IceyAngels

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • World:UK1
  • Character:IceyAngels
  • Studio:Striped Pantsu

Posted 10 August 2017 - 00:11 AM

Okay, this is really getting monotous and I, personally, have had enough.  There are over 12 temple tasks and in the past 6 weeks, 3 of them have been conventions.  I am sure with all the servers between BBE and HZ you are getting quite the donation of real money that you don't have to continually do this.  Why are they not being rotated anymore?

• DildoKing, ClamEater, ivorbigun and 2 others like this

#2 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Character:Pinkyslapalot
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:38 AM

Other than a blatant money grab to get the very few insane diamond spenders on these convention temples, what other answer do you have?   I completely agree with you Iceyangels.   And if the conventions are 1.5 hour or 2 hours long, I can see many, many more players quitting because of this crappy temple.

• ivorbigun, Eileendover, BigBadWolf and 1 other like this

#3 Sydney

Sydney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:48 AM

I fear this is the case because many people complained in the past that the convention temple was a poor temple simply because there were never any conventions. Now, the developers make sure that this temple comes around every time there are many conventions, which usually occurs during special events. Problem is, they may have taken it to the extreme, or of course, realised how much money they're making with the move. At the end of the day though, can you blame them if it is a money grabbing exercise? 

• CaptC likes this

#4 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • Character:CaptChrissy

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:55 AM

So, I don't want this to be just a gripe session. How can Playata make temple conventions more palatable?

One specific (and pointed) suggestion IceyAngels made was that convention temples be less frequent.

Wuffy has suggested that the very long conventions, 90 minutes or 2 hours, are particularly troublesome.  (I agree, they take so much time and disrupt so much of your day, that the energy you gain from participating is useless. You can't use your normal energy, let alone the extra.) So let's make the suggestion that shorter conventions, the normal 30 minute to hour ones, would be preferred.

Any other suggestions?

• DildoKing, BigBadWolf and NGS like this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#5 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:58 AM

I fear this is the case because many people complained in the past that the convention temple was a poor temple simply because there were never any conventions. Now, the developers make sure that this temple comes around every time there are many conventions, which usually occurs during special events. Problem is, they may have taken it to the extreme, or of course, realised how much money they're making with the move. At the end of the day though, can you blame them if it is a money grabbing exercise? 

I will take my fair share of the blame for this, Sydney. I know I complained bitterly that a convention temple without conventions was really stupid.  And the good news is, they listened and did something to try to satisfy the complaints.  For that, thank you Playata...

...but there has to be a line somewhere between "no conventions" and "way too much time required to do daily conventions".  I had no idea at the time of my complaint, that we would get three 2 hour conventions a day.  Somewhere in between, there has to be a reasonable compromise.

In love with my Baby.

#6 IceyAngels

IceyAngels

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:34 AM

Compromise, rotate them out properly.  When was the last time we did skill missions for temple?  Sell items for temple?  Time missions for temple?   For someone who lives in the Western part of North America none of the conventions are in my time zone basically or when they are, I am at work.   Yes Sydney I can blame them if it is a money grabbing exercise.  I buy diamonds, although not by the thousands of dollars like a few players, but eventually the well will run dry and in the meantime all the regular players will quit.  Leaving them with nothing.  

• Yibbies and Phnyx like this

#7 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:32 AM

1. Films
2. Time MISSIONS
3. Conventions
4. Parties
5. Fight MISSIONS
6. Duels
7. Selling Items
8. Time MISSIONS
9. Films
10. Conventions
11. Parties
12. Films
13. Duels
14. Fight MISSIONS
15. Selling Items
16. Films
17. Duels
18. Time MISSIONS
19. Parties
20. Selling Items
21. Films
22. Conventions
23. Skill MISSIONS Stamina
24. Silver Coins
25. Exp Points
26. Skill MISSIONS Finesse
27. Silk Sheets
28. Conventions
29. Skill MISSIONS Strength
30. Buying Skill Points
31. Skill MISSIONS Charisma
32. Panda Plushies (Time)
33. Selling Items
34. Skill MISSIONS Strength
35. Time MISSIONS
36. Exp Points
37. Silk Sheets
38. Conventions
39. Films
40. Buying Skill Points
41. Conventions
42. Silver Coins
43. Parties
44. Duels
45. Conventions

There have been 17 (semi) different Temples now.

7/45 of those have been Conventions: that's a frequency of 15,5%.

So we get one chance out of 6,5 that we get conventions.

Getting a generic Mission Temple is one chance out of 4.

Somehow that doesn't seem right.

Missions are a FAR bigger part of this game.

With Conventions being the most frustrating part of the game, that's not right.

The frequency is off. And nobody is ever waiting for another Convention Temple.

It has nothing to do with skill, team work or even stupid luck.

It hasn't even to do with lucky timing anymore as they are all announced.

So how to fix Convention Temples?

- 30min or 1h Conventions

- special items reserved to that week

- less of them

- LESS OF THEM

PS: I'm not saying this as never having won one of these Temples before.

Convention Temples are simply bad for morale, wallets and esprit de corps.

That's not griping. They harm the game as they turn players sour.

• DildoKing, mel25, TaraBing and 6 others like this

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#8 Yibbies

Yibbies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Character:Yibbies
  • Studio:Bros & Hoes

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

My favorite part of the Convention temples is finding out who the winner was at the end and punching them in a duel... Win or lose, these are my least favorite temples

• IceyAngels, TaraBing, Analis and 5 others like this

#9 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 10 August 2017 - 13:18 PM

Might I venture another idea?

Simply let me do normal missions while a convention is going on. The most frustrating thing for me is that conventions stop me from doing what I want to do.

I dislike dueling temples, because they tie me to the computer.  But I can farm.

I love movie temples. And I can still farm.

Finding items means I can't farm optimally - but i am still farming.

Hunting for parties I am farming... and while the parties themselves stop me from farming, they are essentially free energy and high value missions, over a short period of time, once or twice a day.

You might detect a theme.

Conventions stop me from doing what I want to be doing, AND substitute low return shows instead, AND they tie me to the computer. The worst of all possible combinations. And my reward? More energy that I WANT to use, but I can't because there is another convention starting soon...

• TaraBing, Analis, Yibbies and 3 others like this
In love with my Baby.

#10 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 10 August 2017 - 14:11 PM

With 3 of the last 8 Temple Challenges being Convention Showings, I think everyone has had enough of their least favorite challenge occurring this frequently.

The longest drought on Convention Showings (as a Temple) was a 10-week gap... (from Weeks 11 to 21), and it was GLORIOUS!  <insert angel-choir music>

I'm not privy to the financials of the game, but my guess is Conventions are a "money-maker" with big diamond spenders hauling out what amounts to 'pay for win' scenarios.  The first of the many conventions scheduled this Temple week just finished, and the winning player (on UK2) had 400 showings. It was a 2 hour convention.

I'm all for the game makers staying solvent, but FOUR HUNDRED SHOWINGS ! ?  Other than the top of the line item coming that player's way (which becomes obsolete eventually), and the extra energy won - how is this a good thing?  Might the diamonds spent to win that convention had been better suited being played as a direct donation to the player's studio? (smug)

-TB (flower)

PS: My suggestion is less Temple Convention frequency.  And make them quicker...  2 Hours is 90 minutes to 1 hour too long.

• mel25, Analis, Yibbies and 2 others like this

#11 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 10 August 2017 - 15:17 PM

Here's a radical idea...

What if Conventions (all of them, not just Temple Challenge ones), gave you the OPTION to play in ONE of THREE lengths...

Kind of like the way Movie-Making works.

If you only have time for 30 minute conventions, you jump in on that one.  The convention window is only open for the MAX LONGEST convention time. 

Example:

You jump into a convention that started 35 minutes ago... you see 3 choices...

• A 2 hour Convention with 1 Hour and 25 Minutes remaining.
  • A 1 hour Convention with 1 Hour remaining.
  • A 30 minute Convention with 30 Minutes remaining.

In other words, the smaller time conventions don't start counting down their time-remaining until the max window on the convention period is closing.

Bigger prizes are given to those that had the most showings, just like normal.  And the results of the convention are the same as well... if you only play a 30 minute window, you're not going to do as well as someone that was their for the full 2 hours.

Actually, this is a fantastically stupid idea!  If you only have time for a 30 minute set of shows - you'll do about 30 minutes of showings, regardless of the total time allowed for convention.

Yeah, if someone can improve upon this suggestion - please do, but otherwise, I don't think I have quite figured out why having time options helps (just yet).  (smug)

-TB (flower)

• Yibbies and Phnyx like this

#12 zile

zile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 18:16 PM

Conventions are fun being done casually and also convention temple is alright once in a while, but 2hours ones cmon? Even if i was jobless and with nothing better to do i still wouldn't be clicking like a moron for 2 hours 2-3 times a day, i like my studio but not that much. Other thing, i buy diamonds but there's at least 10 better ways to spend them than on a convention pimping (?!?) (especially if they are this long and often), last two temple tasks are exhausting, time consuming and just not fun to do for a whole week, and not that im threatening or that anyone cares but motivation for the game really dropped, most people play facebook game(s) to chat some, meet some people, play some games to relax, if i wanted to be full time gamer i'd play better games, no offense, and i know at least a few more people that feel the same. I don't understand why developers can't understand that.

• Yibbies likes this

#13 FetWolf

FetWolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Character:FetWolf
  • Studio:Sophie's Studio

Posted 10 August 2017 - 19:06 PM

Yup!!! Highly agree with Mel25.
Should have a convention once a month on selling items.
And like IceyAngel, I also live in North America. Toronto, Ontario, Canada to be exact Some of these conventions are not suitable to me with the time zone difference. :(

#14 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 10 August 2017 - 20:25 PM

There are US servers, fetwolf.  Just saying.

In love with my Baby.

#15 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 10 August 2017 - 22:34 PM

They are?  I thought mine was UK because it says UK1 / UK2.

I know the RESET corresponds with GMT - Europe, but I guess that could just be a "programming" deal.

Yup!!! Highly agree with Mel25.
Should have a convention once a month on selling items.
And like IceyAngel, I also live in North America. Toronto, Ontario, Canada to be exact Some of these conventions are not suitable to me with the time zone difference. :(

Hey FetWolf, the game seems to be doing better with dispersing convention times around the clock/globe.  At least we know when the next 3 are going to be happening when you hover your mouse over "the gong icon" in the studio.  That's a plus we didn't use to have.  (smug)

-TB (flower)

#16 IceyAngels

IceyAngels

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:38 AM

Great, when I started there was only UK1.  So now I should just drop this character and start a brand new one on a US server to make it more convenient.  I highly doubt that will happen.  If I leave this server I am not going to waste time starting a new character.  Seriously, you can see but the input here that players are getting tired of them.  But hey, look they have a diamond sale to correspond with the players who do the 400 shows....  I can think of something better to spend $120 on and it is not the 20,000 diamond pack.

• ivorbigun likes this

#17 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:14 AM

Apologies - I read this wrong. (grin)

Yes - there are US servers.

There are 4 servers I know of, two in UK (UK1, UK2), and two in US (NU1, US2), with NU1 being the only one that shows explicit genitalia - oh the humanity of cartoon-nudity, especially in movie-covers.   :X

-TB (flower)

• Eileendover likes this

#18 wuffy

wuffy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Character:Pinkyslapalot

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:37 PM

So far every convention I've seen for this temple has been 90 minutes or 2 hours long.  These are way too long.   You are going to have many users boycotting convention temples or even quitting the game because of this.  Please use some common sense and limit the conventions to 1 hour MAX.  Thank you.

• ivorbigun likes this

#19 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 11 August 2017 - 13:47 PM

IceyAngels, I was merely noting a possibility, not suggesting that anyone change servers. I play on UK1, and live with inconvenient play times myself.

In love with my Baby.

#20 Sydney

Sydney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 15:42 PM

Honestly, and this is a very radical and unrealistic expectation I know, perhaps the best thing is to remove the temples entirely.

Ever since their introduction, MOST of the comments I've heard up until now have been negative. All the temple has seemingly done is breed more negativity towards others, in a game that I think already has its fair share. Examples of comments I've heard are 'that studio is spending diamonds to win' and 'this player isn't contributing.'

So in my opinion, why not remove a feature which, in my experience at least, few people seem to enjoy? See, said it was a radical and unrealistic expectation :D 

• ivorbigun likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users