• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUK
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Sophie34b
  • Studio:Sophies Studio

Posted 23 June 2017 - 17:33 PM

Has anyone else spent many Diamonds to refine an item ...many times ? such as Trying to change Shoe refinement  only to receive a lesser refinement !! Smelling salts at 30% and only to receive lesser refinement of (Finesse a 1% etc ).... so after 100 diamonds spent.... no change !! It is after all real life money to buy Diamonds and we are not exactly receiving Quality refinements ...very poor and expensive . This problem should be sorted promptly. 

#2 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 23 June 2017 - 17:39 PM

I don't keep rolling for the same item. I will spend the 19 on an item with no refinement if I'm wanting to use it right away and have already used the free one. If it were notes or less diamonds, I probably would do that more.

Just a casual now

#3 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 23 June 2017 - 19:43 PM

Getting the refinement you want can be an expensive crap-shoot of a proposition.  if you've run out of diamonds trying to do so that is a lesson learned there.

What I've been doing is queuing my like items (all shoes for example), and running them through the daily freebie refinement.  I do not re-run spending diamonds when I'm poor.  Instead, I go through the queue one item at a time per day.  If I don't get what I want (which is most the time), I am not likely to use that item on my player character.  When all items have gone through the refinement queue once, that's when I re-refine, but there's a lesser chance of getting what I want on a re-run and yet ironically, that's sometimes when I get what I want.

It takes patience or diamonds.  If you have one, you don't need the other.      (smug)

-TB  (flower)

#4 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 27 June 2017 - 22:08 PM

Let's define terms:

Free refine - the one refine attempt each day that costs no diamonds

Extra refines - the refine you pay for, for the second and subsequent refines in a day

Retries - after you refine, a button on the top right lets you get three new refinement possibilities

Re-refine - refining an item that already has a refine on it, which means you will get the same refinement plus two others

If you will not be buying extra refines or retries, you want each and every free attempt to have the best possible chance to hit a useful epic refinement. So I strongly advise against re-refining, since it reduces your chances at new refines.

If spending diamonds doesn't fash you, always use retries instead of re-refining. You might want to come up with some mechanism to limit the number of diamonds you will use on any piece of gear. For example, I will use retries up to 3 times on any +99 or less, up to 6 times for +100 or more.

If you are running your movies and duels, and using your energy on missions each day... if you end up with a crappy refinement, just sigh and sell the item. Another one with similar stats will show up soon.

If you are cost limited, and obtain new items rarely because you are not consistently farming... well, only then would it make any kind of sense to re-refine an item with a really good stat increase.  But you should farm more in that case...   :)

Up to level 100, I personally would not spend any diamonds whatsoever on refinements. After that point, you will need combat refinements to compete effectively.

Edited by CaptC, 27 June 2017 - 22:10 PM.

Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#5 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 28 June 2017 - 00:48 AM

Hi CC,

Let's define terms:

:

If you are cost limited, and obtain new items rarely because you are not consistently farming... well, only then would it make any kind of sense to re-refine an item with a really good stat increase.  But you should farm more in that case...   :)

Up to level 100, I personally would not spend any diamonds whatsoever on refinements. After that point, you will need combat refinements to compete effectively.

How do you define 'farming' ?

• Is this actively looking for new items in missions, or movie-making, or party zones?

OR

• Does it mean something else?

And what is a combat refinement, is this an offensive refinement, like metal spikes?  What makes this more significant, than a defensive one, like smelling salts (which some might say are both)?

I still think your refinements should match (or enhance) your character stats build.  For example, Metal Spikes do little good, if you purposefully decide to build your stats defensively.  Similarly, the Perfume refinement is not great for someone with an offensive build.

I know there are some that say you should build your character for offense first (and they have the hit/miss tables to prove it), but I'm not convinced of that.  I just know certain refinements go a long way towards enhancing a player's build no matter how you decide to go.

Build and refine on...   (smug)

-TB  (flower)

#6 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:11 AM

Farming : performing activities that improve your avatar. searching for items is a subset of farming activities.

Combat refines: They do stuff in studio fights and duels.

vs.

Skill refines: Boosts to skill points

I don't disagree with the idea that refinements should match your stats. I just don't think about it the same way as many. A refinement that makes my opponent miss, or that stuns them, is OFFENSIVE, because it gave me an extra free chance to do damage.

To my mind the only truly defensive refinements are the ones that can trigger when you get hit.  And that just sucks. Much better to just not get hit, and take free swings.

=Cap

Edited by CaptC, 28 June 2017 - 01:11 AM.

Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users