• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 11 August 2017 - 23:55 PM

Yes. Pretty much had enough for now. I have a star on all 4 active servers and yesterday morning (my time, EST) there was one going on all 4 at the same time!  :O  Fortunately, one studio boss could care less if anyone does conventions when it's temple and advises to spend time on better things. I'm acting boss right now on this star and certainly not going to pressure anyone in our studio to do them. On US2, I am alone in my studio, so I pretty much have to do them there for the diamonds. Still, I have already left a couple of them early this time on that star.

My previous suggestion of making the shows pay more notes and exp wasn't too popular, but I still think for conventions in general, it would be a step in the right direction for lower level players. Maybe do it on a scale so lower people are catching up.

But here's a direct suggestion. Whoever calls the temples, when you roll the dice and conventions come up, veto yourself and pick something else if it's been temple in the past 6 weeks, lol

Just a casual now

#22 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 12 August 2017 - 15:12 PM

Honestly, and this is a very radical and unrealistic expectation I know, perhaps the best thing is to remove the temples entirely.

Ever since their introduction, MOST of the comments I've heard up until now have been negative. All the temple has seemingly done is breed more negativity towards others, in a game that I think already has its fair share. Examples of comments I've heard are 'that studio is spending diamonds to win' and 'this player isn't contributing.'

So in my opinion, why not remove a feature which, in my experience at least, few people seem to enjoy? See, said it was a radical and unrealistic expectation :D

Should we remove studio fights, too?  Similar conversations occur regarding equipment choices, signing up for fights, etc.

It is a competitive game. Groups that compete will always discuss how the group can get better, and part of that is improving the play of individuals within the group.

(FWIW, I ask that commenters in my studios provide positive encouragment. It is not my intent that anyone be *shamed* into a higher level of performance ...but it is also not my intent to provide a free ride on the back of other players. There is a fine line there, between pushing for performance and asking too much, and sometimes we err on one side or the other.)

The problem I see is with particular temples, not the general concept. Playata needs to fix un-fun temples, and to design temples that allow everyone to compete (versus just the rich few who are probably in studios that already dominate in glory standings, and who can presumably get their success fix that way.)

• Yibbies likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#23 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 12 August 2017 - 18:04 PM

I would hate to see the players lose the ability to earn studio diamonds for their studios, even if the vehicle is sometimes a pain. I played before we had that option. It was very nice to see that there was a way to do that when I came back. I think the big thing to remember with conventions and temples that feature them is that they are in no way mandatory, nor is throwing diamonds at them. It's perfectly fine to just hit a show or 2 and be doing something to contribute. No one is forcing anyone to instant finish anything.

Just a casual now

#24 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 12 August 2017 - 22:59 PM

I'm not in favor of removing Temples from gameplay - even if some of the challenges are "broken", the good outweighs the bad.

Temple goodness:

1. Gives studios something to work towards, builds camaraderie
  2. Awards studio's diamonds
  3. Awards players skill points
  4. Awards players experience
  5. Gives us something to bitch about... (grin)

Seriously, look how much chatter (*mostly negative) would not come about, had it not been for Temples.  I seriously do not believe everyone hates them, certainly not the players and studios that are good at them.  And I acknowledge, even negative chatter is good, when it builds a better game..  ;)

So what is the answer?  I see a lot of complaints, but not a lot of suggestions... we can compile a list of ideas here.

What about a Temple based on the number of times you vote on a movie cover?  

• It will skew the BBA awards for two weeks with extra volumes of votes, at the end of one voting period, followed by the beginning of another.  
  • Such a temple will favor studios with extra energy to burn... but realistically, how many players use up all their 100 bank of regular energy every day, let alone their extra trophy garnished energies?  (And their 4 extra banks of 50 for a notes cost?)
  • If you do, hats off to you - that's at least 300 minutes of energy everyone gets semi-free access to, which would take 5 natural hours to burn.

• Do some players hang out and consume 5/24ths of their day playing BBE?  That's more than some part-time jobs. (smug)

-TB (flower)

PS: Maybe during a Temple of votes, there is "no refreshing" of covers for diamond costs?   :X

#25 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:11 AM

How about a change your underwear temple? ;) points for every time you equip a new item in pants slot that is an upgrade, hehehe

I do like the voting idea too :)

Edited by Eileendover, 13 August 2017 - 02:15 AM.

• TaraBing likes this

Just a casual now

#26 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:19 AM

I'm not in favor of removing Temples from gameplay - even if some of the challenges are "broken", the good outweighs the bad.

(...) but realistically, how many players use up all their 100 bank of regular energy every day, let alone their extra trophy garnished energies? And their 4 extra banks of 50 for a notes cost? If you do, hats off to you - that's at least 300 minutes of energy everyone gets semi-free access to, which would take 5 natural hours to burn. Do some players hang out and consume 5/24ths of their day playing BBE?  That's more than some part-time jobs.

You do know you don't have to actually hang around and watch the seconds tick away, right? :happy:

If you do mostly 3min missions like I do, that's 360/3 or 120 clicks. Not even 120 minutes.

Personally, around each time I can duel again, I open BBE, click a mission, do part of a movie, whatever...

It's become a habit, not unlike checking your mail or FB. Only in weekends it's quite challenging.

But I don't think I've spent 5 days out of the 400ish I've been here, NOT using all of my energy.

At least not after I learned you could actually replenish that energy...

I do have a life by the way, a holiday job, friends and hobbies: the clicking is just a choice and a habit.

I'm convinced you can play full-energy without using a total of even 2h spread-out real time.

The only real tricky part is not getting sucked into studio chat.

Just saying: not every day is the same, but it's not thàt hard or uncommon.

I know people with tougher jobs or family situations than mine who do it without issues.

Aaaaaaaaas for temple...

I can't even remember how the game was before this all.

The good definitely outweighs the conv... the bad I mean.

• TaraBing, Yibbies, CaitlinCumgusher and 1 other like this

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#27 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 13 August 2017 - 14:12 PM

The good definitely outweighs the conv... the bad I mean.

You mean the pros outweigh the cons?

I know what you mean about studio chat.  But that's an entirely another arena of fun.

• TaraBing and Analis like this
In love with my Baby.

#28 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 13 August 2017 - 15:34 PM

I usually manage to spend all available energy plus any vouchers. For sure on the US2 and Nu stars but sometimes the UK ones have leftovers and I try to use it up the following day. I don't often use the reserves for diamonds. I did today though on one because the last item of summer collection popped and I wasn't sure if I could grab it tomorrow.

I really do wish we could keep vouchers longer. Even a week would be something

• TaraBing likes this

Just a casual now

#29 mel25

mel25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Character:Sophie34b
  • Studio:Sophies Studio

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

NO MORE CONVENTIONS !!! please for at least 3 months 

#30 EricTion

EricTion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

If and when the Temple task is convention shows, they should be shorter and more often.

At least I don't like to have to sit next to my computer clicking 'show' button every fourth minute for 2 hours at midnight... and I think many others share my opinion. So - half an hour long conventions and at least 4 to 5 times a day.

#31 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 05 November 2017 - 22:03 PM

Hi ET,

If and when the Temple task is convention shows, they should be shorter and more often.

At least I don't like to have to sit next to my computer clicking 'show' button every fourth minute for 2 hours at midnight... and I think many others share my opinion. So - half an hour long conventions and at least 4 to 5 times a day.

So far (for this week's temple), they have all been of the 90 minute variety and they have all be part of the Hooper's Halloween specialty event conventions (held in Tellville).  In the past, I have seen different length conventions be part of a Temple challenge outside of holiday event and on other stages/venues.  After today's reset, we might see some different length conventions.  Well, we can hope.  (smug)

-TB (flower)

#32 familyfriendlyfelix

familyfriendlyfelix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:02 AM

Realistically, this game is play-to-win and we're stupid to think it's anything else. I once spent $50 on diamonds and spent them all in a convention (it was during a temple week so I really wanted to help the studio) and in the end I barely scraped the top 10! People who are dropping hundreds of dollars or even thousands just to have the competitive edge will win, there's no beating them if you're a working-class person who can't afford to blow your entire wallet on an online game. Just thinking of how much money I've paid into this game already makes me slightly queasy. It's never been worth it, when others pay more and will win no matter what you do. I'm not saying this is particularly unfair - obviously if they pay the most, they should get the biggest benefit - but to spend all you have and still come up shor is beyond frustrating. My studio built up very competitively and with a few very loyal producers paying into the game; in the end, I'm the only one left. Every single one of them saw no return for their investment, got bored with the game, and left. Now our studio is struggling because I'm the only one really playing anymore, and I'm about to throw in the towel too.

My frustration stems from the devs taking advantage of the goodwill and patience of so many loyal players and doing stuff like this - making us feel cheated and hopeless through repeated, blatant money-grabs that they KNOW turns players off, and they don't care because it's short-term lucrative for them.
If our playership and loyalty isn't being appreciated, if I can buy a Playstation game with great graphics that I KNOW I can win (based on skill and time input) and have a lot of fun playing, for less than what I've spent on a single convention in this overly frustrating and tedious game, why would anyone stick around? Why would anyone except the top 50 players and the top 5 studios have any incentive to try?
Stop alienating your players!!

#33 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 06 November 2017 - 18:50 PM

Hey Triple F

Realistically, this game is play-to-win and we're stupid to think it's anything else. I once spent $50 on diamonds and spent them all in a convention (it was during a temple week so I really wanted to help the studio) and in the end I barely scraped the top 10! People who are dropping hundreds of dollars or even thousands just to have the competitive edge will win, there's no beating them if you're a working-class person who can't afford to blow your entire wallet on an online game. Just thinking of how much money I've paid into this game already makes me slightly queasy. It's never been worth it, when others pay more and will win no matter what you do. I'm not saying this is particularly unfair - obviously if they pay the most, they should get the biggest benefit - but to spend all you have and still come up shor is beyond frustrating. My studio built up very competitively and with a few very loyal producers paying into the game; in the end, I'm the only one left. Every single one of them saw no return for their investment, got bored with the game, and left. Now our studio is struggling because I'm the only one really playing anymore, and I'm about to throw in the towel too.

My frustration stems from the devs taking advantage of the goodwill and patience of so many loyal players and doing stuff like this - making us feel cheated and hopeless through repeated, blatant money-grabs that they KNOW turns players off, and they don't care because it's short-term lucrative for them.
If our playership and loyalty isn't being appreciated, if I can buy a Playstation game with great graphics that I KNOW I can win (based on skill and time input) and have a lot of fun playing, for less than what I've spent on a single convention in this overly frustrating and tedious game, why would anyone stick around? Why would anyone except the top 50 players and the top 5 studios have any incentive to try?
Stop alienating your players!!

It only takes once on a Convention-spend to realize, you're better off just donating your diamonds to your studio to help them the best way you can during a Temple Convention challenge.  Unless you want to be that convention-winning player, spending diamonds is the only chance you have, and in the end, (and as you have realized), it's not really worth it, is it?

Also of note: Conventions are the worst return on investment in the game.  Hold on to your diamonds for something a little more lucrative, like extra chances on refinements. (smug)

-TB (flower)

#34 familyfriendlyfelix

familyfriendlyfelix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 22:31 PM

Also of note: Conventions are the worst return on investment in the game.  Hold on to your diamonds for something a little more lucrative, like extra chances on refinements. 

I thought there were some amazingly epic items you could only possibly get from winning conventions, but even then it's not worth it. I won't buy anything other than missiles for 9 diamonds in the shop, even a really good item I won't spend diamonds on, so I don't know what I was thinking tbh.
You live and you learn.

#35 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:48 AM

Equipment is always temporary. No matter how good it is, you will be replacing it soon.

Unless you have the budget to buy equipment all the time, or you really like the look of a particular item... better to save your diamonds for permanent gains.

In love with my Baby.

#36 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:18 AM

ZOMG... we are currently in the midst of a 2 hour Temple Convention...

Kill me now.... (smug)

-TB (flower)

#37 CaitlinCumgusher

CaitlinCumgusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Character:CaitlinCumgusher
  • Studio:SEXY REBELS

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:57 AM

Equipment is always temporary. No matter how good it is, you will be replacing it soon.

Are you sure you are not a girl???  Sounds like you love shopping for new clothes as much as me.

Like seriously being seen at different parties in the same dress would be horrifying

Edited by CaitlinCumgusher, 06 December 2017 - 05:59 AM.

• Analis likes this

#38 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

<looks down> Nope, not a girl.

I subscribe to the normal male method of shopping. Look until you find something that will do, buy it, drag it home. 

• CaitlinCumgusher and dparadise like this
In love with my Baby.

#39 dparadise

dparadise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationBreda
  • Character:Dparadise
  • Studio:Angels & Sinners

Posted 08 December 2017 - 19:18 PM

<looks down> Nope, not a girl.

I subscribe to the normal male method of shopping. Look until you find something that will do, buy it, drag it home. 

Lucky you Capt... For me the 'typical male method of shopping' would be simply: webshop, have it delivered home, try it on, fits? good, keep lol.

And on topic: my most hated temple is the convention, especially coming every 4 weeks. And mostly giving 2 hour conventions... Having adhd that's waaaaaaaay far beyond my attention span as well. 

Most temples are fun, 'selling and buying' temples are not often enough. Been selling my gear for the past 2 weeks non stop already, if not longer.

But a refresh on new types of temples sound fun. The one mentioned earlier by TB as well, ballots as temple, sounds awesome. We get the movie filming temple, why not a voting temple? Solid idea to me.

For as far as it comes to the energy consumption TB, actually even while I'm online and get through my energy, it takes me no more than 3.5hr. But... admitted, that's with boosters running from studio and 50% mission booster. It's do-able, and a happy chat makes it very comfortable being online :)

Happy Holidays. Wishing you all a happy, healthy and amazing 2021!

#40 BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe Isle of drublic
  • Character:BigBadWolf
  • Studio:The Pirate Alliance

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:10 AM

My concern with the changes to parties recently is that it suggests a trend of converting all of the temple missions into ones that can be influenced in their result through the use of diamonds. I really dislike that the result of a temple can be influenced purely by your capacity for bank account expenditure. Its there in conventions - and people don't like them - and now its there in parties too - and people don't like them - I guess my question is will the trend continue? whats next a change to buy SP with diamonds too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users