• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 EricTion

EricTion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:43 AM

Just a suggestion : Could you hire someone who speaks English to check the spelling of suggested movie titles. There is many straight spelling mistakes in them and that annoys at least me. One is for example word "atheltic"  it's ATHLETIC. Also the long titles with hyphen are often just ridiculous. Just a suggestion.

Edited by TaraBing, 28 November 2017 - 12:33 PM.
This thread was moved from Suggestions & Discussions to Translation Issues; Thread title was updated accordingly.

• Eileendover likes this

#2 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:52 AM

Something wrong with "Resolute doubleganger - the ultimative climaxes" ?  (grin)

• CaitlinCumgusher likes this

Just a casual now

#3 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:19 AM

There's a translation issue report section on the board here

http://forum.uk.bigb...n-issue-report/

But you're correct, I think. It needs much more than players posting what they think is incorrect. It needs an English major to go through everything with a fine-tooth comb IMO. The title generator I think sorely needs to be redone so that it's consistent with game TOS and the posted rules for custom titles. The later need to be fully understood by the support people who review reported rule violations. And they need to be actually playing this game so that they are aware of what is being dished out randomly; that some of it is worse than the things they hand out warnings for

Edited by TaraBing, 28 November 2017 - 12:43 PM.
This thread was moved to the link mentioned in this post. Thank you for reminding the community of this section. -TB

• TaraBing likes this

Just a casual now

#4 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 28 November 2017 - 13:12 PM

Hi ET,

Just a suggestion : Could you hire someone who speaks English to check the spelling of suggested movie titles. There is many straight spelling mistakes in them and that annoys at least me. One is for example word "atheltic"  it's ATHLETIC. Also the long titles with hyphen are often just ridiculous. Just a suggestion.

Big Bang Empire is now in several languages, with English being one of them.  Despite the Translators best effort to initially provide a pure English translation, misspelling and incorrect wording issues still linger in many areas of the game, including but not limited to Story & Mission texts, Movie titles, and Apparel labels (things your toon wears).

If you find such, please continue to report them here to this newly started thread started by you.

Thank you for your contribution.

-TB (flower)

#5 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 28 November 2017 - 13:16 PM

Hey Ei,

I thought we went over the ToS 'Custom Movie Title' issue in another thread...

There's a translation issue report section on the board here

http://forum.uk.bigb...n-issue-report/

But you're correct, I think. It needs much more than players posting what they think is incorrect. It needs an English major to go through everything with a fine-tooth comb IMO. The title generator I think sorely needs to be redone so that it's consistent with game TOS and the posted rules for custom titles. The later need to be fully understood by the support people who review reported rule violations. And they need to be actually playing this game so that they are aware of what is being dished out randomly; that some of it is worse than the things they hand out warnings for

First off let me say, I commiserate.  There is a bit of a disconnect between two governing facets of the game;

1. Game makers & Terms of Service
  2. Support staff & Terms of Service

The Terms of Service (ToS) are put in place to set an expectation of game play.  When reading the ToS rules some areas appear to be  generic in nature (ie. a gray zone), requiring a judgement should a complaint be forwarded.

When the Game makers made their movie title generator, some of their titles were questionable by the game-playing community (as some of them still are), but the game playing community is smart enough to tell what is a generic title and what is not.

Fast forward to the ability to make your own movie title.  For a small fee, you too can make a movie title that might be found questionable by the game playing community.  ANYONE playing the game can report such a title they found objectionable.

And this is where the disconnect comes in; the Support staff while aware of the ToS, are not aware of every movie title piece generated by the movie-generator.  So while the generator drops an F-bomb, if a custom title has the same F-bomb then it may be ruled as inappropriate (on it's own merit) by the Support staff should that title get reported by the game-playing community.

Do I think this is fair?  No. Ideally, Support staff, Game makers, and ToS should all be on the same page when it comes to what is acceptable.  The gray zones are meant to allow for judgment, but unfortunately it also allows for confusion and inconsistencies.

I am sorry your custom movie title was deemed inappropriate by the Support staff (how long ago did this happen - I would like to find that thread), and maybe bump it up by adding this subject to it.

-TB (flower)

#6 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:43 AM

I am sorry your custom movie title was deemed inappropriate by the Support staff (how long ago did this happen - I would like to find that thread), and maybe bump it up by adding this subject to it.

-TB (flower)

Hey Ei,

I thought we went over the ToS 'Custom Movie Title' issue in another thread...

-TB (flower)

It was Sept 11, of 2017

Just a casual now

#7 EricTion

EricTion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 14:56 PM

Another issue is that the movie titles are often in no way connected to the set of the movie. You can get a "SciFi-movie" with title like "Young Dominas Trip to Nature". I think that even though some engine draws them, it should be rigged to draw them according to the set.

• TaraBing, Eileendover and BigBadWolf like this

#8 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe Isle of drublic
  • Character:BigBadWolf
  • Studio:The Pirate Alliance

Posted 05 December 2017 - 23:39 PM

The explanation on the special refines for a necklace have always caused some confusion.

Perhaps these could be rewritten in a better way.

• TaraBing and Brittney like this

#9 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe Isle of drublic
  • Character:BigBadWolf
  • Studio:The Pirate Alliance

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:39 PM

Having finally got our studio to win a temple competition, I was somewhat disappointed to see that the Title received from winning the thing is incorrect in its' spelling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users