Mynx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Mynx
  • Studio:Eintracht

Posted 01 January 2017 - 17:05 PM

I've been noticing a lot of the same names at the top of the list. I want to know how do I get to the top also? I make as many as the 3 star movies as I can ( as much as RL will allow) and I try to make the cover as visually appealing as possible, but most of the time it doesn't work. What am I missing?

Sometimes I wonder if it's a popularity contest and someone out there doesn't like me.  :S

• TaraBing likes this

#2 Gigi71

Gigi71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 16:35 PM

My personal opinion Mynx is that it can be somewhat of a popularity contest, but not always. Do your studio members all agree to always vote for one another? That will help. Another thing that seems important is clothing. If I have a film come up that might be worth sending to the awards I take more care to make changes to it. I will use notes and sometimes diamonds to improve it. But more important, I change my clothes to match the title. I store some clothes and accessories with themes like cowboy or doctor for example. I briefly change those items to change the look of the cover. I also never cover up important body parts or faces with the title. I hope you find that helpful!! Happy Gaming!
👠👗👍🏻
  • TaraBing and Zed12 like this

#3 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 93 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 02 January 2017 - 20:05 PM

Hey Mynxie!  (nice to see you here too)

YOUR BIG BANG AWARDS (BBA) END GOAL RESULTS

Some questions to ask...

• What is the highest finish you have had in the BBA so far?
  • What is your end goal? Finish in the TOP 10, win it all?

Some requirements for success...

• I think it starts with a good visual image, and there are some theories on what makes a good image,

But you also need...
  • A little luck to beat out some of the larger studio players who seem to win the title of "Superstar" a lot.

That is not to say a smaller studio player cannot win it all...

I actually won it all once (it was a nice looking cover)... got 181 votes!

TAQITzZl.png

Tried a similar entry 4 weeks later, and it didn't get half the votes (79 votes)...

Lfa2Fjel.png

So... obviously other factors are at hand besides nice image.

UH OH, HERE COMES THE CONSPIRACY THEORIST PART

But here's the weird part, I honestly believe the studios with the most active players (not necessarily the upper ranked studios, but it tends to be) have a slight advantage on that final Sunday. The final Sunday only presents what looks to be the TOP 100 vote-capturing films regardless of how many movies you made in the previous week.

It's kind of like playing in the PGA/LPGA (Golf Tournaments)... if you don't make the cut in the early rounds, you won't be around to play in the finals.

The BBA system progressively removes lower ranking films from contention as the week goes on.  Because the final Sunday only presents the TOP 100 films, if a studio conducts nothing but VOTING missions on that day, it has a good chance (based on their volume of votes) to quasi-manipulate the final standings either by "up voting" one of their own studio member's films (should it show up, at roughly 1 in 50 chance for one film, or 1 in 25 chance if they have two in the TOP 100, and of course those chances increase if there are even more, etc)... OR by "down voting" (by not voting for) an opposing studio player's film that is ahead of theirs.

Does this really happen you ask?

I have no proof for certain that this really happens as it requires studio members to act in unison to keep track of the leader board, but if you forced me to bet, I would slap my money on "hell yes this is practiced".  But so what - even if it is happening, it is still possible to win it all.  Someone HAS TO win it all.  There are 52 of these "Superstar" titles handed out every year, so WHY NOT YOU??   (grin)

NOTE: Some lucky players have won the title more than once; to that I say - good on you.  (smug)

FINAL THOUGHTS

Just make a striking visual image, (spend a few diamonds if you need to), add a catchy title (it is optional and likely doesn't sway the opinion of most voters, ~ but if you do, it will cost you 19 diamonds if you have them), and hope for the best. 

It's survival of the fittest, and strength in numbers.

Film on,

-TB (flower)

PS: PRO TIP - One thing that might help is to get your studio mates to do a "pre-vote" on which one (or two) of the best films you made for the week should be submitted to BBA.  It will confirm your suspicions on what you should submit.  Do it on a Saturday or early Sunday on a regular basis.

• Zed12 and Gigi71 like this

#4 Mynx

Mynx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Character:Mynx
  • Studio:Eintracht

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:32 AM

Thank you Tara and Gigi! It might be a long while before I can at least get to the top 40, but I'm gonna try. Is there a way I can find the votes for past movies?

Edited by Mynx, 03 January 2017 - 05:34 AM.

• TaraBing and Gigi71 like this

#5 Gigi71

Gigi71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:51 AM

Tara ... I have had some of my own thoughts about the voting system ... you put some of my thoughts into words!! Thank you for such a well worded and thought-out helpful reply. Hopefully more players can read this.
  • TaraBing likes this

#6 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 93 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:00 AM

Thanks Gigi,

And Mynx, there is no publicly visible historical data kept on your BBA rankings / finishes for past performances (that I know of).

I smell a worthwhile suggestion!  (grin)

Hey Mods, I'd like to suggest a request to have a PERSONAL HISTORICAL BBA PAGE similar to the HISTORY on STUDIO DUELS.

1. It could be accessed by clicking a small icon on the film shoot page.  Imagine this icon looks like a smaller modified version of the "Film Shoot" CAMERA ICON (and imagine in the lower right corner of this camera icon is an overlay of a smaller CALENDAR PAGE icon to indicate history over time).  Place this icon just left of the "Your Successes" icon and label it Film Shoot History when the mouse hovers over it.

2. Clicking it brings up a scroll-able pop-up table similar to Studio Duels history, only it contains info like this:

FILM SHOOT HISTORY

Release                                           Final /   Votes      E A R N E D   R E W A R D     
 Date      Film Title                              Max Rank  Rcvd   Skill Pts : Experience : Diamonds 
 ========  ======================================  ========  =====  ========= : ========== : ======== 
 12/24/16  Frivolous Fun - Mmmm, Delicious         671/1196     6       0     :       0    :     0    
 12/15/16  Kinky Massages - No Mercy               993/1201     2       0     :       0    :     0    
 12/09/16  Oh, Holy Night                           22/1195   139       2     :    1000    :     5    
 12/04/16  Luscious Nature Lovers - Do Everything    7/1172   164      10     :    2000    :    25    
 11/22/16  Mommies Sleep Over - Ultimate Party      20/1201    94       2     :    1000    :     5    

• Color code the lines by winning ranks.
  • Show a special star icon on any line that finished #1.
  • Have a scroll bar on the right, and let the majority of columns be sort-able...
  • OR show the last 30 submissions and list the submissions backwards chronologically.
  • For an even cooler presentation, make each line clickable (for example click on the 12/09/16 entry) and it brings up an image similar to the final showing...

yGtiqfil.png

How cool would this be?  Then we could study our previous entries and maybe find a trend of what voters liked.

-TB (flower)

Edited by TaraBing, 05 January 2017 - 02:01 AM.

• Blackcat likes this

#7 Gigi71

Gigi71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:23 AM

Very cool indeed Tara! Keep suggesting girl!👍🏻

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users