#1 amysweets

amysweets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationmidwest
  • World:UK2

Posted 02 March 2017 - 00:23 AM

when can we anticipate conventions to pop up throughout the next week? usa times would be helpful. thanks!

• TaraBing, tashia, AUTUMNKUSH and 1 other like this

(u)  (u) (u)  AmySweets   (u)  (u)  (u) 

#2 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:33 AM

Hi Amy, I've only seen certain events post Convention times ahead of time, like the "The Howling" conventions around Halloween, and the Special Advent Holiday conventions in December of last year.

I personally am a big fan of posting the convention times AHEAD OF TIME, regardless of the event.  And not just for special events - it would be nice to know all of the convention times, ahead of time.

While your post is more of a general question specific to next week, this subject has been moved to the SUGGESTIONS and DISCUSSIONS forum, and I will forward it as a suggestion to the staff team.

-TB (flower)

• Zed12 and AUTUMNKUSH like this

#3 mel25

mel25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Character:Sophie34b
  • Studio:Sophies Studio

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

Yes a good idea to know what dates and times of Conventions for temple task .

• TaraBing, AUTUMNKUSH and FetWolf like this

#4 amysweets

amysweets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationmidwest

Posted 02 March 2017 - 19:46 PM

"While your post is more of a general question specific to next week, this subject has been moved to the SUGGESTIONS and DISCUSSIONS forum, and I will forward it as a suggestion to the staff team."

I guess i didn't think of it that way, but you have a good point. Appreciate the move. Thanks!

• TaraBing and AUTUMNKUSH like this

#5 AUTUMNKUSH

AUTUMNKUSH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCali, US
  • World:UK1
  • Character:Autumnkush
  • Studio:Pussy Cat Club

Posted 02 March 2017 - 23:16 PM

Very Helpful to Plan Free TIME to play "OUR FAVORITE GAME" Big Bang Empire :)))

• TaraBing likes this

#6 FetWolf

FetWolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Character:FetWolf
  • Studio:Sophie's Studio

Posted 08 March 2017 - 13:11 PM

For the Temple Task, why would there be a Convention for players who are level 150 and up ?
Not really fair to those lower level players who are looking to help our studio out for Temple Points.

• TaraBing and Savana like this

#7 amysweets

amysweets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationmidwest

Posted 08 March 2017 - 14:40 PM

Far as I know, Conventions are for everyone. Just the timing of being available to do them is a lil tricky. I haven't seen/was able to make them in a couple days or so.  :)

• TaraBing likes this

#8 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 08 March 2017 - 15:23 PM

For the Temple Task, why would there be a Convention for players who are level 150 and up ?
Not really fair to those lower level players who are looking to help our studio out for Temple Points.

Far as I know, Conventions are for everyone. Just the timing of being available to do them is a lil tricky. I haven't seen/was able to make them in a couple days or so.  :)

Amy, sort of.  Conventions are open to any player that has...

1. unlocked the area where the convention is being held and

2. is online at the time while conventions are happening.  Which does make them tricky.  (smug)

Fetwolf, I understand... and your point has been made in other threads.  I am not going to merge this comment with those.

While it is true that conducting convention showings will help your studio earn Temple points during Temple-Convention weeks, it is also true that if a convention takes place in an area that remains locked, (for example, The Beverly Humps area unlocks at level 200) then those players under that level will not be able to attend.

You've stated this is unfair. To counter, I believe this is why some special event conventions are only held in Tellville, because everyone has access to this area.  Still, I commiserate your point, especially during Temple Convention week challenge.

As for Conventions in general, every area has it's own "style" or "brand" of convention. First place prizes for these area-conventions are generally tied to a collectible item which makes winning them exciting especially if you just won a new collectible item.

And while the not knowing when and where most conventions are happening (until they are happening) can be exasperating for most players, I would be happy to field suggestions on how conventions can be "more fair" to all.  Just post a suggestion below.

Thank you to all that have contributed to this thread...

-TB (flower)

• Yibbies and Savana like this

#9 mel25

mel25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Character:Sophie34b
  • Studio:Sophies Studio

Posted 08 March 2017 - 16:24 PM

Quite agree with Fetwolf, unfair to those "Newbies" and mid established players, who are often online to participate for their Studio ( be it a small studio without many resources). Convention times should be posted!!!

• TaraBing likes this

#10 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 08 March 2017 - 23:38 PM

There is a counterpoint argument.

In the bad old days, if convention times were posted, no one but Dommeat would ever win a convention.  

In the bad current days, no one but Flipmo will.

• TaraBing and Zed12 like this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users