• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:58 AM

1st the good. For new people, it's an easy way to find a quick duel. Sadly, that's pretty much it as far as the pros go. :(

Dueling isn't my favorite thing so I don't do it a lot unless I have a reason like temple or a DS task. I'm well familiar with the benefits of dualing though. Not here to argue that. But that page. Ugh, just ugh.

To start with, it opperates under the assumption that everyone wants info on everyone that attacked in their face any time they click that page or any they do a duel (even if not on that page and then plants them on that page afterward. I suppose some people do. I don't. For me, it's just another annoying pop-up of the vastly too many confirmation pop-ups in this flash-based game. I spend zero time worried about who dueled me and won. Never have cared a bit about glory for myself. If for some reason I do want to know, I know where to look without having it auto pop up.

Then there's the shuffling of the available player icons when you go to select an opponent. I fought that one earlier and won. Let's go for 2 in a row. Start to move my cursor toward it and it changes to someone that beats my butt! Usually just as I'm clicking duel button. It's dynamic. Yeah, I do understand that concept. If someone just got beat 2 or 3 times, they are now at a differnt glory level and don't have the same suggested opponents. But it doesn't work for me. If you're showing me these 10 players when I click the page and I select in a reasonably timely manner, it should not change the options unless I pick the new opponents option. What's reasonably timely? How about 3 minutes, if you want a specific number. If I have to run to the can, it should be the same when I get back, ok? lol.

So, needless to say, a lot of times I don't use that page. I just go to the rank list and pick people I think I can beat. Some like to use that to find tougher opponents. I'm the other way around. I want an almost sure win because while harder opponents have a better chance of yeilding diamonds and gear, a WIN always has a better chance of giving them than a loss and I've found that I get plenty by sticking to opponents I can probably beat.

I don't know what I'm suggesting as a solution to the existing page. It just seems very messed up. Maybe start with a difficulty selection option?

• Analis likes this

Just a casual now

#2 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 13 November 2017 - 17:44 PM

Hi Ei,

Then there's the shuffling of the available player icons when you go to select an opponent. I fought that one earlier and won. Let's go for 2 in a row. Start to move my cursor toward it and it changes to someone that beats my butt! Usually just as I'm clicking duel button. It's dynamic. Yeah, I do understand that concept. If someone just got beat 2 or 3 times, they are now at a differnt glory level and don't have the same suggested opponents. But it doesn't work for me. If you're showing me these 10 players when I click the page and I select in a reasonably timely manner, it should not change the options unless I pick the new opponents option. What's reasonably timely? How about 3 minutes, if you want a specific number. If I have to run to the can, it should be the same when I get back, ok? lol.

I've never seen it draw new opponents in 'real-time' like it's changing the price of gas, as I'm pumping it...  I jest, but you get the idea.

For me, that display page, (while it can be different after a previous duel), is newly set before I make a selection.

Also, I think a lot of players are like you and draw their opponents from the RANK page.  So many more choices, so many more strategies for picking a winner.  Sometimes that duel display of 10 is way too limiting... and at times, presents nothing but losing bets to me.  Not sure why that is.

Nice observations, and - Duel on... (smug)

-TB (flower)

#3 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 13 November 2017 - 22:42 PM

Really? They've never changed while you're looking? Happens to me all the time. It don't change once I select one, but it can change when I'm just about to click.. A  lot of times, after that duel, I find the one I wanted over on the other side. It's like some crazy sleight of hand shell game.

I think it could be transformed into a much more useful tool for finding duels. If it had a difficulty choice, I wouldn't go too easy with the easiest setting. Maybe normal, hard and pro or something.I know that many people like to challenge themselves with the duels. I just don't happen to be one of those personalities..

Also with choices, it would be cool to have a setting that let you choose which reward you will get more. "Diamonds man!", "Give me some stuff I might use" and "Just give me more notes"

Just a casual now

#4 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:37 AM

Really? They've never changed while you're looking? Happens to me all the time. It don't change once I select one, but it can change when I'm just about to click.. A  lot of times, after that duel, I find the one I wanted over on the other side. It's like some crazy sleight of hand shell game.

I think it could be transformed into a much more useful tool for finding duels. If it had a difficulty choice, I wouldn't go too easy with the easiest setting. Maybe normal, hard and pro or something.I know that many people like to challenge themselves with the duels. I just don't happen to be one of those personalities..

Also with choices, it would be cool to have a setting that let you choose which reward you will get more. "Diamonds man!", "Give me some stuff I might use" and "Just give me more notes"

Yeah, they don't change for me while I'm selecting.  What system are you playing on?  Facebook, Steam, mobile, web?

It's just an okay display.  Most people avoid it altogether and use the GLORY leader board Rankings..  The way I see it, the difficulty choice is already there.  It presents 10 possible suitors for you to duel, from IMPOSSIBLE VICTORY at the top, all the way down to, ALMOST CERTAIN VICTORY in the 10th slot.  But even then, that slot can be filled with a "sucker punch" loss.  Your experience may vary.

You want to be able to select your reward?  LOL  If diamonds were wishes and wishes were fishes, we be swimming in an aquarium of shiny hardened carbon.  (smug)

-TB (flower)

#5 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 14 November 2017 - 19:30 PM

I'm on a gaming PC that is only a few months old. win 10/chrome. Yup, they change as I watch. It did it several times last night after my post you quoted above (BTW forgive me for not quoting. whenever I do it puts my response in the box with the quote even though I type it below the line). I haven't found a way to video capture from this game yet or I could show you.

Yeah, I think it would be nice to be able to chose the most common reward I got. By now, I would know better than to expect it to be always,lol. I actually tend to find more diamonds in missions than I grab from duels.

Just a casual now

#6 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 15 November 2017 - 16:13 PM

Hey Ei,

I'm on a gaming PC that is only a few months old. win 10/chrome. Yup, they change as I watch. It did it several times last night after my post you quoted above (BTW forgive me for not quoting. whenever I do it puts my response in the box with the quote even though I type it below the line). I haven't found a way to video capture from this game yet or I could show you.

I sometimes have to move my cursor below the quote before I start typing to make it work.

Yeah, I think it would be nice to be able to chose the most common reward I got. By now, I would know better than to expect it to be always,lol. I actually tend to find more diamonds in missions than I grab from duels.

Whenever I see a diamond pop-up in a duel rewards display screen... it makes me giddy.   #cheapthrills    LOL

-TB (flower)

• Eileendover likes this

#7 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 17 November 2017 - 00:57 AM

Hey Ei,

I sometimes have to move my cursor below the quote before I start typing to make it work.

Whenever I see a diamond pop-up in a duel rewards display screen... it makes me giddy.   #cheapthrills    LOL

-TB (flower)

see if this works.  And yup lol shortly after I posted that I got 5 diamonds in a duel, wee

• TaraBing likes this

Just a casual now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users