• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Blackcat
  • Studio:Blackcat Alley

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:23 AM

Just a suggestion: I think it would be fun to be able to give gifts to other players. Money, diamonds, clothes, etc...

It could be done between any players, or something allowed only between studio members...

• Becky Lynch and Yibbies like this

#2 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:53 AM

Not to break u down, but I'm not so sure that would be a healthy idea. It's easy to make a new account - and starter characters get easier and quicker gains of diamonds than "established" ones. You could create a situation where there could be a 100 or a 1000 soon forgotten dummy chars, created to "feed" the higher ones. Handing down notes and clothes and items etc. sounds like a nice way to stimulate starting players, but I fear there would quickly be lot more handing up of diamonds to already existing chars.

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#3 Becky Lynch

Becky Lynch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Character:BeckyLynch.
  • Studio:Champagne Room

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

Thank you for the suggestion. I will pass it along to those who can best implement it. ;)

Posted Image

Straight Fire!!

#4 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • World:UK1
  • Character:Kaitee
  • Studio:GIRLS BRAVO STUDIOS

Posted 01 November 2016 - 21:51 PM

It's something that would be cool but as Analis says it could lead to problems if it's not done carefully yeah. Putting it in terms like an RPG an issue would be that clothes (at the moment) don't have any level requirement to wear, but their stats are generated by the level you are when you find them - the higher you are, the higher the stats become. So if you're level 200 you could find clothes that are "junk" for you, but hundreds of points above what a level 20 player would get, and if you can gift them it would just be everyone in a studio being fed clothes by whoever's highest level.

Maybe what could happen is that if you gift an item of clothing, its stats get reset to the receiver, as if they just found it when it's given. You could still be giving a "good" item like say a Special Epic, that would be better than just the regular stuff a lower level player might be wearing already, but it would be only as good as what the receiver would be able to find themselves, if they got lucky enough to find a Special Epic. Another way it would work would be for collecting sewing patterns, you could help friends/studio members complete their collections by giving them items they're missing. I don't think that would be too unbalancing as in order to give an item you'd have to find it yourself first, and also when you get down to it the rewards for completing sets are cool but not unbalance-the-game awesome.

Also also, maybe when an item is given, it gets marked as "Second Hand", and then can't be re-given to another player. That would keep the system from being abused to complete collections by just passing the same item from player to player to player in the studio so everyone gets the sewing pattern as soon as just one player finds the item legit.

• AngelicaSynn, Becky Lynch, Analis and 1 other like this

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#5 Blackcat

Blackcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Character:Blackcat
  • Studio:Blackcat Alley

Posted 01 November 2016 - 22:21 PM

Kaitee, I love all your suggestions! I would add one, to address the problem explained by Analis: Why not put a maximum per character per day/week/month. Maximum you can give AND maximum you can receive. That would help against cheaters and would allow team members to have even more interactions! (And I love interactions, hum...sorry!)

• AngelicaSynn, Becky Lynch and Analis like this

#6 tashia

tashia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Character:tashia
  • Studio:little devils

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:50 PM

You can still give diamonds as a gift to other players. When you are about to choose how many diamonds you want to buy on bottom right is the voucher box. Click that and it will give you a code. Pass that code to your friend and they will get the diamonds that you bought. One more thing, your friend should be in same server.

Edited by tashia, 25 November 2016 - 12:51 PM.

• AngelicaSynn and Blackcat like this

#7 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 23:53 PM

I like Kaitee's idea of sewing patterns... how about making it so any item can be donated to the studio as a pattern... the item itself is consumed from the donator's chest, but only items which the pattern user owns can be altered.   

that way, the 'items' would be available to newbies for movie costumes, team outfit sets, etc., but their stats would only reflect the best item they themselves have in inventory.

• Blackcat likes this

APFXkym.png   

also BenDover on UK2

#8 elowyn

elowyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:28 AM

i like the idea of a "joint pattern" pool as it gives studios the ability to have a shared uniform but without affecting the stats abilities for the levels. I would think it should be possible to program in the shared pattern idea but without the pattern being credited for achievements goals until the player discovers it themselves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users