39 replies to this topic

#21 lozenges

lozenges

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:06 AM

I can't agree more with ScarletViper too.
Temple mission this week is so hard and maybe unfair to small studios & studios with low active members.
  • Garm likes this

#22 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • World:UK1
  • Character:Kaitee
  • Studio:GIRLS BRAVO STUDIOS

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:49 AM

I can see both points of view on this. For small studios or with inactive members it will be difficult to rank high, studios with 30 members using most of their energy every day will dominate. But for 3000 points, that is 428 points per day, just two active players could do that for their whole studio, and it's not going to get a great rank, but it will meet the target and get some reward. So it's not like small studios/players are shut out completely. And if it does mean the best rewards will go to the studios with lots of members who play a lot - is that really a horrible thing? Last week's temple went to studios who did the most films, that meant lots of people playing long enough to complete 2.5 and 3 hour films, it's not that different really. The temple competition is between whole studios, so it makes sense that it's not just having one good player that decides it, it's whether you have a whole team who all play hard. That's not easy, it takes time to grow, inevitably some players will stop playing and you have to recruit new ones to take their spot in the studio and then they take time to level up, it's really hard work for a studio boss (I'm not one so I get to take it easy, yay). I don't think it's unfair if you do all that work to put together a strong studio, you get the rewards.

Anyway other topic, I didn't realise the tasks to get temple points would change each week. I like that, it's going to be like every week has a new flavour, and will play the game slightly different.

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#23 Garm

Garm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Character:Garm
  • Studio:GString Enterprises

Posted 13 October 2016 - 18:31 PM

The new temple challenge is based on timed missions so if you do a fighting or skill mission you will not get any points towards the challenge. By the way this week's challenge is completely unfair to really small studios.

oh, lol. I must learn to read some day. thank you

#24 ScarletViper

ScarletViper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • World:UK2
  • Character:ScarletViper
  • Studio:Viper Room

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:34 AM

How does the temple challenge work with new members who join as the challenge is going on? Do they get to participate? If so, is it after they've been a member for a day or after their first refresh in the studio? I've had a couple new members join and they haven't been getting any points towards the challenge. I'm assuming it's similar to studio fights and they have to wait until the next day to participate.

#25 Becky Lynch

Becky Lynch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Character:BeckyLynch.
  • Studio:Champagne Room

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:05 PM

In order to participate in that week's temple challenge they must be a member of the studio at the time the challenge begins. If they join at any time after they will not be able to participate until the following week :)

This is to prevent players from changing studios to manipulate the rankings and to ensure a fair contest.

I can submit this as a suggestion to allow new members to participate if you could post it here as a suggestion..;)

Posted Image

Straight Fire!!

#26 lozenges

lozenges

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 13:43 PM

I have questions like ScarletViper too.
Thanks for answer.
  • Becky Lynch likes this

#27 Jason777

Jason777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Jason777 - UK2 JasonXXX
  • Studio:Abusement park - UK2 TM

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:23 AM

The higher studios with lots of active players will be the only ones who will like the temple, the lower ones who need diamonds as they can't get any, won't get much of a chance. It will mostly always be the same studios who will be at the top. I like the temple, it's a very good addition to the game, but isn't really that fair for everyone  (angel)

• Shantsu, Maalena and Blackcat like this

ePUgNQJ.png

UK1 - Jason777

UK2 - JasonXXX

NU1 - JV676767

#28 Harmony

Harmony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Character:Harmony
  • Studio:Ephemeral Style

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:35 AM

This weeks challenge is rubbish, sitting around waiting for conventions to randomly pop i'm tipping most studios won't even reach 3000 points

#29 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • Character:Kaitee
  • Studio:GIRLS BRAVO STUDIOS

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:53 AM

Yeah I am wondering a bit about it, I don't want to be all down on the idea since it's natural, some weekly contests are going to look tougher than others, that's okay... I feel like maybe this could be a bit more forgiving though. It takes 3000 points to get a rank, assuming a full studio and every member pulling their weight that's 100 points per member - 10 convention shows each. That's not impossible, I usually get 13 or 14 shows maybe in a convention (and I don't 'buy' shows, and I only use the 25% mission booster). But I think maybe, for a week like this, it'd be really good if the frequency of conventions was increased temporarily. I haven't been taking detailed notes but I feel like maybe I see one convention per week while I'm online, so that's just one chance to contribute to the studio contest - and if it happens when I'm not watching the screen, or I'm in the middle of a 15-minute mission already when it starts, it'll be tough to make the 10 shows I should put in just for our studio to have a chance, never mind get ahead. Fair enough winning should be difficult, but unless I don't understand this week's rules it's going to be difficult just to compete, and come down more to luck, being online at the right random time, than putting in effort to play consistently through the week like the previous contests have been about.

Still I don't want to be a downer, I'm not quitting or anything, if I get a good convention run this week that's good, if not, there'll be another contest next week to try, not the end of the world  :)

• Maalena likes this

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#30 lozenges

lozenges

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:59 AM

Hoping that Conventions will held more often. I have jobs,works and duties to do in real world. I can't stroke & trace for these in all day, all night long. So that up to your trace and lucky to play in time of conventions held.

#31 Maalena

Maalena

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationChain of Craters
  • Character:Maalena
  • Studio:Burning Girls

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:14 AM

Each Temple competition has a unique requirement to excel, where one studio will succeed another may fail.

The conventions have always been a "Lucky I was Here" mission.  Since luck is always a factor in the game

luck may be the winning factor in this weeks temple competition.

Posted Image

#32 Harmony

Harmony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Character:Harmony
  • Studio:Ephemeral Style

Posted 20 October 2016 - 21:49 PM

Each Temple competition has a unique requirement to excel, where one studio will succeed another may fail.

The conventions have always been a "Lucky I was Here" mission.  Since luck is always a factor in the game

luck may be the winning factor in this weeks temple competition.

That's not entirely true though, last week was time missions there is no luck involved in that you just do time missions, the first one was tied to completing films also no luck involved.

Whoever came up with this weeks temple task has unfortunately missed the mark.   This weeks task will come down to who wants to spend the most diamonds auto completing missions to get points.

#33 Gigi71

Gigi71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:18 AM

I stated in another section that those who use diamonds to "buy" shows will have a clear advantage over those who don't use many or don't purchase diamonds. Many players can't afford the diamonds shouldn't have a disadvantage. At least some sort of halt on using diamonds for the week on conventions should apply to level the playing field.

#34 Maalena

Maalena

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationChain of Craters
  • Character:Maalena
  • Studio:Burning Girls

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:43 AM

That's not entirely true though, last week was time missions there is no luck involved in that you just do time missions, the first one was tied to completing films also no luck involved.

Whoever came up with this weeks temple task has unfortunately missed the mark.   This weeks task will come down to who wants to spend the most diamonds auto completing missions to get points.

As I stated:  

Luck may be a winning factor in "this" competition, as is being online at the same time a convention is called. Each competition has a unique requirement.

Never said Luck was involved in making movies or doing time mission. Those both have other Unique Requirements.

Like choosing the best time missions in the best area to maximize reward, or doing films with the most fans.

Spending of Diamonds on any aspect of the game is a players right. The game is a competition and the Temple is only a game within the game.

Posted Image

#35 DildoKing

DildoKing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationCaribou, Maine, USA
  • Character:DildoKing
  • Studio:Erotic Dreams

Posted 23 October 2016 - 18:09 PM

Perhaps BBE could make an announcement on their FB page when a convention starts. Then those who are not in the game at the moment but on Facebook, could receive a notification and then join in the convention.

It's just a suggestion.

f0A0Ck5.png

#36 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 26 October 2016 - 20:03 PM

Spending of Diamonds on any aspect of the game is a players right.
The game is a competition and the Temple is only a game within the game.

True. It's totally a player's right to spend 4.125 or 4.500 diamonds (twice) to win a convention.

But that doesn't eliminate the impression it gives that this week's temple challenge just might be a little flawed.

It's simply less fun seeing a victory getting bought, versus one being won through luck, skill, teamwork or activity.

Edited by Analis, 26 October 2016 - 20:04 PM.

• Zed12 and Gigi71 like this

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

#37 Garm

Garm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Character:Garm
  • Studio:GString Enterprises

Posted 08 November 2016 - 18:56 PM

"Temple of Unfulfilled Desires
• To be shown in this ranking list a studio must have at least 3000 temple points.
• The best 100 teams can win studio diamons, skill points or experience as a reward."

I understand the concept of the big Studios gaining the most rewards, they spent real money out of pocket to build their studio big enough to accomadate 30 members.

I would however like seeing ALL the rankings even if there is no reward for the lower placed studios, just like the Big Bang Awards column.

I would also enjoy having an individual participation element that would give players in the small studios some hope of receiving at least some kind of reward for active involvement. In my particular studio, almost all the members are very low ranks and are not able to complete tasks as easily as higher ranks. I could boot them all out and only permit high ranks but where would these players go? Many studios set in place requirements. We don't, we are just having fun playing our own game

Thanks for adding new elements to "our" game, it does make things more interesting :)

~Garm

• Blackcat likes this

#38 scurrvy

scurrvy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 20:15 PM

ooh, i like that suggestion Garm, no offense, but i would like to piggyback on to that idea,

what if, for studios that break the 3000 mark, become eligible for a studio level Temple bonus, where the top 5 are given (for example) a 10% bonus to the reward earned (for notes and experience; not including skill points and diamonds for balance issues) from the temple.

this would encourage active studio-less ppl to join, encourage Temple participation, and slightly discourage 1 man studios as they can reach the reward bracket

and congrats @kate in uk2

#39 Kurana

Kurana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Character:Kurana
  • Studio:Tragically Malicious

Posted 09 November 2016 - 13:14 PM

My slight concern about the Temple is that the SPs are so generously awarded. Although I am in a studio that tends to do well, I think that getting 20 to 30 SPs is a bit generous since leveling just awards you a measly 2. I think it might be more balanced if the SP reward was nerfed. I hope that even those in studios that tend to do well could agree that it is uncharacteristically high, especially for people who have to pay a fortune for a single point.

Anyway, I like the variety, although I pray to God never to get another convention challenge!

• Analis and Blackcat like this

#40 Analis

Analis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Character:Analis
  • Studio:Bros And Hoes

Posted 09 November 2016 - 17:54 PM

Anyway, I like the variety, although I pray to God never to get another convention challenge!

Whatever God that is, please count me in on your prayer. (angel)

• Kurana likes this

Now that my char has been deleted...

I finally am just as relevant to UK2 as Maalena always has been.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users