Photo

Are the duels won only by players who spend cash?

Duels

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jackhammer

Jackhammer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 17:25 PM

So, yeah. How do you win duels on this game? I can be green across the board and still get my butt handed to me. 

So how much money do I have to spend to win a duel in this game?

Honestly, this is complete BS. 

#2 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • World:UK2
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 23 June 2017 - 18:30 PM

Hi JH,

Not sure of your background on the game, but I'm going to guess you may be new.  Welcome!

You will find some nice resources in the forum on dueling, one of them being refinements which unlocks at Level 25.

A couple questions - 

• What level are you?
  • Are you dueling players close to your caliber. not just in level but in stats/skill points?

Dueling is a learned art form.  I think everyone struggles at first until they figure it out.

One of the things you'll want to do is figure out your play style - and how you want to build up your star's stats and skill points.  Will you go for a more offensive build, a defensive one, or a balanced build?  Those are your 3 initial choices (and it can change over time), but how you add refinements to your garb will make a difference too.

Feel free to post your questions here, and the community and myself will be happy to help with answers.  If the subject matter is different enough, you can start a new thread.

Best of luck getting better at duels...     (smug)

-TB  (flower)

#3 Eileendover

Eileendover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationUSA,MI
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Eileendover
  • Studio:Bukkakke Cinema

Posted 23 June 2017 - 21:27 PM

It's pretty hit and miss at best IMO and my least favorite aspect of the game, especially when my character chucks the brand new epic DVD collection right out the window. I keep at least 2 spare missiles in the bank at all times for just such occasions. I'm not sure it was designed this way (probably not) but in general, I find girl characters easier to beat than guys. Personally, I concentrate on Finesse and refinements. For a while, I had stam stacked 10 points ahead of the rest, but now I tend to keep them even basic numbers and use gear and enhancements to get more or whatever I am after.

To answer you directly,Jack, plan on spending a ton of notes on skill points, no matter how many the game hands you

Just a casual now

#4 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 27 June 2017 - 21:50 PM

Refinements, particularly epic refinements, are worth many, many, many skill points.

There are a couple of brutally awful refinements.  For example, having the refinement to have an increased odds of swinging first is marginal in a duel, and a sheer waste in a studio battle.

But for the most part, reasonably even skill points and better refinements are the way to go in dueling. Note that the exact best refinement on each piece of gear will change as your avatar improves... 

Best of luck. Don't give up. We have all been there.

• TaraBing likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Duels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users