• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 21 July 2017 - 15:54 PM

How about a mine trophy that explodes after a random amount of studio fights from 1-10 and takes out one other trophy from both studios when it goes off? It would be of no consequence to the holder if they have no other trophies. It would need to be immune to being dropped by the studio so that eventually, through being attacked, it will go off at some point. Just for fun,disguise them as another type of trophy when viewed by another studio.

(clown)

So, I am a little unsure of the mine trophy per se.  An interesting idea, but I think i prefer it not as a separate trophy, but perhaps as a different kind of 'decay' effect.  What if trophies didn't lose effectiveness or add additional combat penalties, but if they got more than say, 2 weeks old, they blew up and were randomized?

I know that I really like that idea as the decay cost of the Old Maid trophy i proposed elsewhere.  The biggest problem I saw with the old maid is that it will get stuck in the top level studio, and would not be circulating through other studios to reuse as weaponry.  

But if the Old Maid blows up when it gets old, that will keep it recycling.

Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#23 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 22 July 2017 - 15:33 PM

I certainly haven;t thought about it near as much as you, Capt nor do I have the practical experience of working in a front-running studio (hopefully, that's a yet) It was just a kooky idea that came to me as I was reading this thread so I flopped it out there. I probably should have called it something else, like time bomb or hot potato. I don't see why the ideas couldn't be merged somehow. But the one obvious problem with anything that would destroy a trophy or some other one is what then? Does it just cease to exist? If not then where would it go? 

Just a casual now

#24 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 22 July 2017 - 19:08 PM

I think it gets randomized like when new trophies show up, or when a studio sells a trophy. The replacement shows up at the next fight time in a random studio, usually in the 50 to 150 range.

• Eileendover likes this
In love with my Baby.

#25 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 16:05 PM

Since you've mentioned it, I've been wondering about what exactly happens when a studio lets go of a trophy out of their own will... We've actually scheduled an attack on a studio with a movie-making trophy for today, but they inexplicably released it soon afterwards (they could at least keep it until today to be able to shoot one more movie) and it randomly ended up in a different studio. So I get that part now. But is there any compensation involved, since you've used the term "sell"? If so, how much notes do you get in return?

Edited by Amberson, 23 July 2017 - 16:07 PM.

#26 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 23 July 2017 - 16:33 PM

Sorry, I mispoke.  You actually pay 400 diamonds to get rid of it. It is like calling for the junkman... they will take away your unwanted trophy, but you don't get their services for free.

I should also say, that you cannot choose to get rid of a trophy while you are under attack. Perhaps the other studio attacked someone else and deliberately lost, so they can defeat you without that big penalty. When my studios were rising through the ranks, we perfected ambushes like that... so much so, that some of the higher level studios stopped attacking us.

If you are convinced that they actually sold the trophy off DURING the time you had them under attack, I believe you have uncovered a bug.

In love with my Baby.

#27 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 17:02 PM

Thanks for the explanation.

It's clear now that they didn't release it but lost it in an unwisely chosen attack (I forgot about this possibility). It's a much weaker studio and they couldn't defeat us regardless of the penalty. We already stole one or two trophies from them in the past, so I thought that they released it out of spite, but they most likely lost it inadvertently in a fight they already had set up...

Edited by Amberson, 23 July 2017 - 17:07 PM.

#28 Yibbies

Yibbies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Character:Yibbies
  • Studio:Bros & Hoes

Posted 30 July 2017 - 14:49 PM

One thing I've thought about, in regards to a "negative" type of prize/trophy...  One that teleports your entire studio to an entirely different server, just to "mix" things up a bit and see some new faces to duel...

#29 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 30 July 2017 - 20:29 PM

I think that is too big a thing to talk about in this thread. Feel free to start another topic with multi-server suggestions, however.

In love with my Baby.

#30 Rabelina

Rabelina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:46 AM

I agree that something needs to be done.

Especially on NU1 the situation is too static which, combined with the OP new film trophies will eventually lead to a two tier game.  

Those with extra films and those without, i dont know if it's possible to permanently have more than one film trophy  even in the duopoly that is NU1, but if so they need to increase its penalty until it isnt.

25%+ seems more reasonable given that having it for the week is almost equivalent to each studio member winning the BBAs, for that week.

Anything that gently destabilizes the current hegemony is likely to be better than the alternative.

Also convention temples are terrible and need to die. Thank you.

• TaraBing likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trophy, equalizer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users