'Bama
  • Character:TheMasterPanther
  • Studio:Fuck U

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:28 AM

I knew it.... I'm nuts ... one of those people that stays up ALL night ... (lol)

#18 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 18:50 PM

what was that Brittney Spears song called,,,,

oops i did it again

wonder if the Devs were humming that as

they set Beverly humps as the Christmas day temple

or if they were humming that when

they set a convention temple on the week of Christmas

OK... Who bought the Devs Brittney for Christmas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users