• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 26 June 2017 - 17:23 PM

Wouldn't it be cool if on the last day before one of your films goes up for voting, you had the chance to take your selected film back into the studio for final edits? It would also serve as a reminder of what you have selected and that the time is nearly up to pick a different one if you want to.

This way, a player could attempt to acquire appropriate attire to better complete their vision and/or maybe earn or buy more diamonds in order to make desired changes.

• TaraBing, CaptC and Amberson like this

Just a casual now

#2 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 27 June 2017 - 21:39 PM

I posted a similar suggestion at one point.

Why just one? There doesn't seem any reason that any cover shouldn't be available for editing, up until the time it 'ships'.

• TaraBing and Eileendover like this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#3 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 27 June 2017 - 22:27 PM

I posted a similar suggestion at one point.

Why just one? There doesn't seem any reason that any cover shouldn't be available for editing, up until the time it 'ships'.

Okay. Twist my arm  :X

• CaptC likes this

Just a casual now

#4 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 28 June 2017 - 00:58 AM

This suggestion would change the current dynamic of the game for creating Big Bang Award submissions, and not necessarily for the worse.  I will forward the suggestion, and who knows it might actually get implemented ...   (smug)

-TB  (flower)

• Eileendover likes this

#5 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:18 AM

Okay. Twist my arm  :X

Arms are not really that much fun to twist. LOL

Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#6 Amberson

Amberson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 23:28 PM

I'm all up for final edits, but it would already satisfy me enough if you could at least see a preview of your customized title during the actual shoot to know how it looks on the cover, if it isn't too long and so on... An option to be able to do some additional changes once you payed for your own title would be also welcomed. I think you should be able to completely change it, but even the ability to leave out a certain word (some extra adjective) from the bought title to make it shorter and fit better on the cover would work for me... Any of the options that I've laid out here would, unlike how things work now, where you have to pay the full amount of diamonds for every tiny change that you make in the title and you also never know how it will actually look, especially if it's a longer title...

Edited by Amberson, 14 July 2017 - 23:30 PM.

• TaraBing likes this

#7 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 15 July 2017 - 00:44 AM

I'm all up for final edits, but it would already satisfy me enough if you could at least see a preview of your customized title during the actual shoot to know how it looks on the cover, if it isn't too long and so on... An option to be able to do some additional changes once you payed for your own title would be also welcomed. I think you should be able to completely change it, but even the ability to leave out a certain word (some extra adjective) from the bought title to make it shorter and fit better on the cover would work for me... Any of the options that I've laid out here would, unlike how things work now, where you have to pay the full amount of diamonds for every tiny change that you make in the title and you also never know how it will actually look, especially if it's a longer title...

Here, here, as if a round was just toasted!

I too have paid for custom titles, only to be disappointed by the final look because it took up 3 lines (instead of 2) covering part of a face, or whatever the reason, it just didn't work out.  If we could preview titles on the cover before we click the "take my 19 diamonds, please" button, I'd be a happier filmstress...  (smug)

-TB (flower)

• Eileendover likes this

#8 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:44 AM

Yes. More than once I've made some silly typo and had to redo the whole cover and pay the 19 plus whatever diamond options I had on the original.

Let me ask also. Does anyone know if you can tab down in a custom title to make some of the text be at the bottom? Anyone tried it? I presume not and have been afraid to try because I'm thinking hitting enter would probably just accept what I have there already.

Just a casual now

#9 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 16 July 2017 - 16:28 PM

Hi Ei,

Yes. More than once I've made some silly typo and had to redo the whole cover and pay the 19 plus whatever diamond options I had on the original.

Let me ask also. Does anyone know if you can tab down in a custom title to make some of the text be at the bottom? Anyone tried it? I presume not and have been afraid to try because I'm thinking hitting enter would probably just accept what I have there already.

I'm pretty sure TAB as an entry key is ignored, but I actually have not tried that.  What might work (and I also have not tried this either) is forcing a new line by entering SHIFT+ENTER.  In older worlds that was known as a CR "carriage return" from the days of typewriters to get to the next line.

If it DOES work, more thank likely 1 CR will count towards one or two characters of the 50 max characters in the custom title.

If you end of up trying it, let me know if it works... or I might try it myself if I have 19 diamonds burning a hole in my gucci ...  (smug)

-TB (flower)

• Eileendover likes this

#10 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:37 AM

Hi Ei,

I'm pretty sure TAB as an entry key is ignored, but I actually have not tried that.  What might work (and I also have not tried this either) is forcing a new line by entering SHIFT+ENTER.  In older worlds that was known as a CR "carriage return" from the days of typewriters to get to the next line.

If it DOES work, more thank likely 1 CR will count towards one or two characters of the 50 max characters in the custom title.

If you end of up trying it, let me know if it works... or I might try it myself if I have 19 diamonds burning a hole in my gucci ...  (smug)

-TB (flower)

lol. I'm also thinking that maybe formatting it with returns in notepad or something and then ctrl-V pasting in might work. It would still be a crap shoot if it does. There's no telling how big one return would be. What I think should be the bottom of the picture might end up 3 feet below the whole thing

Just a casual now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users