• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • World:UK2
  • Character:CaitlinCumgusher
  • Studio:SEXY REBELS

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

I was just curious how many people actually take the time to whipstich their items to make a matching outfit, sometimes I see players here with such a strange mix of clothing, which I am guessing for stats purposes, personally I like my avatar to look good, and just thinking how others feel

• mel25 likes this

#2 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 18 September 2017 - 13:52 PM

I am a guy.  I am embarrassed to admit how much time I have spent making my female avatar look good, but I will own it.

I don't look down on people with poor fashion sense or who can't be bothered to care, though. The beauty of this game is that there are multiple ways to enjoy it.

• Analis and Yibbies like this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#3 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 18 September 2017 - 14:34 PM

Stat upgrades come so fast until a star is higher level that it seems like a waste of notes and diamonds, especially if you have any reason to be saving. Myself, I would rather spend on my film covers and wonder in similar fashion why more don't. But the reasons for both are pretty much the same; not wanting to spend it on that just to do it over in an hour.

Most footwear I will immediately hit with a stitch for notes only. So, some acceptable looking heels. Belts, same. something simple that works with anything. On 2 of my stars, I bought the belt layer, because most of them are bleh and interrupt the nice curves of the female model. So that is just off on those 2 unless I want a specific thing like cuffs or something.

Since I generally don't want to stitch down from an epic top or outfit (shrinkage) and I consider 20D to be too much to choose another epic pattern, I normally just go with it. Half the time, that means stitching the leg piece into a common panty pattern

I very seldom use glasses and normally just leave that slot off

I'm probably more likely to use whip-stitch when doing a film cover than for general looking good reasons.

Just a casual now

#4 Brittney

Brittney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Character:Brittn3y
  • Studio:Cloud 69

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:07 AM

Like Eileen's said, the main reason I don't co-ordinate my outfits is simply because I don't feel that it's worth the cost to stitch items. I'll just roll with whatever, no matter how bad it is, after all, it is the stats that matter most. 

Now, if there was a set bonus for having all the pieces of one outfit equipped, then I'd probably be more tempted to stitch items so they match, but since there isn't, I'd rather spend my notes and diamonds on more important things.

#5 CaitlinCumgusher

CaitlinCumgusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:43 AM

Maybe it is a bit of obsessive compulsive disorder in me or something, it would drive me crazy if my avatar was really mismatched, but great to hear how others thought

• Analis likes this

#6 Yibbies

Yibbies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Character:Yibbies
  • Studio:Bros & Hoes

Posted 20 September 2017 - 15:11 PM

LOL, I try and look good all the time here, since your toon is a bit of a reflection on you and your personality... Even now as we're going through another recruiting phase, I took the smile/teeth off my toon and replaced it with something of a stern expression (because it gets frustrating at times)

• Analis and CaitlinCumgusher like this

#7 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 20 September 2017 - 16:15 PM

Hehe. Dito Yibbies.

I think your look is a statement.

In a game with a hook on sexuality...

Why the hell would anyone want to dress like a crackwhore?

I'm all for smart management of resources, but a good look deserves some investment.

It's also a good conversation starter with new people, when you notice they do an effort.

• Yibbies and CaitlinCumgusher like this

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#8 CaitlinCumgusher

CaitlinCumgusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:22 AM

Analis,

I would not have used the term crackwhore, but it did make me laugh myself nearly to death, summed it up beautifully in a sledgehammer kind of way

• Analis and Yibbies like this

#9 uliana

uliana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City
  • Character:Uliana
  • Studio:Angels and Sinners

Posted 22 September 2017 - 17:05 PM

Lol @ captc. I am also a male who spends time (sometimes too much time) making sure my avatar looks good. I actually cringe a bit when I see others sporting items won in duels, especially on a film cover. Haha, not getting my vote. I usually have my head wear and shoes made non-visible to make it more simple, and most of the shoes that I might want require diamonds to whip-stitch. For things like parties I whip my four tops into outfits so I can wear my non-matching stamina panties (or whatever stat I am needing to boost.) 

• CaptC likes this

yuGNxmf.png?3

#10 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 23 September 2017 - 00:38 AM

4 pair of party panties? Sounds like a winning combo to me

• uliana likes this

Just a casual now

#11 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 23 September 2017 - 14:43 PM

Lol @ captc. I am also a male who spends time (sometimes too much time) making sure my avatar looks good. I actually cringe a bit when I see others sporting items won in duels, especially on a film cover. Haha, not getting my vote. I usually have my head wear and shoes made non-visible to make it more simple, and most of the shoes that I might want require diamonds to whip-stitch. For things like parties I whip my four tops into outfits so I can wear my non-matching stamina panties (or whatever stat I am needing to boost.) 

Of course, if you have a male avatar, it is even harder. Most of the male outfits are ridiculous.

I don't have a problem with the duel epics especially for male avatars. Sure, everyone has them... but if you want to play the game on the cheap, they are at least somewhat attractive and coordinated. I won't hold those against free players.

• uliana likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#12 CaitlinCumgusher

CaitlinCumgusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 September 2017 - 15:43 PM

I am so sure that is why I lose duels at times CAPTC, I go into a duel and my avatar is laughing so hard at some of the male outfits, that I forget there is a fight happening, well that is my story for losing....and I am sticking to it

• Eileendover and uliana like this

#13 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:56 AM

Level 1-10 dueling on NU is a riot (grin)

Just a casual now

#14 uliana

uliana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City
  • Character:Uliana
  • Studio:Angels and Sinners

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:58 AM

I have to admit that I am completely ignorant when it comes to the male avatars, and I don't judge them the same, if at all, because i don't even know what they have available to them. I have been tossing around the idea of making a male star in one of the other servers. 

yuGNxmf.png?3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users