• PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • World:UK2
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 02 December 2016 - 13:11 PM

RE: Low Holiday Film Drops: Advent Season in Telleville

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the low rate of Holiday Film drops?  The goal is to shoot 15 of these in a week, however the game is not really handing them out at the rate necessary to achieve goal without spending diamonds.

Goal vs Actual Sample:

· For being a  7 day event your maximum count on film production is 21 (3 per day).

· This means 15/21 (or 71% of the weekly films that can be produced) need to be Holiday films to achieve goal.

· So far, I've seen 2 "natural" Holiday movie drops out of  5 attempts, (2/5) for a 40% drop rate.

· I had to refresh 4x on the movie selection (costing 36 diamonds, 9 diamonds per refresh) to get offered the 3rd Holiday movie on the 5th attempt to achieve a 3/5 ratio or 60% rate drop.

· Even with spending 36 diamonds, I am short of the 71% goal by 11%.

· Carry this example out to achieve goal and in  7 days it will cost 180 diamonds to reach goal.  Was this the intent?

Conclusion: I get the idea is to make this Advent Season in Telleville a challenge and even favor those willing to spend diamonds but was the drop rate meant to be so obviously low that achieving goal would not be possible without spending diamonds?

Suggestion: Please increase the drop rate of Holiday Films immediately to something closer to 71% per attempt.

-TB (flower)

• cullina, Garm and Blackcat like this

#2 Becky Lynch

Becky Lynch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Character:BeckyLynch.
  • Studio:Champagne Room

Posted 02 December 2016 - 13:15 PM

I have had the same issue. I have done 2 so far and refuse to spend diamonds to refresh film choices. I will be sure and pass along your feedback. Thank you. :)

Posted Image

Straight Fire!!

#3 Garm

Garm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • World:UK1
  • Character:Garm
  • Studio:GString Enterprises

Posted 02 December 2016 - 20:07 PM

"

RE: Low Holiday Film Drops: Advent Season in Telleville

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the low rate of Holiday Film drops?  The goal is to shoot 15 of these in a week, however the game is not really handing them out at the rate necessary to achieve goal without spending diamonds.

I was thinking the same thing, impossible to get 15 themed film locations at the current rate. Was this an oversight or a money grab?

• TaraBing likes this

#4 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 02 December 2016 - 23:04 PM

"

I was thinking the same thing, impossible to get 15 themed film locations at the current rate. Was this an oversight or a money grab?

Exactly Garm - who knows?  I wish I could change my suggestion now to make the drop rate 100% to finish out the event and make up for those lost early attempts.

-TB (flower)

#5 TomB

TomB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Character:TomB
  • Studio:Fatal Distractions

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:05 AM

I don't think 100% is the right answer, but it is probably set a bit too low as it is now.  It should be a challenge--that is really the only hard one of the five tasks.  Holiday challenges shouldn't be something everyone can win by playing very casually.  I was able to get two on each of the first two days, and the third film was something else.

#6 ScarletViper

ScarletViper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Character:ScarletViper
  • Studio:Viper Room

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:53 AM

I understand wanting to make this event hard but it shouldn't be impossible to complete without diamonds. If I have to spend 100's of diamonds to get 15 holiday films I'm better off just spending the diamonds to skip this part of the holiday event.  I've been doing 3 films a day since this event started and have only had 3 holiday films pop up. Unless there is a holiday option for every one of my remaining films there will be no way to get 15 films. I liked it better during the Halloween event when there was 75 film missions that needed to be completed. That could be done in 3 or 4 films if they are long enough and it seemed like a fairer quest. 

• TaraBing likes this

#7 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:57 AM

I don't think 100% is the right answer, but it is probably set a bit too low as it is now.  It should be a challenge--that is really the only hard one of the five tasks.  Holiday challenges shouldn't be something everyone can win by playing very casually.  I was able to get two on each of the first two days, and the third film was something else.

I respect your opinion TomB and your results may vary, but what is the answer?

We are now into day 3 of this challenge and some of my studio members have made up to 9 movies (the max possible), of which only 1 was presented as a North Pole / Holiday Advent theme movie  AND this includes spending diamonds trying to get to numero 2. They stopped spending diamonds when their diamond bank fell into the 50's with no new themed offers. They started with over 100 diamonds.  Even the drop rates are abysmal when spending diamonds. These are not the signs of a casual player.  This is either purposeful or misguided game design... I'm not sure which.

This also means even if the devs changed the drop rate to 100% immediately for the remaining 12 shoots, (such players with just 1 themed title to their credit would only make 13 themed films) and still fall short of the required 15 for goal.

Either the goal was set too high, the drop rate was set too low, (or both) and this was meant to be a diamond-spending challenge.

The Holiday themed challenges are challenging. A casual player should not and will not win out. But for the person playing to their max potential in regards to movie-making, this challenge as currently presented is impossible to achieve based on the preliminary results we are seeing.  Nobody, yourself included, will reach the required 15 goal by making  only 2 themed movies per each of the 7 days.

-TB (flower)

• TomB likes this

#8 TomB

TomB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Character:TomB
  • Studio:Fatal Distractions

Posted 03 December 2016 - 15:04 PM

Tara,

I understand what you are saying.  My success rate for getting holiday films is a little better: I have now done 8 films all together, and 3 were Holiday films right away, 2 more on one refresh (so I have 5).  The random factor can be very challenging, and I often think the Random Gods all hate me personally, but I know that isn't true (I keep telling myself that).

I do agree that the current drop rate, even if it is 50%, is a bit low.  I just would not like it to be automatic.  I do not feel hard over on this either way.

• TaraBing likes this

#9 Garm

Garm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Character:Garm
  • Studio:GString Enterprises

Posted 04 December 2016 - 18:59 PM

Have the drop rates increased or do you think about the same? I think they may be a bit better but impossible to tell without asking many players :)

#10 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 04 December 2016 - 21:49 PM

Garm, they improved for me at 8/15, yet I'm still on the cusp of not making it.  I need 7 of the last 9 to be themed movies, but one of my studio members is still at 1 for max, completely out of it despite refreshing.

Good time to buy some diamonds?  What's a sale with a needed opportunity?  Answer: A well planned sale event.

-TB (flower)

#11 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • Character:SindyXtreme
  • Studio:GoGoDanzin

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:55 AM

I'm not getting many Christmas Films and I know that this will be the one section that I won't get to complete.

zvQS8q5.png

#12 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:22 AM

Diamonds are both a girl's and BBE's best friends.   (grin) 

Tzczb8G.jpg

-TB (flower)

#13 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • Character:SindyXtreme
  • Studio:GoGoDanzin

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:47 AM

Diamonds are both a girl's and BBE's best friends.   (grin) 

Tzczb8G.jpg

-TB (flower)

Yeah well not all of us can afford them on such a regular basis and the last time that I tried to make a purchase I couldn't.

zvQS8q5.png

#14 Gigi71

Gigi71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 14:33 PM

Make a trouble ticket if you can't make a payment. There have been problems with credit card payments. I understand it's possible to purchase through Facebook and PayPal.

#15 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 06 December 2016 - 20:33 PM

Is it just me or are you also noticing a 100% Holiday Film drop-rate since the last 12 hours ago update?  Maybe I've been lucky.

-TB (flower)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users