Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • World:UK2

Posted 14 June 2016 - 17:41 PM

example case:

1. Boss has vacation / work / MIA, >1week to 6months

2. entrusts Boss position to a trusted Producer (maybe a long time hire / recruit)

3. during absence of old-Boss, new-Boss removes old-Boss and all their supporters

4. ^including diamond donors who helped to expand the studio and maintain Doubles / Cakes

what do? and how are these investments protected? Discuss.

we cant always distrust everyone

#2 AngelicaSynn

AngelicaSynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • World:UK1

Posted 14 June 2016 - 21:26 PM

Unfortunately, a current boss can remove any player for any reason, or for no reason at all... within a studio, the current boss holds all the power.

If you trusted someone enough to make them boss, and they then decide to remove you and your supporters, there is nothing you can do about it other than 'outing' them for doing so, in a public forum, and then move on to building or joining another studio.

'Outing' them will reduce the number of potential recruits who will trust them in the future, thus reducing the potential pool of future donors/minions... 

If you start another studio, you can also attack their studio as often as possible. and in any case you can attack them personally and encourage your strongest team-mates to do the same, provided you can condone that type of vengeful behavior...

• Becky Lynch likes this

APFXkym.png   

also BenDover on UK2

#3 Kurana

Kurana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Character:Kurana
  • Studio:Tragically Malicious

Posted 14 June 2016 - 23:11 PM

This sounds a bit weird. While I would like more democratic governance, it sounds pretty unlikely that a lot of people would go down the path of taking over a BBE studio. Sure, I guess I could see the new boss deciding to remain boss, but how many people would really go through all this trouble to steal a studio?

As a general rule, I would actually like decisions within studios to be democratic (such as requiring all producers and boss, or even the entire studio, to vote on some decisions before they are enacted) but the implementation would probably be really clunky and complex and probably way too much work to add. Although I don't know many studio bosses, I assume that most of them are decent people who would not go crazy with power but are more concerned with building a good studio, and throwing a bunch of people out as part of some kind of power struggle sounds very counterproductive.

It really sucks if things like what you described would happen, but it's so extreme that it probably would not serve as a good basis for overhauling the way studios are governed.

#4 Becky Lynch

Becky Lynch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Character:BeckyLynch.
  • Studio:Champagne Room

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:13 AM

If the original boss transferred the studio to someone else for any reason it's not a hostile take over. This sounds like an unusual situation that would not happen often but there is no way to prevent it. If you are a studio Boss you have complete control. My advice would be to always make sure it's someone you trust before you give them that control. Sorry if that happened to your studio. :(

Posted Image

Straight Fire!!

#5 scurrvy

scurrvy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 15:20 PM

aww, thanks for the advice and support everyone. it means a lot.
and sorry for being vague. my intention was never to shame anyone but to explore what options exist.
i know this isnt something to overhaul the game over, cause its complex.

but, you guys (readers) know how niche studios exist, right? the 'only' type studios, like;
"we accept players who are; gays only; girls only; roleplaying only; russian only; pokemon lovers only" xD

thing is i was approached by such a person when i was recruiting.
i helped her since i'm crazy, but mostly because her needs coincided with mine.
as in, the studio she got kicked from was a possible arbitrary target of mine to win glory from.

after hearing her story i reached out to their studio wanting to mediate some compromise, specifically with the guy she named, cause i felt bad for her.
i was told such a thing did happen, but it was none of my business D:

she's mellowed down, but still sore over the euros she and her founding group put in to expanding the studio. it was a lot. the friends/members/producers she lost who frustratedly/angrily deleted themselves after the power shift kinda hit her hard since she felt responsible as the trusting Boss. they didnt like the new management and how their diamonds/euros were spent. she has considered leaving the game after all this heartbreak, and its her right to not play games that discomfort her or have bad feelings towards,
cause its just a game we have fun with. but i cheer her up. maybe.

and even if i brokered a deal where she returns to them,
all her ppl have been replaced even though her euros got the expansions. (sorry for repeating this point a lot, but ppl feeling invested in things is hard to depict in words. like if you paid for a £100 pc game/wine, you deserve a £100 worth of experience =x)

i've only heard her side so i cant judge fairly.
but from how they changed their Description, i guessed that the new management refused to continue their earlier niche practices, and take in anyone willing. it kept dumbfounding me how they could cast away diamond donors over a minor negotiable thing though.
but thats how things are~ *shrugs*
¯\_(*_*)_/¯

its definitely is a dick move, but i'd like to hear all these and more constructive from everyone on how could they respond to it. thanks everyone, pls continue :D
ps:
@Kate; you're probably right. they probably didnt have hostile intentions. just probably wanted more flexibility
@Kurana; haha a built-in polling tool would be a fun/useful toy for studios
@Angelicasynn; she kept calm, so ppl wouldnt perceive her as a crazy angry person, and she knew it wouldnt help~

along with how i screen targets to win studio glory, i've since met with some ex-members who support her story.

when i was told this, it struck me that as long as you can gain trust, converting studios was easy. that scared me.but it probably wont effect mainstream studios;

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -not like ebola could happen to me Kappa

Edited by scurrvy, 15 June 2016 - 15:23 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: studio, takeover

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users