• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 28 July 2017 - 17:11 PM

This has to be one of the most teeth-grinding and frustrating things in the game; using up or throwing away your missiles, especially in the middle of a thrown weapon or duel dick-starter or a studio fight double-header. The later is particularly nasty because there's no time to reload, even if you watch the replays as soon as they are ready. They already happened. This happened to me recently on one of my stars. I was doing well in the 1st fight and got the message at the end of it. Next one, I got face-smashed.

Wouldn't it be lovely to be able to pick up for notes or a few diamonds some kind of short insurance policy on your thrown weapons? I don't care what it would be called. Maybe a cuff or a lock of some kind. Just something to guarantee they stay intact for the big fight coming up or the bunch of duels you plan on doing.

Just a casual now

#2 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 28 July 2017 - 20:36 PM

Hi Ei,

Not sure how it would look on the present interface, but it sounds like you're suggesting having a missile backup queue? Sort of like an icon of throw weapons (in a second slot) to automatically replace the first icon when depleted?

-TB (flower)

#3 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 28 July 2017 - 22:30 PM

Hi Ei,

Not sure how it would look on the present interface, but it sounds like you're suggesting having a missile backup queue? Sort of like an icon of throw weapons (in a second slot) to automatically replace the first icon when depleted?

-TB (flower)

That could work. Really just anything to make sure they are don't go away when needed. The 1st time this happened to me, I honestly thought it was some kind of bug because I never seen such a silly thing in a game, lol

Just give me pistols :P

Just a casual now

#4 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:34 AM

Personally, not in favor. It takes a live person logging in to make sure missiles are properly equipped.  One of he things that encourages studios to get rid of inactive players, is their missiles run out and they become liabilities in studio fights. If you can just load up every missile into a queue, studios can keep zombies longer by paying for doubles.

Protect the jobs of the living!

Let the zombies suffer.

LOL

• Analis likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#5 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 29 July 2017 - 13:06 PM

Well loading them up wasn't the original thought. It was  another suggestion or request for clarification. And I guess I should have said no, that isn't what I meant. I can keep extras in my storage. I do. Thing is, it doesn't matter  how many I have in storage or even if I am there or not if they go flying in the middle of a fight or at the end of one when there's 2. There's no opportunity to reload it. I could be online and click the studio fight replay the second it's available and there's still no way I could effect what happened to my missiles during those  fights.The used up message you can sort of gauge; like every 10-20 duels or something. The thrown out the window is random. I've had it happen twice in 5 minutes.

a lock , or some other way to insure they stay put for a  short period of time would require me to be there to see that it's done.

Just a casual now

#6 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 29 July 2017 - 13:08 PM

My silly statements regarding zombies aside, I see two suggestions here.  Both are worth passing along to the devs.:

1. Eileendover suggests that you can buy an option such that you CANNOT run out of missiles mid-fight.  Kind of like Hollywood infinite shot pistols.

2. Tara suggests extra ammo in your possession is loaded up as speed reloads, so that you can still run out of ammo but you have to use up all the ammo you own before that will happen.

In love with my Baby.

#7 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 29 July 2017 - 13:11 PM

Thanx!

coffee was late this morning (kiss)

Just a casual now

#8 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 29 July 2017 - 13:22 PM

I guess I never noticed a difference in text, Eileendover.  I do not think you actually ever randomly decide to throw away unused missiles. I think there might be different text for when you run out of missiles in a duel, versus in a studio fight, but those messages are just notifying you that you have used up all your shots.

In love with my Baby.

#9 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 29 July 2017 - 16:47 PM

I guess I never noticed a difference in text, Eileendover.  I do not think you actually ever randomly decide to throw away unused missiles. I think there might be different text for when you run out of missiles in a duel, versus in a studio fight, but those messages are just notifying you that you have used up all your shots.

I'll try to get a screen shot the next time I see it. Something like "You've fought diligently and thrown your missiles right out the window!" then option to ignore or go to shop. But yeah, if you always use the best ones you have and stick the old one in storage, you could only have 3 or 4 shots on it when you bring it back in. Maybe a solution is to show an ammo amount remaining on them. I'd still not cry if the whole nonsense was completely removed from the game

Just a casual now

#10 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 29 July 2017 - 17:06 PM

The number of shots remaining in a set of missiles IS shown. 

In love with my Baby.

#11 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 29 July 2017 - 17:16 PM

In that case...

D'oh!

Have seen the number when I equip them. never realized it counts down. ty

Just a casual now

#12 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 29 July 2017 - 17:28 PM

Hey Ei,

While I like your idea, I personally think the game does a good job on how missiles are handled (well, sort of).  Knowing how the game works and working around this knowledge can help us be prepared for those two studio duels in a day that can have your missiles drying up before you return...

1. Keep a least 1 (or 2) spare missiles around (sounds like you already do this, Ei)

2. When missile counts gets low, swap them out for higher triple-digit counts for studio battles before sign off...
    (even if slightly less damage is done, delivering extra lower damage is better than none)

3. Use up your teen counts of missiles on personal duels (if dueling is part of your strategy)

4. Sell off your throw weapons (to the register) when the counts reach single digits, with one exception...

5. EXCEPTION; Save your gold-frame weapons for the Temple Challenge 'selling items' event - they are worth 10 points now when you sell during that time.

Outside of that - I got a big bag of nothing on further suggestions... (smug)

-TB (flower)

• Eileendover likes this

#13 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 29 July 2017 - 18:22 PM

yep. I feel rather silly now. I knew it showed the number when I buy or win them. I just didn't notice it kept a running countdown. Oh well. maybe someone else will learn from my embarrassment and won't have to ask.

Just a casual now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users