Photo

Four Types of Gamers: Which one(s) are you?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Four Types of Gamers - which one(s) are you? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Which gamer type do you mostly identify with? (click all that apply)

1. Achiever (completionst, ladder-climber) (9 votes [52.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

2. Explorer (tinkerer, experimenter) (3 votes [17.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

3. Socializer (making friends / bonds) (4 votes [23.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

4. Killer (winning competitor, duelist) (1 votes [5.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • World:UK2
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 27 April 2017 - 18:53 PM

While many of us are some combination of the four gamer types, each of us gravitate towards the portion of the game that satisfies and scratches our gamer "itch-type" the most.

I forget the source, but I recall there are four (4) types of gamers.  They are:

1. Achiever
  2. Explorer
  3. Socializer
  4. Killer

BigBang Empire does not satisfy or scratch every gamer's itch-type equally, but I am curious... which one (or ones) are you?  (smug)

Reply in kind below.

-TB (flower)

• Harry0rgan likes this

#2 Mynx

Mynx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Character:Mynx
  • Studio:Eintracht

Posted 27 April 2017 - 21:43 PM

Definitely an achiever when I can afford it. lol 

• TaraBing likes this

#3 LizSnuggles

LizSnuggles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:00 AM

I dont mind not being the strongest or not getting 100%. I do like having fun duels with other players but most of all i think its when you get to join with a group of players to take on another group thats apparently untouchable and sits on the top that the game becomes quite a lot of fun! Its a shame that its hard to find an active group and the forums seem less and less frequented so its a pain to get a good one nowadays.

• TaraBing likes this

#4 Harry0rgan

Harry0rgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • World:UK1
  • Character:Harry0rgan
  • Studio:DV8

Posted 28 April 2017 - 15:42 PM

I had to choose both Achiever and Explorer. The reason I played on so many servers was to test out different things, so I´m definitely as much of an experimenter as I am a completionist.

• TaraBing likes this

Harry0rgan on UK1

Wombraider on UK2

Liberacé on RU1 (RIP RU1, best server we miss you)

UncleTrenchcoat on INT1

#5 Evolution

Evolution

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
  • Character:Paige
  • Studio:Little Devils

Posted 28 April 2017 - 16:29 PM

I'm an explorer and socializer I guess lol

• TaraBing likes this

Posted Image

Scream for me!!

Spam-Bot Destroyer Level: Expert

Forum Rules Here

Contact Support Here

Team Recruitment Rules Here

#6 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 28 April 2017 - 16:36 PM

Definitely an achiever when I can afford it. lol 

Hi Mynxie, you know the tagline: Diamonds are a girl's best friend.  (smug)

I dont mind not being the strongest or not getting 100%. I do like having fun duels with other players but most of all i think its when you get to join with a group of players to take on another group thats apparently untouchable and sits on the top that the game becomes quite a lot of fun! Its a shame that its hard to find an active group and the forums seem less and less frequented so its a pain to get a good one nowadays.

Hi Liz, what server are you playing on?  And with you being more of a social player, how do you find the social tools to be, namely studio chat, and mail message - do you find them lacking, just right, or robust enough to your liking?

I had to choose both Achiever and Explorer. The reason I played on so many servers was to test out different things, so I´m definitely as much of an experimenter as I am a completionist.

Hi Harry, I can see that in you, having both of those types - as far as "Explorer" goes in the BBE game, I know there is not much to explore (in terms of new lands or party zones - essentially the actions under each area are the same) but there is plenty to tinker with.   (smug)

-TB (flower)

#7 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 28 April 2017 - 16:38 PM

I'm an explorer and socializer I guess lol

Hi Paige, same question for you - being a social player, how do you find the social tools to be, namely studio chat, and mail message - do you find them lacking, just right, or robust enough to your liking?

-TB (flower)

#8 LizSnuggles

LizSnuggles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:31 AM

Well to be honest the studio chat and the mail  is fine right now, it alerts us when a new message pops up and its very fluid so it feels way better than other games where you have to input phrases veeeery slowly. I guess my only complain would be its hard for a lot of players to find "their group" Theres way too many dead studios and those who are active are also very hard to find because you re either strong enough to be with the big studios that play every day or you end up in a studio where theres no one around but you stay because it gives you a stat bonus, and thats boring. Not to be rude but the game isnt very interesting when it comes to "fights" since the only mechanic is to level up your stats, i think another important aspect of socialization is being able to compare notes on the game and find new things to do, but since theres not a lot to do other than to run 10 to 30 minute missions, even if you do find an active studio its likely most players will be afk. So i guess theres not a lot you guys can do about it. Thanks anyway for triying! im glad to see the forum is still active

• TaraBing likes this

#9 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:42 AM

Well to be honest the studio chat and the mail  is fine right now,  ...  im glad to see the forum is still active

Wow Liz, thanks for all that - very informative.

What server do you play on?

-TB (flower)

#10 Evolution

Evolution

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
  • Character:Paige
  • Studio:Little Devils

Posted 29 April 2017 - 13:44 PM

Hi Paige, same question for you - being a social player, how do you find the social tools to be, namely studio chat, and mail message - do you find them lacking, just right, or robust enough to your liking?

-TB (flower)

Studio chat is good but mail message is slow and clunky.  The interface is ok but it seems slow and clunky, especially on mobile.  Many times I have to reboot the app if on mobile to see an email even though I have a notification for one.

Posted Image

Scream for me!!

Spam-Bot Destroyer Level: Expert

Forum Rules Here

Contact Support Here

Team Recruitment Rules Here

#11 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 01 May 2017 - 16:43 PM

Killer - I want my studio to be #1.

I am told I have a social side.

Studio chat is missing a function to allow multiple players to group chat / get frisky without it being completely public.

Email itself is fine, in that it lets you talk to other players. But the email management system is rudimentary at best, downright destructive at worst. I want to:

* select multiple messages to operate on them (usually to delete them, but sometimes I want to cut and paste to another document).

* remove that horrible 'delete all' button. If i want to delete everything, I should be able to select all messages with a CTRL-A, then delete -- the key being I have to consciously select everything. Because it is too easy to delete everything by mistake, now i never delete ANYTHING. Storage is cheap, so playata may not care, but *I* find it tiresome to wade through stuff I would just as soon get rid of, if I could do it safely.

* i personally want one screen with messages intermingled, instead of two. Permanent division by whether or not I sent or received a message only artificially divides conversations, and makes it harder to find out if I have sent a reply to a particular message. If the messages were sorted by threads, I would like it even better.

* better selection criteria, including to and from fields

• TaraBing likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#12 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 05 May 2017 - 23:42 PM

Interesting suggestions for improving the SOCIAL aspect of the game...

Suggestions and observations for mail / messaging improvements:

• I personally use the FWD (forward) button when I can - it doesn't keep ALL THREADS within (just the last), but it helps the receiver know what I am responding to.  AND, I can check my sent when I need to, in case the recipient does not use FWD back in their reply

• I do sometimes change the subject to be more pertinent as the dialog changes. (ie; you start out talking about studio merger, and in the process make a friend and end up swapping chocolate chip cookie recipes)  Okay, that's extreme but you get the idea.

• I've never encountered a problem with ALL DELETE, (in fact, I've not consciously seen it), I could see having a "star" system, so if you star something it cannot be deleted, not even accidentally.

• It might be nice to have threads in email just to follow conversations.

• Selection boxes and actions might make sense in some cases too like when you want to delete multiple messages that you were keeping, and now they are not important.

• And I heard mail/messages are clunky on mobile.

Improvements for studio chats:

• I read have a private GROUP CHAT within the studio chat for whatever business.

• What about something similar outside of studio chat?  General chat.

• It was already suggested (in another thread) to give studio bosses/producers ability to delete studio messages.  That one has already been submitted.

Thank you all for your contributions.  

-TB (flower)

#13 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:18 AM

Oh, yeah. The forward function. Why can't I forward a message *I* sent? 

• TaraBing likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#14 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 09 May 2017 - 14:25 PM

Oh, yeah. The forward function. Why can't I forward a message *I* sent? 

That's a great mystery on the why, but it is true and odd.

-TB (flower)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users