• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:36 AM

What do people think of the new modifications?

The following changes were deployed today (2017-07-11):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Features
Studio boosters
• You can now buy boosters for your studio, which affect all members
• With one type of booster you can reduce the duration of missions
• The other type grants you higher rewards for duels

Studio battles
• You can win a new studio trophy which allows to make an additional movie per day

Conventions
• There are 10 new items for men as well as for women you can win at conventions
• Also there are 2 corresponding item pattern collections for you to complete

Maintenance
General
• Several smaller issues have been fixed

Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#2 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • World:UK2
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:25 AM

I haven't found the new boosters for your studio or how they work just yet.

For those of you in studios able to get trophies and keep them, how is the extra movie thing working out for you (assuming you've captured the extra-movie making trophy)?

Likewise, I'm not sure what the 2 new collections are, just yet... but keep your eyes peeled...   (smug)

-TB  (flower)

PS: If you see anything unusual, out of the ordinary, or related and worthy of discussing... please reply in kind.

#3 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:35 AM

You buy the boosts on the studio page.  There is a new icon in the top middle.

In love with my Baby.

#4 Sydney

Sydney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:39 AM

I'm not a fan of this update honestly. 

The studio boosters, I would have liked to have seen it done in the same way as it is done in HZ, with the option of buying boosters for notes, much like the player boosters work. At present, studios I have been in have more notes than they'll ever use and I feel not having boosters that cost notes is a missed opportunity. In addition, I feel the boosters are too expensive for their respective effects.

The new trophy, while it sounds exciting, is just another trophy that penalises those that don't have the time to invest into the game, which I feel is already a big enough problem as it is. Plus, it's just another tool to help the big studios get even bigger, especially for the movies temple.

Finally, the convention items, well, I've never been interested in them as an F2P player since I know I'll never be able to obtain them without the help of diamonds.

So, all in all, as I've said, I'm not impressed with this update. Feel free to call me miserable (because it's probably true) :D 

P.S. The new item collections can be found under the sewing machine. Under the names of 'Barbarian' and 'Queen/King of the Jungle'.

• ivorbigun and CaptC like this

#5 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:59 AM

You buy the boosts on the studio page.  There is a new icon in the top middle.

OH!  LOOK IT THERE!  That's a bit pricey... almost 500 diamonds to boost 10%.  And it lasts, how long?  A week?

Is it paid with personal diamonds or studio diamonds?

I'm not a fan of this update honestly. 

:

P.S. The new item collections can be found under the sewing machine. Under the names of 'Barbarian' and 'Queen/King of the Jungle'.

Oh, I saw those (Barbarian and Queen of the Jungle) and thought I already had them / saw them before.

See how much I pay attention?  It's too costly to pay attention... probably costs almost 500 diamonds to do so!   (smug)

-TB (flower)

#6 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:11 AM

The boosts last a week, and are paid with studio diamonds. I think the energy one is a no brainer for an active studio.  If diamonds are scarce, the dueling one seems a bit weaker.

The movie trophies popped after the first fight.  Anyone know the penalty for them?

In love with my Baby.

#7 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:13 AM

That is a very good point, Sydney... there is a distinct lack of notes sinks for studios after you upgrade your studio benefits.

In love with my Baby.

#8 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:19 AM

In general, I like the new game features, even though they are mostly meant for "the chosen ones"... The studio boosters are a cool idea (we already have both active), even if it's just a small boost. You invest a certain amount of energy into a mission like before, but now it takes about minute or two shorter to finish thanks to the new mission booster. The impact of the booster for duels is less noticeable... The additional collections are also nice, but I newer ever won any special item at a convention, so I don't expect to get my hands on them.

The new trophy is a cool idea in theory (I remember it being suggested on the forum before), but I fear that it gives the players of the studio holding it (most likely Bros and Hoes) too much of an advantage in the BBAs. If players like Analis, LittleLola and others, who already consistently produce nice covers and finish high in the competition, will now have the advantage of a +70% visibility of their films in the voting, than the rest of us don't have much of a chance to compete with them...

Yeah, you can always apply to be a member of the best studio in possession of the movie making trophy, bet there's only 30 spots available with almost all of them already occupied... This also works the other way around in that if you're the lucky one to have such a huge advantage, the win might have less of a value for you than before.... But maybe it all works differently than I think and the extra movies that you complete don't give your submission that much of a boost in the voting.

#9 Yibbies

Yibbies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Character:Yibbies
  • Studio:Bros & Hoes

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:31 AM

I love the new studio boosts here... I will help to keep them active as long as I can   (grin) 

• Analis and Donatela like this

#10 Yibbies

Yibbies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Character:Yibbies
  • Studio:Bros & Hoes

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

OH!  LOOK IT THERE!  That's a bit pricey... almost 500 diamonds to boost 10%.  And it lasts, how long?  A week?

Is it paid with personal diamonds or studio diamonds?

Oh, I saw those (Barbarian and Queen of the Jungle) and thought I already had them / saw them before.

See how much I pay attention?  It's too costly to pay attention... probably costs almost 500 diamonds to do so!   (smug)

-TB (flower)

They are funded with Studio diamonds, so it's good to have active players in the Temple to build a lead

• Analis and Donatela like this

#11 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

I see there are at least 4 of those new trophies, which is a bit fairer. And given that every studio can have only 5 trophies at a time, there will be a few more of them in circulation now... But in the end, almost all of them will still stay within the top studios just like before, so nothing changes... The strong will only become stronger and all the rest weaker.

Edited by Amberson, 11 July 2017 - 11:43 AM.

#12 Donatela

Donatela

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHolland
  • Character:Donatela
  • Studio:Bros and Hoes

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

You dont need any trophy or a big bag of diamonds to win or end up high in the BBA 

You need members that do ballots and vote for their fellow studio members. (and you need some help from non studio players)

Even if you make more movies by holding that movie trophy ... you still can enter just one movie in the BBA

And with 20% penalty a pop ... you keep um ... we dont want um ... dont need um. 

Our members work hard and at the end of the day its the team effort that wins ... 

And yes ... We got the pretty faces .. that helps also ;)

B&H ... We are init to winit. 

• Analis, Yibbies, CaptC and 1 other like this

Dona2017.gif

#13 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

The new trophy is a cool idea in theory (I remember it being suggested on the forum before), but I fear that it gives the players of the studio holding it (most likely Bros and Hoes) too much of an advantage in the BBAs. If players like Analis, LittleLola and others, who already consistently produce nice covers and finish high in the competition, will now have the advantage of a +70% visibility of their films in the voting, than the rest of us don't have much of a chance to compete with them...

You made my nose itch... :happy:

Right now these 4 Film Trophies are in the hands of 4 smaller studios. I'll keep contact with the ones I know in there to see what effects they have on "publicity" - if they don't visit the forum themselves. You need to keep in mind though that one Film Trophy costs your studio -20% skills in studio fights. If you're not familiar with Trophy costs: an energy trophy costs your players 10% skills and a courage trophy (duels) costs them 7% in skills during a studio fight. These are the penalties the top 10 trophy-holding studios in UK2 now have:

B&H 41%

Drublic 10%

BG 30%

LD 7%

C69 10%

D30 31%

DB96 10%

PPP 24%

Sorry if there would be mistakes: quick counting.

Apart from B&H, BG, D30 and PPP no-one has been able for quite some time to have trophies on hand that give a larger penalty than 20%. The trophies these studios now have, are pretty much what they are all capable of holding. Unless something major would change. Replacing 2 or even 3 of these maintainable trophies for "only" 1 film trophy (in order to actually keep it for a while) is not as easy as it sounds. Trust me. In the past 6 months B&H had to fight for each trophy, and then for actually being able to keep that trophy.

And in my head... it's one thing to get a trophy.

But what use does it have if you can't keep it?

I see there are at least 4 of those new trophies, which is a bit fairer. And given that every studio can have only 5 trophies at a time, there will be a few more of them in circulation now... But in the end, almost all of them will still stay within the top studios just like before, so nothing changes... The strong will only become stronger and all the rest weaker.

I'd disagree.

That one extra film a day could equal 40 energy (2 energy trophies).

If that one is a SP film, the Film Trophy gets you more than the energy Trophies, yes.

But I'd prefer having a steady, stable supply of extra energy over making one extra film a day.

And I do think most people in the top studios would agree.

It's a great Trophy to have.

But something with a B to keep it.

• CaptC and LittleLola like this

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#14 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:19 PM

With a -20% penalty, movie temples just got a bit more exciting. Studios are going to be scrambling to take those trophies, and they are very hard to defend.

I will also note, trophies are not only prizes to keep. They are weapons to dump on other studios, as well. And now there is a -20% nuclear option.  LOL

• Analis and Yibbies like this
In love with my Baby.

#15 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:23 PM

You dont need any trophy or a big bag of diamonds to win or end up high in the BBA 

You need members that do ballots and vote for their fellow studio members. (and you need some help from non studio players)

Even if you make more movies by holding that movie trophy ... you still can enter just one movie in the BBA

And with 20% penalty a pop ... you keep um ... we dont want um ... dont need um. 

Our members work hard and at the end of the day its the team effort that wins ... 

And yes ... We got the pretty faces .. that helps also ;)

B&H ... We are init to winit. 

How often your movie shows also matters. And the more movies you make, the more often it is seen.  Unless there is a cap on how often your movie is selected.

In love with my Baby.

#16 Jillian

Jillian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

I like having the new boosters.. My studio has had 5 energy trophies going for the past 2 months or so , so I doubt we will want to go for a movie one. Don't like the convention collections...since I only need one more item in the other convention collections.. Hope they don't interfere with the new ones showing up more -.- Anything for more diamond buyers I guess

#17 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 11 July 2017 - 13:41 PM

I disagree. Any studio in a glory fight for a particular ranking on the board are going to avoid these trophies like the plague.  My NU1 studio is in second and trying for first. We have zero desire for a movie making trophy. Our opponents in the #1 spot, are of course welcome to have all they want.

Go for it, JuliaB! LOL

In love with my Baby.

#18 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 14:16 PM

Right now these 4 Film Trophies are in the hands of 4 smaller studios. I'll keep contact with the ones I know in there to see what effects they have on "publicity" - if they don't visit the forum themselves. You need to keep in mind though that one Film Trophy costs your studio -20% skills in studio fights. If you're not familiar with Trophy costs: an energy trophy costs your players 10% skills and a courage trophy (duels) costs them 7% in skills during a studio fight. These are the penalties the top 10 trophy-holding studios in UK2 now have:

Apart from B&H, BG, D30 and PPP no-one has been able for quite some time to have trophies on hand that give a larger penalty than 20%. The trophies these studios now have, are pretty much what they are all capable of holding. Unless something major would change. Replacing 2 or even 3 of these maintainable trophies for "only" 1 film trophy (in order to actually keep it for a while) is not as easy as it sounds. Trust me. In the past 6 months B&H had to fight for each trophy, and then for actually being able to keep that trophy.

Didn’t know that the penalty is 20%...  But even though in general I understand your points, I still view the trophies as a more of an advantage than a disadvantage. If it was the other way around, they wouldn’t all be concentrated in the top studios and all the weaker studios wouldn’t be immediately targeted whenever they got a hold of any trophy.

The trophies help you to progress and become stronger more quickly, they help you to finish more missions in a day, to be more successful in the Temple etc. Ok, there’s a downside to it in that the more trophies you have, the weaker you are in studio fights, even though it can be reduced by the trophy stickers to a certain degree. The weaker you are the less likely you are to hold the trophies... But who will take them from you, if there’s only a bunch of studios who are progressing at the fastest rate and constantly getting stronger than all the rest? It’s a never ending spiral of success and most of these new game features, even if I like them, only amplify it. For example, the studio that gets the most diamonds in the Temple can buy the new mission booster the most easily which in turn helps them to become even stronger in the Temple.

You also have the option to keep a certain trophy mix in your possession, use it to your maximum advantage and after a while release a particular trophy or replace it with another that is more effective, so in the long-term you gain much more than you lose.

And I do get that there’s a lot of work behind it, that the trophies don’t just fall out of the sky, but you have to earn them. You have to be active, invest real money etc., but as I said, after a while you find yourself in a spiral of success, where you don’t have to do more than other people playing the game, but get much more in return for your effort... Yeah, if you put in enough of an effort as a player, the top studios will notice you after a certain time a invite you to join them, but this only solidifies the hegemony of the already superior studios and weakens the competition in the game.

A thing to consider by developers would be to introduce more trophies, so that it would be impossible for the top studios to hold them all. Maybe the individual trophies could even offer various degrees of advantage (i.e. 20 extra energy vs. 10 extra energy) and the penalty rate could be determined by the individual characteristics of a studio (just like a progressive tax rate). I don’t want to take the trophies from the top studios, but it could be fun for the weaker ones, if they had something to fight for and compete with each other in their own “lightweight” category as well…

That one extra film a day could equal 40 energy (2 energy trophies).

If that one is a SP film, the Film Trophy gets you more than the energy Trophies, yes.

But I'd prefer having a steady, stable supply of extra energy over making one extra film a day.

And I do think most people in the top studios would agree.

The thing is that we’re not talking only about the advantage that comes from more energy here… As I said previously, the movie trophy gives the individual players a significant boost in the BBAs if it in fact does increase the visibility of their covers by 70%. There’s a potential flip side to it too, though... If the other players recognize your advantage and the higher amount of repeated sucess that comes from it, they might just decide to vote against you, just like some players prefer to vote for their team mates regardless of the cover quality...

I know that I’m starting to get annoyed by the same looking covers of a couple of people that started to appear at the top all the time recently. Not gonna name anyone (I will just say that it isn’t someone from B&H – I genuinely like most of the successful covers that you guys produce ;)), don’t know if other people really like those covers so much or if there’s some voting manipulation involved, but I’m not happy with this trend and how other, in my oppinion better looking covers don’t get the deserved rewards and recognition because of it.

Edited by Amberson, 11 July 2017 - 14:24 PM.

• Analis and Yibbies like this

#19 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 14:35 PM

I disagree. Any studio in a glory fight for a particular ranking on the board are going to avoid these trophies like the plague.  My NU1 studio is in second and trying for first. We have zero desire for a movie making trophy. Our opponents in the #1 spot, are of course welcome to have all they want.

Not every studio and its members are concentrated on the glory rankings... Some care more about their individual progress. If they all progress quickly, the studio as a whole is strong and finds itself high up the glory ranking, but that doesn't have to be their main goal. I personally couldn't care less about being in a No.1 studio. If the second or third or fourth one allows me to level up more quickly and accomplish other personal goals of mine in the game, than I would  rather go there instead. Plus there is also the social aspect - in other words, the people who you play with... If you already know someone  and get along with them well, then it makes sense for you to want to play with them and not someone else with whom you don't have that connection...

• Analis likes this

#20 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 11 July 2017 - 14:41 PM

I know that I’m starting to get annoyed by the same looking covers of a couple of people that started to appear at the top all the time recently. Not gonna name anyone (I will just say that it isn’t someone from B&H – I genuinely like most of the successful covers that you guys produce), don’t know if other people really like those covers so much or if there’s some voting manipulation involved, but I’m not happy with this trend and how other, in my oppinion better looking covers don’t get the deserved rewards and recognition because of it.

I know what you mean. It's... cheap.

And what I was going for with what I said before (in short):

Of course trophies are fun. That's why we have and keep 5.

I don't think you need to worry about top studios going for the Film Trophy though.

It's too cumbersome and actually damaging to go for Film instead of Energy and Courage.

The best use for them actually seems to me to give smaller or less active studios a boost.

Or to make up for dormant or less active members during a Temple run.

It's a nice trophy, yup.

But not worth it to lose other stuff for it.

• Yibbies, CaptC and Donatela like this

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users