• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • World:UK2
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 28 March 2017 - 13:57 PM

Regarding the recent game changes with patch notes found here: http://forum.uk.bigb...tes-2017-03-28/

What does everybody think about the recent changes?

1. For those of you bosses and producers running studios with trophies - how do you like the ability to drop them whenever?

2. And for those of you scrambling to do timed tasks under the new ds.c venue (found in the top left of the mission pages) - how do you like this new aspect of the game?

-TB (flower)

• Yibbies likes this

#2 Yibbies

Yibbies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Character:Yibbies
  • Studio:Bros & Hoes

Posted 29 March 2017 - 23:56 PM

Personally, I like the idea of being able to drop trophies as a studio and thought this should have been implemented a while ago

• TaraBing likes this

#3 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 30 March 2017 - 00:35 AM

Thanks for chiming in Yibbies...

So I hear one trophy can be dropped every 7 days... so in that sense, the trophy is more like a one-week anchor. Hehe.   (smug)

I wouldn't know - I've never held one of these legendary items, but it does sound like this rule changes the game for some studios.

-TB (flower)

#4 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:50 AM

The ability to drop trophies is halfway there. It is a move I applaud, but it is not sufficient.

You will NEVER see anyone drop an energy trophy. Energy trophies are tremendously undercosted.  They are easily worth twice or three times a courage trophy, and should have a proportional penalty.

• TaraBing likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#5 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:43 AM

The ability to drop trophies is halfway there. It is a move I applaud, but it is not sufficient.

Hi Capt, thanks for the feedback...

What would be the full-way approach?

-TB (flower)

#6 scurrvy

scurrvy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 14:14 PM

@Tarabing

i really love this update;

although the new trophy patch doesnt really concern me,

i see the "Dickstarter.cum" daily activities helping studio members become more active and engaging with one another.

some tasks even give 20 energy as a reward, and given the one free re-roll or cheap 9 diamond re-roll afterwards,

its very rewarding to active players who arent in the top fighting to win trophies as a substitute

#7 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 02 April 2017 - 18:46 PM

In my personal opinion, noted elsewhere, courage trophies should be a skills penalty of 7%. Energy trophies should be 15%. Overall, trophies would still have about the same amount of penalty, but sitting on five energy trophies would be much more difficult than sitting on five courage trophies.  As it should be.

I say this as the boss of a studio that can currently hold four or five energy trophies at will on Nutaku. Five energy trophies is a snowballing win condition for an active studio, and my complaint is that snowballing win conditions are bad game design. It's bad game design that I can currently exploit - but it is nevertheless bad game design, and it should be fixed.

(I would note that being allowed to purchase infinite energy on Nutaku is ALSO a snowballing win condition, but that particular complaint is inappropriate for this forum because it is specific to that server.)

Edited by CaptC, 02 April 2017 - 18:55 PM.

In love with my Baby.

#8 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 02 April 2017 - 22:17 PM

@Tarabing

i really love this update;

although the new trophy patch doesnt really concern me,

i see the "Dickstarter.cum" daily activities helping studio members become more active and engaging with one another.

some tasks even give 20 energy as a reward, and given the one free re-roll or cheap 9 diamond re-roll afterwards,

its very rewarding to active players who arent in the top fighting to win trophies as a substitute

In my personal opinion, noted elsewhere, courage trophies should be a skills penalty of 7%. Energy trophies should be 15%. Overall, trophies would still have about the same amount of penalty, but sitting on five energy trophies would be much more difficult than sitting on five courage trophies.  As it should be.

I say this as the boss of a studio that can currently hold four or five energy trophies at will on Nutaku. Five energy trophies is a snowballing win condition for an active studio, and my complaint is that snowballing win conditions are bad game design. 

(I would note that being allowed to purchase infinite energy on Nutaku is ALSO a snowballing win condition, but that particular complaint is inappropriate for this forum because it is specific to that server.)

Thank you both for the feedback.

Scurvy, you are the first to comment on the new "ds.c" activities. I haven't seen a 9-diamond reward yet.  As for "re-roll", I have only used it on the "thrown-weapon" challenges because I freely admit - I have no idea what that challenge is.  Are we talking about the "missiles" from conducting duels?  It's not explained well enough from my perspective.

Capt... having never played in a studio with trophies, I'm not quite sure how they work... it sounds like trophies have both a benefit, and a penalty.  Based on your comments, it sounds like your studio would generally be willing to take the penalty against their skills to gain the extra energies from the energy trophy, but less willing to take on the penalty for the benefits from the courage trophy?

I was thinking there is probably a place to read up on this subject, and sure enough - a most excellent post was found here: List and Description of Trophies answered by Maalena and D.King.

So is it your suggestion Capt to change the penalty amounts, and make them tiered for game-play / play-balance reasons?

-TB (flower)

#9 scurrvy

scurrvy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:12 PM

@Tarabing

aww, im honoured, thank you xD

i admit the wording is very indirect, some even misinterpreted the description text over here too,

but its kinda manageable over here. but i'm sure they'll fix custom things like the 'diamong earring' icon in the future on mobiles xD

• TaraBing likes this

#10 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:11 AM

1) The challenge about throw weapons requires you to use missiles while dueling. I am not sure if studio fights count. Every missile used up counts towards the challenge.

2) Yes, that is my suggestion. Courage trophies cost too much, energy trophies cost too little. The members of the top 10 studios will tell you that they fight like hell to take energy trophies, will take courage trophies if nothing else shows. It is worse for the studios (like mine) which can typically hold 4 or 5 trophies if they want to. We fight like hell to avoid taking courage trophies, because they take up a slot that should hold an energy trophy.

Another studio boss I regularly converse with called courage trophies a communicable disease. Used to be, once you got one, it was damn hard to get rid of it. But now, using 400 diamonds to get rid of a courage trophy is well worth it. It's like penicillin entered the game.

Why is energy so much better? Energy lets you directly make your avatar better. Courage let's you duel more... big whoop. Dueling is mostly a waste of time, the rewards are barely worth the time put into them, and glory is over-rated. (Glory does not directly measure combat effectiveness - it mostly measures your desire to gain glory.)

A studio that gets powerful enough to hold 5 energy trophies has gotten to an unbeatable state. As long as the members of that studio stay active, no other studio can catch up. That is why many servers have two dominant studios, that can hold full boats of energy trophies - and everyone else trails behind.  (There are only enough energy trophies to let two studios fill up completely.)

My proposal would not completely solve the problem of snowballing win conditions... but it will give more studios a fighting chance if it is harder to actually hold five energy trophies.

• TaraBing likes this
In love with my Baby.

#11 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 04 April 2017 - 18:45 PM

1) The challenge about throw weapons requires you to use missiles while dueling. I am not sure if studio fights count. Every missile used up counts towards the challenge.

:

Another studio boss I regularly converse with called courage trophies a communicable disease. Used to be, once you got one, it was damn hard to get rid of it. But now, using 400 diamonds to get rid of a courage trophy is well worth it. It's like penicillin entered the game.

:

My proposal would not completely solve the problem of snowballing win conditions... but it will give more studios a fighting chance if it is harder to actually hold five energy trophies.

Capt, I love everything about this reply... if I could MULTI-LIKE it, I would.    (smug)

Thank you for this extremely informative posting.

NOTE: It would seem the 400 diamond cost to rid a trophy would be prohibitive for most studios, but maybe not for the majority of the studio biggies  that hold most of these cursed-blessing tokens.

-TB (flower)

#12 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:06 AM

Studios that can regularly hold multiple trophies are generally not going to find 400 diamonds to be a huge cost. You had to have some diamonds coming in from somewhere to get your studio (almost) fully upgraded somehow.

• TaraBing likes this
In love with my Baby.

#13 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:01 PM

I just wanted to add to this:  In practice, the ability to drop courage trophies has let the top studios even more easily dominate the control of energy trophies.  The new change has made competitive balance WORSE.

• TaraBing likes this
In love with my Baby.

#14 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 12 April 2017 - 14:09 PM

I just wanted to add to this:  In practice, the ability to drop courage trophies has let the top studios even more easily dominate the control of energy trophies.  The new change has made competitive balance WORSE.

Hi Capt, I wanted to let you know your suggestion to look at changing the penalty amounts for each trophy type was submitted... and I like the idea if it balances game play.  Thank you for the contribution and the observation follow-up.

-TB (flower)

#15 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:44 AM

Wow... apparently the game devs took heed to some of this suggestion per the most recent patch notes of 2017-04-18...

The following changes were deployed today (2017-04-18):
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Features
Trophies

• The trophy penalty now depends on the trophy type:
- Energy trophy: 10%
- Courage trophy: 7%

That's cool, but I imagine if you were willing to sit on a courage trophy at 10%, you would be even more willing to sit on a courage trophy at 7%.   (smug)

-TB (flower)

#16 Star

Star

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Studio:The Loven Coven

Posted 18 April 2017 - 22:35 PM

New Features
Trophies

• The trophy penalty now depends on the trophy type:
- Energy trophy: 10%
- Courage trophy: 7%

That's cool, but I imagine if you were willing to sit on a courage trophy at 10%, you would be even more willing to sit on a courage trophy at 7%.   (smug)

-TB (flower)

Actually that is the thing, studios dont want to sit on courage trophies, they are the ones that studios will drop when/if they can.

7 % penalty makes it a little bit easier to hold yes, but not many wants to hold them, that is why the penalty for Energy trophies has to be raised by at least 3 % too, preferably more, as the studios with many high levelled players will otherways just sit on those and grow stronger and stronger making the balance even more uneven.

• TaraBing likes this

#17 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:25 AM

This discussion is being continued on another similar thread...

Please continue reading with the latest patch update of 2017.04.18

discussion here >> http://forum.uk.bigb...170418/?p=13145

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: patch notes, game changes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users