• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • World:UK2
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 28 September 2017 - 15:31 PM

File this post under the category of: Don't Hate the Player, Hate the Game (smug)

D-30 Dominating the BBA's Week of Mon Sept 25, 2017 with 3.5 days to go!

An amazing feat for sure, and brag-worthy for any studio to dominate like this... Dirty Thirty Studio (D-30) of UK2 is currently holding on to 9 of the Top-10 Rankings in the BBA.  The lone entry to break-up the ten-fecta is Gigi71's entry (#7) from Bros & Hoes (B&H).

I'm thinking the only way this happens is through the multiple movie-making trophies, if a studio can hold on to them, which is also another feat.  D-30 is currently holding two such trophies as of this writing.

Have a look at the TOP-10 as of THU Sept 28, 2017 17:45 GMT...

vKJncOp.png

V5N4ORG.png

uZ0sJO9.png

zokmi3L.png

Gn7PdYF.png

GWIV6eg.png

vMZVcMf.png

1I4954u.png

Cs1tzV0.png

xhVBDGK.png

Amazing, but I'm pretty sure B&H will have a couple more entries in TOP-10 before the final vote on Sunday October 1, 2017 is all over.

Best of luck to the front-runners... only 3.5 days to go...  (grin)

-TB (flower)

• Yibbies likes this

#42 Yibbies

Yibbies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Character:Yibbies
  • Studio:Bros & Hoes

Posted 28 September 2017 - 17:13 PM

We had taken one of D30's film trophies earlier in the week to hold 3 film trophies at once, but that didn't last long when they retaliated shortly afterwards.. Hats off to them

#43 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 19:47 PM

The Dirty Thirty are dominating the awards like that for 3 weeks now. Before them, it was Bros and Hoes, who are still doing great even now.

I think somebody should just send those screencaps (nice effort, Tara :)) straight to the devs so that they would finally do something about it. I think that there are now much fewer covers in the competition, because in the past the ranking went as far as to the 1000s, whereas this week it ends at 678th place. Maybe some demotivated players stopped shooting films or left the game altogether? The latter would make more sense, because why keep playing if you give up on all the extra experience, notes and rewards that filmmaking provides? But it's not like I've never seen players who log in regularly but barely shoot any movies before...

#44 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 28 September 2017 - 20:10 PM

The big penalty to the trophies is supposed to prevent stockpiling them.  But honestly, too many bosses and producers NEVER calculate their relative standing versus the top few studios. The #1 studio on Nutaku had an 80% penalty the other day, 3 movie trophies and 2 energy.  

My studio had a full trophy load. We held off our attack to let some other studio attack and actually take a trophy, rather than hit them for some glory and no other effect.

But no one challenged them. After a couple of fight slots went by, we finally swung at them to take the glory...

So part of this problem is on us, the players. As a whole, a lot of leadership teams simply aren't very aggressive about taking advantage of the penalties, either to take trophies for their studio's use, or to breakup clumps of movie trophies.

• Analis likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#45 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:27 AM

Big +1 to CaptC's comment.

This week B&H was finally challenged by 2 studios in the subtop.

Bukkake Cinema & Bondage Booty dropped in for a fun visit.

There's way too little of that though.

Some studios don't even charge, afraid they'd catch a trophy.

No, seriously.

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#46 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:07 AM

CaptC... what you're saying is...

The big penalty to the trophies is supposed to prevent stockpiling them.  But honestly, too many bosses and producers NEVER calculate their relative standing versus the top few studios. The #1 studio on Nutaku had an 80% penalty the other day, 3 movie trophies and 2 energy.  

My studio had a full trophy load. We held off our attack to let some other studio attack and actually take a trophy, rather than hit them for some glory and no other effect.

But no one challenged them. After a couple of fight slots went by, we finally swung at them to take the glory...

So part of this problem is on us, the players. As a whole, a lot of leadership teams simply aren't very aggressive about taking advantage of the penalties, either to take trophies for their studio's use, or to breakup clumps of movie trophies.

Smaller studios don't challenge top studios with trophies...

And Analis is saying... 

Big +1 to CaptC's comment.

This week B&H was finally challenged by 2 studios in the subtop.

Bukkake Cinema & Bondage Booty dropped in for a fun visit.

There's way too little of that though.

Some studios don't even charge, afraid they'd catch a trophy.

No, seriously.

When a lesser studio (subtop) does challenge, it's a fun visit when they do - but it's not clear what makes it fun - because they seldom challenge, or seldom win, or both? (Forgive me if I read that wrong.)

Which seems to support the observation smaller studios don't bother to challenge the bigger studios with trophies - according to CaptC.

I know for a fact, playing for a sub studio, when we do get a trophy, it's a one-day rental.   (grin)

-TB (flower)

#47 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 14:03 PM

From the perspective of a member from a subtop studio, I would say that doing something crazy and unordinary like challenging the best crew in the game can indeed be fun. :) Especially the first time around. It creates a certain kind of excitement, curiosity and expectation in the studio. Everybody knows who those guys are, where they stand and that we don't play in the same league as them. So having an actual fight with them can be interesting an entertaining even if you know you're going to lose. You still want to find out what kind of performance can you put in, if they have such a grave penalty from all the trophies. Seeing then the under lvl 50 players on your side fighting the lvl 200+ folks on their side can be quite comical in itself. :D And when your stronger teammates actually begin to defeat their players, one even killing 3-4 of them all by themself and thus earning the "hoeminator" moniker :)... that's when the real fun and excitement kicks in. :)

It's like in sports when the small local club gets to play against the world-renowned champs. Or when a mediocre athlete in some kind of individual sport like tenis gets to play against the No. 1 player. These unordinary David vs. Goliath type of matches will be always attractive and feel unique for the underdog players and the people who support them.

But if it happened too often, it would loose its appeal. Maybe even the second time around it won't feel the same. I would still be up for challenging the best studios every week, if we were actually able to catch a trophy every time we did it. But even with a crippling 67% overall trophy penalty, the Hoes were able to fend off the attack without too much trouble. And we are a Top 20 studio who has a couple of lvl 200+ players of its own... I think we put in a solid performance by beating more than 2/3 of their members, but they are just too strong and it wasn't enough. This only shows that the huge strength of the top studios makes the number of potential challengers limited even when there are big trophy penalties involved.

But I still think, Tara, that your crew should try it at least once, if you haven't already. Not for the the win or to get a trophy, but purely for fun. ;) The glory loss against such a power house is marginal (-80 glory points for us) and well worth the one try.
  • Analis and Yibbies like this

#48 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 29 September 2017 - 14:32 PM

But I still think, Tara, that your crew should try it at least once, if you haven't already. Not for the the win or to get a trophy, but purely for fun. ;) The glory loss against such a power house is marginal (-80 glory points for us) and well worth the one try.

Appreciate the suggestion Amberson... and if seeing just how far you can go in a duel is fun, sign me up once as you have suggested...

But we haven't tried it for fun sake, yet.  Players that say they are having fun when they are losing are fun-losers, until it ceases to be fun, and then you are just losers.  What is not lost on me is you can still have fun playing this game in any of the sub-top tiers, and with that we play within the tiers accordingly.

UPDATE:  WITH 2.5 DAYS TO GO in BBA (UK2), Week of Mon Sept 25, 2017

• TOP   10 unchanged  D-30 (9)  /  B&H (1)
  • NEXT 10 unchanged  D-30 (5)  /  B&H (5)

Look for the TOP 10 to change on the final day. (smug)

-TB (flower)

#49 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 15:44 PM

Players that say they are having fun when they are losing are fun-losers, until it ceases to be fun, and then you are just losers.

Sometimes losing can be more fun than winning. ;) The fact that fighting the same studios for certain wins and a handful of glory has become boring was the very reason behind our attack on Bros and Hoes.

But I fully agree that if it would become a regular thing, it wouldn't be fun anymore. That's why we'll give it some time before we try it again. That will allow for various changes in studio strength to happen and make the potential rematch feel uncommon and interesting again. :)

#50 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:30 AM

I know for a fact, playing for a sub studio, when we do get a trophy, it's a one-day rental. 

Last week we went for having three film trophies at once.

Nailed that as the first studio out there. Lost it the same day. But we did get that extra movie.

I don't see why having a trophy only short term could in any way be worse than having none.

Mind you, B&H used to not have a single trophy half a year ago and was barely in the top 10.

Since we chased after trophies… How far did we come?

But the start was brutal… Gaining some, losing some...

Constantly trying to ascertain how many we could hold.

It's a trial by fire to go after trophies. But so worth it.

Simply because it makes your people better.

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#51 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 15:54 PM

Update for Tara: The Dirty Thirty now occupy the whole Top 12 in the BBAs. :D

Edited by Amberson, 30 September 2017 - 15:56 PM.

#52 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 01 October 2017 - 16:06 PM

Hey Amberson...

Update for Tara: The Dirty Thirty now occupy the whole Top 12 in the BBAs. :D

I just checked, and Gigi71, Bros & Hoes (B&H) is still in the Top 10.  Moved up a couple ranks, but still in there.

And I was wrong, (so far), B&H has not made any gains into the TOP, but they are a little more concentrated in the 11-15 slots.

UPDATE: With a little under 7 hours to go...

• TOP   10 unchanged  D-30 (9)  /  B&H (1)
  • NEXT 10 unchanged  D-30 (5)  /  B&H (5)

Almost a D-30 clean sweep, we'll see if Gigi71 gets a crack into the TOP-3. (smug)

-TB (flower)

#53 CaitlinCumgusher

CaitlinCumgusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Character:CaitlinCumgusher
  • Studio:SEXY REBELS

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:10 AM

I never knew of this, and just looked at all the rankings to see what it was about, so it seems if I put in the effort trying to make some of my covers more memorable, like with quite a few I would spend diamonds changing hair, backgrounds etc, then trying to pick clothes to match titles, and even a few writing my own titles, and honestly thinking everyone had a equal chance in the voting, but it now seems like its a waste of effort diamonds and money

I have been reading back through some of the old comments and came across this one of mine, with people discussing if it is even worth making a memorable movie cover with the major studios holding the trophies for the extra exposure in the voting, I can honestly say I have had a few movies finish in the top 10 and 3 Big Bang Awards titles to my name, and I am not in one of the top studios at all, I thought for a bit maybe my title was next to one that was really bad and got the vote by default, but then I have had messages from people complimenting some of my titles, so yes, even a small studio can suceed, and I was taught a lesson by myself for how I felt about it in the past.

• Analis likes this

#54 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe Isle of drublic
  • Character:BigBadWolf
  • Studio:The Pirate Alliance

Posted 13 March 2018 - 17:07 PM

I am not sure I am a fan of your latest title Caitlin :D Funny Though :D

#55 jancan

jancan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 23:16 PM

lol caitlin i love you film should make it to number one

• ivorbigun and CaitlinCumgusher like this

#56 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 16:01 PM

I have been reading back through some of the old comments and came across this one of mine, with people discussing if it is even worth making a memorable movie cover with the major studios holding the trophies for the extra exposure in the voting, I can honestly say I have had a few movies finish in the top 10 and 3 Big Bang Awards titles to my name, and I am not in one of the top studios at all, I thought for a bit maybe my title was next to one that was really bad and got the vote by default, but then I have had messages from people complimenting some of my titles, so yes, even a small studio can suceed, and I was taught a lesson by myself for how I felt about it in the past.

The extra exposure has been thankfully revoked a few months ago. But back in the dark ages that followed the introduction of film trophies, it was impossible to even crack the Top 10 unless you were in a studio with multiple film trophies. D30 used to hold most of the trophies for some time and in this period, not even a more active studio like B&H could beat them in the BBAs, regardless of studio voting or the actual quality of the covers. So your feelings were right, since making memorable covers back then was indeed pointless. The situation made me stop doing custom titles and unique themes that would match a custom title with appropriate clothes, hairstyle etc., because it was a waste of diamonds and ideas.

After the trophies ceased to have influence on the exposure of covers, the competition has become much more open again with people from less active smaller studios being able to reach the top spots or occasionally even win. However, in the last few weeks, something changed and the state of things on UK2 reminds me a bit of the past times of extra exposure again. Still, these things sometimes go in waves with you yourself enjoying your own wave of short-term dominance, even though it was somewhat of an anomaly (you basically never see players from less active studios winning or almost winning for multiple consecutive weeks). I almost had 2 wins in three weeks too... So, who knows, maybe the contest becomes more even again. There's hope for sure, just like there was hope that the extra exposure would get capped.

Edited by Amberson, 31 March 2018 - 16:16 PM.

• CaitlinCumgusher likes this

#57 LaraLai

LaraLai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSpain
  • Character:LaraLai
  • Studio:Hot Milf Production

Posted 10 April 2018 - 21:18 PM

So just an idea as i can see there are good things and bad things being said about the bba awards 

maybe start by removing    ==this is from your studio== when voting 

another idea do not show the rankings of films in bba 

cause in the end of the day the award is for the better idea and the one you thought was a better cover 

if im not wrong 

so removing these things i am not shore if the trophy extra bonus was removed or not but that would also make it a a fair fight for anybody that makes 3 films a day vs those who also do just the battle of who made the better film with no knowledge of how your doing till the event has ended :) 

i am not calling out favouritism or anything here but seems as what i have seen since being here and reading through this post the bigger teams take it the top 50 and quite easily 

activeness has its part to play in this only a slight margin really say during skill temple the odds of getting one with a vote for a film are quite low and therefor everything has its part 

but in the end this is just what i think i did not mean to offend any1 in anyway if i did i am sorry was not deliberate in any way and well some of you just might like my idea i do not know im just trying to help with maybe a few solutions maybe they have already been said or not i do not know  as i have not been on the forums for 2 long but i did read through most of it if i mentioned something you said

( Thumbs up 2 You ) other than that i wish everyone has a great day or night :) 

milf_logo.png

MilfShake Like No Other Spank!

#58 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 10 April 2018 - 22:53 PM

No one will be offended.  OR ELSE!!!!  :)

More seriously, there is a difference of opinion about the BBAs. Should you vote for "best movie cover" or "for friends"?

I have posted elsewhere, and will not repeat my arguments, except to note that movie voting did not always have the "from your studio" tag. It was added due to player request. There is a sizable number of "for friends" players and they will be quite upset if that feature goes away.

The maximum exposure for a movie is capped after you complete 21 movies in a week.

• LaraLai likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#59 CaitlinCumgusher

CaitlinCumgusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Character:CaitlinCumgusher
  • Studio:SEXY REBELS

Posted 12 April 2018 - 13:02 PM

No one will be offended.  OR ELSE!!!!  :)

I am offended, so what are you going to do CaptC?, nah, just kidding...

But seriously not showing the rankings for film voting in progress would really make it interesting indeed, but I would still love at the end of the day, you could pull up last weeks results for everyone, especially when there is a friendly rivalry happening with them.

• LaraLai likes this

#60 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe Isle of drublic
  • Character:BigBadWolf
  • Studio:The Pirate Alliance

Posted 12 April 2018 - 15:30 PM

Re-Adressing the voting system seems to be needed. There is still a lot of confused, disgruntled contestants out there.
The impact of diamonds in this contest maybe could be limited by removing the refresh titles or limiting the times you refreshed by the cost to refresh scaling the same way refreshing dickstarter tasks is now.
A summary of last contest results is needed.
A look at possibly removing skill point rewards would see less manipulation of the system by the wealthier players
  • LaraLai likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users