11 replies to this topic

#1 maddylien

maddylien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 13:06 PM

Hey all,

I'm not one who can spend a lot of time on forums so I don't know if this already has been addressed.

My problem is that I only receive the Pirate chest outfit OR the farao headpiece as a star-3 reward on Carnaval film shoots. 

i would like to know if this is intentional or just bad luck from my side. I'm eager to collect all pieces before time runs out.

Cheers

• TaraBing likes this

#2 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 01 March 2017 - 15:04 PM

Bad luck.  I have been getting a variety of pieces.  But there is no doubt that certain pieces are more common than others.  Anyone want a spare Panda hat?

• Yibbies and Zed12 like this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#3 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • World:UK2
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 01 March 2017 - 15:23 PM

From my experience, prize items for movie-making under the Carnival sets are yielding one of 3 kinds of items; the Pharaoh, the Pirate and the Panda bear clothing.  I have seen some head, chest, and pants items so far.

If you go to the "Carnival Joy" collection under the Sewing Machine icon (in the S-Shop screen) you will see other items available (14 in total) like a gladiator costume, and numerous "Rio" pieces. Hovering over an icon will tell you how the item can possibly be obtained.

As with most things for completing collections, luck is a factor.

Best of luck completing your collections during the carnival period.

-TB (flower)

#4 maddylien

maddylien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:16 AM

Thanks for replying guys.

Added 2 more Pharao head pieces in the meantime through filming lol.

• TaraBing likes this

#5 amysweets

amysweets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationmidwest

Posted 04 March 2017 - 13:04 PM

Also, just to point out:

Getting same pieces does, in fact, stink! (i'm trying to find them all myself) But I'm also adding them epic/rare "same" items to my storage for the next Selling Challenge......

So don't fret and play on! Cheers!

• TaraBing likes this

(u)  (u) (u)  AmySweets   (u)  (u)  (u) 

#6 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 04 March 2017 - 15:08 PM

I have noticed many of the "Carnival Joy" collection items can only be found in the S-shop, which generally means you will need to refresh the Shop items to find those.  You get ONE FREE refresh every 24 hours, but anything more than that will cost 10 diamonds per refresh, and of course - that is where the LUCK comes in.

Other "Carnival Joy" items can found in the Conventions, and generally you need to place in the TOP-10 of a successful showing or at times you must WIN outright (placing first).  Even with the conventions, some LUCK is involved here too.

Best of luck completing your Carnival items collection - there are only so many days remaining.

-TB (flower)

• Yibbies likes this

#7 amysweets

amysweets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationmidwest

Posted 04 March 2017 - 16:42 PM

That's how i found the "Rio" top, i believe, through the S-Shop. Now i keep washing it down to (hopefully) get good stats overall or little/no neg whatsoever on it. Don't mind the panda top, just don't ask me to wear the head or legs :P

Don't think i'll finish any by the end of tomorrow? busy pursuing one of my hobbies (currently stumped so im floating around atm)

(u)  (u) (u)  AmySweets   (u)  (u)  (u) 

#8 Yibbies

Yibbies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Character:Yibbies
  • Studio:Bros & Hoes

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

I'm a bit disappointed with the carnival event in the fact that if you win a convention (during this weeks Convention Temple) you are NOT rewarded with any of the Sergeant apparel... You get some carnival junk instead... I've spent diamonds refreshing the shop to grab all available carnival collectibles for the rewards, and will not spend any more during the conventions after learning this from my experience here...

#9 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 06 March 2017 - 13:00 PM

Hi Yibbies,

I recall you winning a convention recently (with something like a crazy amount of 249 showings?), and while congrats would normally be in order, you were disappointed with the outcome.

From my understanding, Special Event conventions yield special event prizes for those that finish in first place.  I even think it will tell you the potential prize for first, before you jump in - but I'll have to confirm that thought with the next convention I attend.

It takes a lot to win a convention, so I hope you get what you want next time from a first place convention finish.

-TB (flower)

• Yibbies likes this

#10 lozenges

lozenges

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 14:49 PM

I hope that in next special event of BBE, please let special event items can appear/can grab in missions too.

Because There're many players maybe can't spend many diamonds to seek for special items during event.

• TaraBing likes this

#11 CaptC

CaptC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • World:UK1
  • Character:CaptChrissy
  • Studio:Abusement Park

Posted 06 March 2017 - 23:23 PM

...On the other hand, lozenges, if the developers AREN'T building in advantages and features to help us spend diamonds, they aren't doing their jobs.  

The nature of these games is that free players should not expect to be able to get everything. Simply the way of the world.

• TaraBing likes this
Retired from the game. Not from life.
In love with my Baby.

#12 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:31 PM

I hope that in next special event of BBE, please let special event items can appear/can grab in missions too.

Because There're many players maybe can't spend many diamonds to seek for special items during event.

...On the other hand, lozenges, if the developers AREN'T building in advantages and features to help us spend diamonds, they aren't doing their jobs.  

The nature of these games is that free players should not expect to be able to get everything. Simply the way of the world.

Lozenges - your suggestion has been forwarded to the developers.

CaptC, your point is well taken. The perceived value of anything in general usually has a direct correlation to the effort or cost it took to obtain it.  This is true of almost everything around us, whether it be your home, a luxury vehicle, a college education, or even as silly as it sounds a collectible item in a game.

Thank you both for your contribution.

-TB (flower)

• Yibbies and Savana like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: outfits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users