• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Blackcat
  • Studio:Blackcat Alley

Posted 15 November 2016 - 14:02 PM

Hi! I have nothing against the idea of removing the 3000 points minimum in the temple challenge, but I find it a bit confusing to see that studios not even trying get so many diamonds... I suggest you change that, because I suspect most won't try anymore, since it makes little difference in the end.

Exemple: in my studio, the Blackcat Alley (17 members), we are working real hard to win as many duels we can and we are now in 15th place with over 4000 points, looking to win 258 diamonds. And Germany (16 members), is doing very poorly with only 800 points, they are 34th but are still going to win 200 diamonds!

We worked our ass off for a week for just 58 more diamonds then a studio who did nothing? If this doesn't change, I fear the temple challenge will be a lot less popular... 

• Analis, ivorbigun and Zed12 like this

#2 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 15 November 2016 - 15:55 PM

I can't agree more with Blackcat.

"The minimum requirement of 3000 temple points is no longer required. Now, all studios take part in the temple competition." That's a great addition and undoubtedly very welcome to all smaller size or less active studios. It did have little use excluding some from the Temple run. The "3000" requirement was also a little arbitrary: it could take between minutes and hours for alliances to meet that. It's more fun to see straight from the start who you are up against, competition-wise. So: good riddance of the "3000" mark ànd the exclusion of those who didn't make it that far...

:dry: But then there is the change in "rewards"...

As it is now, all 4 first-ranked studios basically win the same reward. All get 25 skill points - with only a maximum difference of 150 exp and 9 diamonds. This completely ignores their actual achievements: in the current Temple run for instance we're talking about roughly 16000 - 12700 - 12400 - 11100 points for the first 4. That's a difference in points between 1st and 4th of about 30%. The rewards however all range between 100% and 97% of the maximum. And Skill Points are the same. This makes no sense.

I'm all for equal chances.
But not at the expense of a healthy competition. Or of common sense.
It's kinda killing the fun and use of this "competition".

Edited by Analis, 15 November 2016 - 16:10 PM.

• TaraBing, Zed12 and Blackcat like this

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#3 DanielaPurple

DanielaPurple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPolombia (AKA Colombia)
  • Character:DanielaPurple
  • Studio:Tragically Malicious

Posted 15 November 2016 - 17:00 PM

I agree in part but its much fairer than before. 

• SindyXtreme likes this

#4 Garm

Garm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • World:UK1
  • Character:Garm
  • Studio:GString Enterprises

Posted 15 November 2016 - 18:59 PM

I am sure they will 'tweak' the Temple so, like the Big Bang awards, only the top 100 or so will win prizes. A huge improvement over the way it was with only a dozen or so studios competing with each other and all other studios excluded from having any chance at all to compete

• SindyXtreme likes this

#5 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • Character:SindyXtreme
  • Studio:GoGoDanzin

Posted 15 November 2016 - 22:54 PM

I agree in part but its much fairer than before. 

Yes it is a lot fairer.

zvQS8q5.png

#6 Blackcat

Blackcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Character:Blackcat
  • Studio:Blackcat Alley

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:18 AM

It's fair to some, but totally unfair to others! If we had been told from the start of the week that we would only win a couple more diamonds then studios doing nothing, we would noy have passed the whole week fighting so many duels! At least, the change could have been made at the start of the week, not after so much effort was done...

I still think the best way to make the temple run work is to divide the number of points by studio members, now that would be fair to all. (ex: a studio has 10 000 pts and 30 members should finish equal with a studio that has 5 000 pts and 15 members)

• Analis likes this

#7 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:34 AM

There's a lot of aspects of the game that I don't and will never understand that's why I have a producer to choose my studio fights another aspect that I'm clueless about.

As far as temple tasks go I'm just glad that we can now get a chance to earn diamonds and I have inactive and lazy players in my studio.

Those players will be booted as more people join.

I work as hard as I can regarding temple points and yes it would be good if everyone did but that's not how it works.

zvQS8q5.png

#8 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S
  • Character:TaraBing
  • Studio:EINTRACHT

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:50 AM

I hear both sides of this argument and I have to ask - what's the end goal?

Get some cool prizes for reward or humiliate your fellow studios in the process?  Or are some of you looking to do both?

If ANYTHING the removal of the 3K threshold allows the big studios to strategically tap the brakes (if they dare) on building up such a lead as coming in top rank and winning by 1, 100, or 1,000 temple points makes no difference as reward is based on rank, not the percentage of out-gaining your fellow studios.

The argument that could be made, but hasn't been mentioned is what about the medium to smaller active studios that toiled and spent their diamonds to narrowly miss out on reaching the 3K threshold; they get nothing for their efforts - where is the fun in that either?

I for one like the fact that every one studio can be recognized for reward instead of the chosen few that are big enough, active enough or diamond-spending enough to make the old threshold.  As was suggested 13 days ago ( right here in these forums , scroll down to bottom of the post) in wanting to see us go back to a Week 1 results (Making Movies Temple Challenge) that was so much better where almost everyone that tried and participated got something in terms of reward.

Removing the threshold brings us back to an all-involved participating structure.  And I agree with Analis, this is also a great first step in not having to worry about setting an arbitrary point per challenge for future Temples with the threshold now removed.

-TB (flower)

PS: For those of you that want to change the reward structure to one of a percentage of the total temple points achieved (and I get your argument), I'm just not sure how much different that would be from the current rank system for reward,

• SindyXtreme likes this

#9 SindyXtreme

SindyXtreme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:19 AM

I'm okay with it as it is and like I said temple tasks are just one aspect of the game that I don't fully understand so I'm just enjoying the game. 

zvQS8q5.png

#10 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:23 AM

I am sure they will 'tweak' the Temple so, like the Big Bang awards, only the top 100 or so will win prizes. A huge improvement over the way it was with only a dozen or so studios competing with each other and all other studios excluded from having any chance at all to compete

That is how it is now Garm.  Even with the threshold removed; TOP 100 Studios get rewards.

-TB (flower)

#11 ScarletViper

ScarletViper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Character:ScarletViper
  • Studio:Viper Room

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:27 AM

I am perfectly fine with everyone getting a part of the reward who reached top 100, but they really need to revamp the rewards system. There is only 7 skill points and 84 (87 from #1) diamonds difference between rank 2 which my team currently holds and rank 30 which I personally have almost done as many duels as their team has done as a whole. I worked my butt off with this week's challenge and I'm not a person who does duels very often so for me to do almost 500 duels since this challenge started was not easy for me. I think that they should at least give a higher reward for those teams who reached over 3000 which as of now is only 19 teams on UK2 and lower the rewards for anyone who doesn't try to get 3000. I think that now that everyone is able to be rewarded in the temple challenge we will see more teams actually trying in the challenge. Right now the only real reason to compete for 1st place for most teams is for the special title and item you receive for reaching first which isn't enough for most.

• Analis and Zed12 like this

#12 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:34 AM

PS: For those of you that want to change the reward structure to one of a percentage of the total temple points achieved (and I get your argument), I'm just not sure how much different that would be from the current rank system for reward,

LDD is ranked 1st in this week's Temple with 17.700 pts right now.

Lofy Army is ranked 8th this week with almost half of that: 8.658 pts.

Rewards are: 25 vs. 24 SP, 5000 vs. 4646 exp and 300 vs. 279 diamonds.

I'm definitely not for a "percentual" division of rewards.

In such a case Lofy would be awarded only half of what LDD would get.

Which obviously wouldn't be fair as they are still the 8th out of 100+ ...

But... SP - exp - diamonds you could also simply drop with for instance 1 - 100 - 5.

In that way SP would be given to the first 25; exp to the first 50; diamonds to the first 60.

That's being both pretty generous and less unfair than the current division.

1st getting 25 - 5000 - 300

2nd getting 24 - 4900 - 295

3rd getting 23 - 4800 - 290

etc. etc. etc. and so on...

It's just an example, but you know what I mean.

And sorry but if an alliance is ranked lower than 60th: it has done less in one week than I myself in one day.

• Zed12 likes this

#13 TaraBing

TaraBing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationT3X4S

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:11 AM

Analis, I get what you are advocating much better with the example below...

But... SP - exp - diamonds you could also simply drop with for instance 1 - 100 - 5.

In that way SP would be given to the first 25; exp to the first 50; diamonds to the first 60.

That's being both pretty generous and less unfair than the current division.

1st getting 25 - 5000 - 300

2nd getting 24 - 4900 - 295

3rd getting 23 - 4800 - 290

etc. etc. etc. and so on...

It's just an example, but you know what I mean.

And sorry but if an alliance is ranked lower than 60th: it has done less in one week than I myself in one day.

So in this example, only TOP 60* get diamonds (5x inverse rank base 60), TOP 50 get Experience (100x inverse rank base 50), and TOP 25 get Skill Points (1x inverse rank base 25).

*Note Diamonds go to Studio-only collectively (Exp and SP go to Individuals in the Studio)

Is this not almost the same or similar sort of reward system for how the Big Bang Awards (BBA) work now?  Do you really want the same reward system here too for Temple?

I think BBA goes to 200 rankings, but that is an individuals reward system.  This example goes to 60 rank.

-TB (flower)

Edited by TaraBing, 16 November 2016 - 11:15 AM.

• Analis likes this

#14 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:45 AM

Is this not almost the same or similar sort of reward system for how the Big Bang Awards (BBA) work now?

Do you really want the same reward system here too for Temple?

I think BBA goes to 200 rankings, but that is an individuals reward system.

This example goes to 60 rank.

Yup and yup :wink:

BBA has proved itself to be fair in its rewards. Why not use the same system?

And that the temple ranking would "only" give rewards to about 60 studios...

Well if you look at what's achieved below rank 60: would that be so unfair? 

#15 lozenges

lozenges

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 13:28 PM

Minimum requirement of 3000 temple points is no longer. Then all studios can take part & drive thier studios to do best in the temple competition.
This is great and so kind chance for every studios' members to do best as they can do in temple mission more enjoyable. I think this is so fairer update.

But about rewards from temple missions that will receive after competition finish & can drive studio in one of 100 ranking.
About rewards that will get after finish.

But now I want to know somethings...
Some of my members can not take part in gaining temple points due to join studio after temple mission establish & reveal. They have to wait for next temple mission to join, So I understand that rules must to have for defense of studio switching.

But some of members can take part to help gain studio buy They don't help any temple point to gain for their studio. So I want to know that members who don't help to get any temple points will get rewards like another members that try best for thier studio?
  • Analis likes this

#16 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 November 2016 - 13:56 PM

So I want to know that members who don't help to get any temple points will get rewards like another members that try best for thier studio?

Members who don't help out but have been members throughout the week get the rewards.

Members who help out but have joined too late in the week do NOT.

I think that cannot be changed/implemented or it would have been done already.

But it IS a good way to measure the activity of your members.

And "act" accordingly.

• lozenges likes this

#17 lozenges

lozenges

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 14:06 PM

Thanks for your answer and sime advice.
Analis But I have anither silly questions?

How to like comments in BBE forums?
Firstly I think correct in round that upper right corner each comments maybe works to do like this so I click this then correct change to be X (So I want to apologize for this too)

Edited by lozenges, 16 November 2016 - 14:11 PM.

• Analis likes this

#18 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 November 2016 - 15:50 PM

How to like comments in BBE forums?
Firstly I think correct in round that upper right corner each comments maybe works to do like this

so I click this then correct change to be X (So I want to apologize for this too)

You did it right, don't worry.

You click the "Like This" button above the "Multiquote - Quote" buttons in the lower right corner of a message.

If you liked it by mistake, then there is the "x Unlike" button for it.

• Zed12 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users